Martin Caceres Signs - Official

Katalinic

Weirdest transfer (or non transfer) ever.

Massive player. Apparent family tragedy. Huge need for a CB at Saints.

And we can't even be bothered to get his beyond a 15 page thread.

I'm bracing myself for some idiot asking "Has Skacel signed yet?" and thinking it's funny.

But no one can even be arsed to be that lame.

Weak.

I'm bracing myself for some idiot asking "Has Skacel signed yet?" and thinking it's funny.

Weak.

Could you enlighten us as to how many pages a thread needs before it's considered important?

Weak.

Post something interesting about his family tragedy and we can all chip in with some banter.

Still worth a try - we have enough league games and prize money to make it worthwhile. Besides, sooner we are over 40 points the better and people are assuming Stephens/Yoshida/Gardos won't get injured/banned. Gardos's recent injury record is evidence enough to push this through if club, player and Home Office willing.

Weak.

Your Bang on, More effort is needed.

Have been looking into this and I don't have a lot of confidence in this signing happening, or even if it would strengthen the team. Caceres' current whereabouts is uncertain. If it is true that the death of his brother has caused him to travel back to Uruguay, he could be away for a week or more added to which he would need clearance to enter the UK and a work permit. In the meantime, the story has arisen about former club Barca needing defensive cover for an injury and like SFC, only having the free agent list available. So, even if the Saints' recruitment team do want him, it might not happen soon and it might not happen at all.

Then there is the question of how badly SFC want him. Having been out of the game for 12 months must raise serious doubts about how well he could now perform and how long it would take to get him match fit. One person who claims to know about these things has suggested that even if he is over the injury, getting match fit could take as much as six weeks. That seems to remove any prospect of him signing and appearing in the EFL final.

What about the alternatives? The current CB pairing is Yoshiba and Stephens. Yoshi has been first choice to partner VVD for most of this season so his place is secure. Together with Stephens the two of them have last week's clean sheet to look back on. As third choice CB, Gardos is back to match fitness and as a former international CB should be as good, if not better than Caceres, to compete for the second spot. It could be argued that without Caceres we are still one CB short from the ideal number of 4 prem quality players in this position, meaning we could have to go to the development squad, or play a full back out of position.

IMHO - the club may well try to sign Caceres but if they do, he could be 4th choice and would only get a first team opportunity if circumstances made it necessary.

Still worth a try - we have enough league games and prize money to make it worthwhile. Besides, sooner we are over 40 points the better and people are assuming Stephens/Yoshida/Gardos won't get injured/banned. Gardos's recent injury record is evidence enough to push this through if club, player and Home Office willing.
The Home Office is in London and so the chances are that it will be Man Utd fan dealing with it, no doubt it will be lost in a filing cabinet somewhere, I know I would if it was the other way around lol

Have been looking into this and I don't have a lot of confidence in this signing happening, or even if it would strengthen the team. Caceres' current whereabouts is uncertain. If it is true that the death of his brother has caused him to travel back to Uruguay, he could be away for a week or more added to which he would need clearance to enter the UK and a work permit. In the meantime, the story has arisen about former club Barca needing defensive cover for an injury and like SFC, only having the free agent list available. So, even if the Saints' recruitment team do want him, it might not happen soon and it might not happen at all.

Then there is the question of how badly SFC want him. Having been out of the game for 12 months must raise serious doubts about how well he could now perform and how long it would take to get him match fit. One person who claims to know about these things has suggested that even if he is over the injury, getting match fit could take as much as six weeks. That seems to remove any prospect of him signing and appearing in the EFL final.

What about the alternatives? The current CB pairing is Yoshiba and Stephens. Yoshi has been first choice to partner VVD for most of this season so his place is secure. Together with Stephens the two of them have last week's clean sheet to look back on. As third choice CB, Gardos is back to match fitness and as a former international CB should be as good, if not better than Caceres, to compete for the second spot. It could be argued that without Caceres we are still one CB short from the ideal number of 4 prem quality players in this position, meaning we could have to go to the development squad, or play a full back out of position.

IMHO - the club may well try to sign Caceres but if they do, he could be 4th choice and would only get a first team opportunity if circumstances made it necessary.

When you say you have been looking in to this, do you actually mean that you have read a couple of random tweets about a death in the family and one random article on barca interest? Oh sorry and you read on a forum somewhere that apparently getting match fit will take 6 weeks. Well based on that hard hitting evidence you may just be onto something!!

He's clearly not coming - to be honest he won't play in the final as he won't be fit and we aren't getting relegated so why ****ing bother.

Each league place is worth an extra £2m

He could be the difference between an 8th and 13th place earning us £10m more in merit money.

Each league place is worth an extra £2m

He could be the difference between an 8th and 13th place earning us £10m more in merit money.

Less his wages, bonuses and signing on fee of course and if he doesn't improve us we lose money. It's a gamble but for the love of God can we please get a cb ?

Barcelona's result against PSG makes it highly likely that they will hijack our bid for Caceres. Taking far too long to get this tied up

2 + 2 = 374

Bet there will be confirmation of 'Caceres joining Barcelona' when he flies in to Spain to join our pre Wembley training camp there...

There was no shenanigans, TA wanted to go to Spurs in the end and Spurs were happy to meet the valuation. We couldn't make him come here.

I was thinking the same but sadly some people just cant move on! I'm hoping this one goes through but in the same breath I hope we don't need him. Stephens and Yosh are doing really well.

There was no shenanigans, TA wanted to go to Spurs in the end and Spurs were happy to meet the valuation. We couldn't make him come here.

Nope... We thought we had a watertight deal to take Alderweireld, but the paperwork wasn't done properly, hence the threat of legal Action against athletics then no subsequent legal action.

The bloke who sorted out the paper work left Saints within two months of that farce.

Hence 'shenanigans'.

Nope... We thought we had a watertight deal to take Alderweireld, but the paperwork wasn't done properly, hence the threat of legal Action against athletics then no subsequent legal action.

The bloke who sorted out the paper work left Saints within two months of that farce.

Hence 'shenanigans'.

Pretty much my take on it someone didn't read the contract properly resulting in a bit of a cock up.