Boufal

spyinthesky

He was woeful yesterday. Really dislike him as a player. Thinks he's it, but in reality just loses it far too much. A double luxury with Tadic on the field

Cant understand why people already has started disliking him. I agree hes been poor lately but he has shown in games before what hes capable off. Some games he has been insanely good in. My guess is we are gonna sell this bloke to PSG in two years for 50+ million and have a good laugh over posts like above.

Cant understand why people already has started disliking him. I agree hes been poor lately but he has shown in games before what hes capable off. Some games he has been insanely good in. My guess is we are gonna sell this bloke to PSG in two years for 50+ million and have a good laugh over posts like above.

Nowhere near good enough for PSG. They've learnt their lesson with Ben Arfa.

I hope your right. I still can't work out where he would be best used in the team out wide or more central as a number 10 role. I certainly agree with many that you can't get the best out of Tadic or Boufal on the pitch together!

I hope your right. I still can't work out where he would be best used in the team out wide or more central as a number 10 role. I certainly agree with many that you can't get the best out of Tadic or Boufal on the pitch together!

I think you could in a 4-2-3-1 type system. Both could float behind the lone striker,

The guy is one of the least 'team' players I have ever seen in our team, he must have a massive ego. Why he has to try and beat every player and then beat one he has beat again is beyond me. clueless and useless. The team just goes to pot when he comes on. Rant over.

Classic flair player with obvious skill/talent that struggles to adapt to English football, is sold abroad and looks outstanding at times. Seems to me as though he is far too inconsistent, selfish and lightweight. His constant need to try to beat a player several times infuriates me - and I thought Tadic was guilty of doing this! Boufal takes it to a whole new level.

That said, similar things were said about Mane at the beginning.

Boufal needs a consistent run of games to get back to the stuff he was playing early in the season. Even yesterday during his mixed cameo, he found space in the box and provided an assist for Tadic who couldn't finish off. I'd rather a player like Boufal in the side who can create opportunities to win games than a collection of sideways passers and safety first(ers).

Hugely talented player. Could become sensational.

Don't think we can accuse him of being lightweight: he chases back and puts a foot in.

He does need to learn to sometimes just do the simple stuff........And a run of games would help.

I don't know his character so hard to tell. I just know I want flair players in our squad not replaced with Jonathon Walters types. Always a risk with signings and our level means they are a gamble as if fulfilled they aren't coming here. Or we could keep the money and not risk it.

Or the Mane one where we see the usual plums embarrassing themselves.

The Mane thread gets put forward as an example alot - looks to me like it was a thread where a handful were questioning his form but the majority on the thread felt he was a proper talent and we're proved right.

I don't know his character so hard to tell. I just know I want flair players in our squad not replaced with Jonathon Walters types. Always a risk with signings and our level means they are a gamble as if fulfilled they aren't coming here. Or we could keep the money and not risk it.

if you dont know, why do you think people will embarrass themselves by saying Boufal (who cant buy a start in a team pretty crap in attack) is not very good (so far)????

I think he is far more of the Gaston ilk than mane and will go down the same path. He may have a purple patch (like gaston) but ultimately, will suffer from knocks and niggles that will prevent him from owning a spot in the side

Edited by Batman

Mane thread is example of many of the entitled fans who cannot grasp what being a Saints fan means. The same screaming for Puel's head because they weren't thoroughly entertained in a few games and think everything including success is instantaneous. So the same sort that write Boufal off quickly. I am not say he will be a success but would say far too soon to write him off and doing so is embarrassing. Still will get the proud 'I called it first' types who forget they also called Mane first etc. Oh and could go on - Yoshida is an embarrassment etc.

Mane thread is example of many of the entitled fans who cannot grasp what being a Saints fan means. The same screaming for Puel's head because they weren't thoroughly entertained in a few games and think everything including success is instantaneous. So the same sort that write Boufal off quickly. I am not say he will be a success but would say far too soon to write him off and doing so is embarrassing. Still will get the proud 'I called it first' types who forget they also called Mane first etc. Oh and could go on - Yoshida is an embarrassment etc.

for someone who does not know, you seem pretty sure on what side of the fence to sit on

it is almost like you are not sure on him at all but don't want to come across as a negative type of fan the type that you have critiqued many times

you never mentioned the Gaston threads where people were sure he would tear up this league.....did they not embarrass themselves too?

or the ones who said Adkins was the next great English manager, the next fergie and all that........

Edited by Batman

if you dont know, why do you think people will embarrass themselves by saying Boufal (who cant buy a start in a team pretty crap in attack) is not very good (so far)????

I think he is far more of the Gaston ilk than mane and will go down the same path. He may have a purple patch (like gaston) but ultimately, will suffer from knocks and niggles that will prevent him from owning a spot in the side

Oh they are saying he is not very good so far? I thought they were saying he was an absolute sh1te signing.

I started the Mane thread after getting back to my hotel from the Sheffield United game , that was probably the worst I'd seen Saints for year's (still is) and Mane was the worst player on the pitch and was pants the 3 games before that game I stood by what I said then and still do now , he wasn't good enough at that time !

I started the Mane thread after getting back to my hotel from the Sheffield United game , that was probably the worst I'd seen Saints for year's (still is) and Mane was the worst player on the pitch and was pants the 3 games before that game I stood by what I said then and still do now , he wasn't good enough at that time !

I love you even more for the Mane thread Simo. I don't actually have you as one of the bad ones who I refer to and more just an emotional/over excitable fan.

Seems people are scared to make a judgement for fear of it coming back to bite them in the arse in 2 years time.

Well Boufal is shïte so far and I wouldn't want him anywhere near the side. Hopefully he proves me wrong but at the moment, Sims deserves his place more than Boufal.

Seems people are scared to make a judgement for fear of it coming back to bite them in the arse in 2 years time.

Well Boufal is shïte so far and I wouldn't want him anywhere near the side. Hopefully he proves me wrong but at the moment, Sims deserves his place more than Boufal.

Yeah fear it is. Well done you brave boy.

I think it's more that sensible posters don't want to make knee jerk comments at such and early stage of

a players SFC career

Your first sentence sums it up.

Boufal has huge talent and with it, huge potential. It's up to Saints (including us as supporters...the booing when Gabbiadini went off was embarrassing) to give it as much chance of happening as possible.

The issue with Gaston wasn't people jumping to conclusions or not giving him a chance, but people unable to see that he clearly wasn't good enough. Banging on and on about the "Villa match", going on that he "clearly has talent " . We're in the same territory now with people defending the indefensible. He has been absolutely woeful lately. Personally I'm not sure he has the mentality or strength to play in England, certainly nothing I've seen suggests he has. Hopefully he will come good , but if he's still shocking in 18 months time I hope the people will admit it rather than cling onto to never been glories as the Gastonettes did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we merge this thread with the Gaston one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You said the same thing about Mane.

If it were up to you, Schneiderlin would have been sold for a sixpence and we'd still be down in League 1 with Wotton and Hammond as our midfield pairing.

The guy is one of the least 'team' players I have ever seen in our team, he must have a massive ego. Why he has to try and beat every player and then beat one he has beat again is beyond me

This is where a strong manager can make all the difference.

In his first season, Mane was doing exactly the same thing and it was utterly enraging; beating players more than once, trying ridiculous step-overs that fooled no-one and just slowed himself down, and being hopeless when it came to his end product.

Throughout his time under Koeman, he began to cut the bull**** out of his game, beat players with simple pace and strength where he had the chance, and play two-touch football when he didn't. Under Klopp he's kicked on even more.

At the moment I feel like something has to give. I don't see Puel having the personality to really handle Boufal and get the best out of him, and if we don't, I'm convinced someone else will.

This is where a strong manager can make all the difference.

In his first season, Mane was doing exactly the same thing and it was utterly enraging; beating players more than once, trying ridiculous step-overs that fooled no-one and just slowed himself down, and being hopeless when it came to his end product.

Throughout his time under Koeman, he began to cut the bull**** out of his game, beat players with simple pace and strength where he had the chance, and play two-touch football when he didn't. Under Klopp he's kicked on even more.

At the moment I feel like something has to give. I don't see Puel having the personality to really handle Boufal and get the best out of him, and if we don't, I'm convinced someone else will.

Boufal has not proved to be a very good PL player so far not sure how you think it is because Puel does not have the personality to really handle Boufal and get the best out of him

More likely Boufal does not have the personality to knuckle down and perform like Yoshi Bertrand Oscar VVD Romeu and Redmond have done

Boufal has not proved to be a very good PL player so far not sure how you think it is because Puel does not have the personality to really handle Boufal and get the best out of him

More likely Boufal does not have the personality to knuckle down and perform like Yoshi Bertrand Oscar VVD Romeu and Redmond have done

The one thing all those players have over Boufal is regular starts all season long.

Although I might be being dim here, but who is Oscar?

• 2 weeks later...
He's gone from one of Europe's hottest players to a borderline joke. All in 8 months

Needs a manager or club that suits his style. Puel is not that man.

Hoj was very well rated, now crap

Gabbiadini looked lethal, now cant get a sniff

redmond is the new Henry

Puel is killing us

I thought he was one of our best players today, and certainly better than Redmond and Tadic.

At the end of the day, half our team looked like they weren't really arsed.

He definitely is a talent and I do agree with Puel that unless he gets starts he won't fulfil his potential.

Shame half the team seem to have their heads in their new clubs..

I thought he was one of our best players today, and certainly better than Redmond and Tadic.

At the end of the day, half our team looked like they weren't really arsed.

Yeah agreed, I thought he definitely was one of our best performers. I really don't get the criticism of him, he has not had a consistent run in the team yet.

Yeah agreed, I thought he definitely was one of our best performers. I really don't get the criticism of him, he has not had a consistent run in the team yet.

Well, basically this is what happens:

-midfielders recycle ball, go back to centre backs, keep it simple

-dinlow fans start agitating and booing, "backwards FFS", "go forwards!"

-one of our players tries something, like taking a man on but gets tackled

-dinlow fans agitate and boo, "fakin paaaaas it", "too many touches"

Plus he's foreign, so he's probably lazy.

Wouldnt be so quick to blame Puel. Boufal has a massive attitude problem which was displayed after the game, where he let a lot of people down.

Young and talented but this guy obviously avoided the black box 'down to earth' setting.

Hopefully he'll learn quickly, otherwise he'll be shown the door.

For a club that keeps telling us how good they're recruitment department is, it's amazing how many players we've signed for big money who haven't had the right fit/attitude for us

For a club that keeps telling us how good they're recruitment department is, it's amazing how many players we've signed for big money who haven't had the right fit/attitude for us

What, not many you mean? Agree our recruitment is excellent.