Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 1105

Thread: Martin Caceres Signs - Official

  1. Default Martin Caceres Signs - Official

    Turned down Milan, heading for England:

    http://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/milan...le-ultimissime

    Di Marzio is well connected and mentions Saints.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Christ, god knows why he'd want to join this sh1tstorm

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    21,416

    Default

    Save our season Les you utter bell-chop

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bemidji
    Posts
    613

    Default


  5. #5

    Default

    Should have been done long before now.......but at least it's an experienced international head at the back, if it happens.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Save our season Les you utter bell-chop
    Love the words 'Utter bell-chop.'

    If only Reed could pull this one out of the bag as it will potential cost us 100m if we went down.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the tattooists where the pain is exquisite...
    Posts
    3,255

    Default

    Get him in with the promise of a place in the cup final and a million bonus if we win it.

  8. Default

    Always part of the plan/transfer strategy, I'm sure :P Lord knows what his wages would be...wasn't there talk that he wanted 100k per week when discussing terms with other clubs in the summer? I don't disagree that we should pay that, because we should now, we're desperate, but it sort of makes a mockery of the Jack Schmitt claim that we baulked at prices rises for three players (in as much that we're now likely to pay premiums anyway....just not for/on our preferred targets).
    Last edited by Donatello; 05-02-2017 at 10:41 AM.

  9. #9

    Default

    We are desperate and this is what desperate cluvbs have to do. Whats the chances we get outbid by Sunderland....!?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    We are desperate and this is what desperate cluvbs have to do. Whats the chances we get outbid by Sunderland....!?
    With Sam Alladarce and dodgy payments under the table..... most likely them.

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchards View Post
    With Sam Alladarce and dodgy payments under the table..... most likely them.
    What's Allardyce got to do with them?

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton Researcher Football Manager 2017
    Posts
    19,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    We are desperate and this is what desperate cluvbs have to do. Whats the chances we get outbid by Sunderland....!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchards View Post
    With Sam Alladarce and dodgy payments under the table..... most likely them.
    Football really is in a mess if the current Crystal Palace manger would make payments under the table to help Sunderland sign a player!!!

  13. Default

    Would be a gamble but can anyone seriously see this happening if he turned down Milan? Surely off to China.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    What's Allardyce got to do with them?

    Ha ha he's left now oops

  15. #15

    Default

    Had a trial and failed to impress at Palace a few days ago apparently.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Football really is in a mess if the current Crystal Palace manger would make payments under the table to help Sunderland sign a player!!!
    (Smiles)
    my mistake as he left ages ago.

  17. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by for_heaven's_Saint View Post
    Had a trial and failed to impress at Palace a few days ago apparently.
    South Coast air is different

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton Researcher Football Manager 2017
    Posts
    19,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchards View Post
    (Smiles)
    my mistake as he left ages ago.
    He has also been the England manager since leaving Sunderland.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by for_heaven's_Saint View Post
    Had a trial and failed to impress at Palace a few days ago apparently.
    Probably more that his wages failed to impress tbf

  20. #20

    Default

    Sell the black box and use the cash to give him whatever he wants.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    8,668
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    We are desperate and this is what desperate cluvbs have to do. Whats the chances we get outbid by Sunderland....!?
    For once we have to cough up and pay over the odds. We are in **** street.

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by for_heaven's_Saint View Post
    Had a trial and failed to impress at Palace a few days ago apparently.
    Probably tried to play football from the back instead of lumping it

  23. #23

    Default

    In Jack Stephens last interview, at one stage he sort of says that he might become a permanent fixture in the side but hints that there is still a possibility that they bring someone in. Sounds like he knew like Saints were still looking to bring someone in and I was wondering why that was still possible?
    Now I know.
    I can't find the interview now but i think it was done on Friday. Can someone find it for me?

  24. #24

    Default

    Watching this video I had to double check he was a defender, some great finishing

    If he played for Juventus in defence then he is good enough for us.


  25. #25

    Default

    Seems to go to ground a lot.....did he play more as a RB at Juve than a CB?! or a RCB in a three?

  26. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalek2003 View Post
    For once we have to cough up and pay over the odds. We are in **** street.
    Totally agree, this has to be sanctioned by the club/Kat, Les needs to be told that money is no object to get this across the line, we have a major cup final which should provide an incentive to any player. Once completed Les should be hauled up in front of Kat and be made to explain how he allowed this to happen and why the club has been forced down this path. The excuse that he couldn't get the 4 rumoured deals across the line on the last day is not valid, everyone knew we needed at least one centre back, back at the start of the season when Fonte was acting billy big ********, Les is paid to do this, if he isn't capable of completing deals then he shouldn't be in his role.

    Problem in all of this is the fact that I imagine Kat isn't very tuned in to the football business, as I imagine Les is the one she goes to for advice. If she were to decide he isn't performing to her satisfaction, does she have the contacts to find the right man to replace him. I can imagine Les likes to keep her away from this so he keeps his position safer.

  27. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post
    In Jack Stephens last interview, at one stage he sort of says that he might become a permanent fixture in the side but hints that there is still a possibility that they bring someone in. Sounds like he knew like Saints were still looking to bring someone in and I was wondering why that was still possible?
    Now I know.
    I can't find the interview now but i think it was done on Friday. Can someone find it for me?
    Are you not referring to the interview he gave immediately after the Liverpool match? Perhaps not.

  28. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    Seems to go to ground a lot.....did he play more as a RB at Juve than a CB?! or a RCB in a three?
    Looks like he can play everywhere hahaha

    http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...-in-at-chelsea

  29. #29

    Default

    Is this fella a free agent then ?

  30. #30

    Default

    Apparently so.....

  31. Default

    http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news...siders-m-39844

    This article claims to know his contractual demands.

  32. #32

    Default

    There was an article on The Ugly about him last week-it basically said it would be very difficult for him to get a work permit.

  33. Default

    out of interest, would Palace want him given they have just got Sakho in?

  34. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AK View Post
    There was an article on The Ugly about him last week-it basically said it would be very difficult for him to get a work permit.
    Can't imagine that would be the case, he's a seasoned international with excellent pedigree. Tadanari Lee got one FFS!

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    "Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry"
    Posts
    12,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    out of interest, would Palace want him given they have just got Sakho in?
    Big Sam's famous 8-0-2 formation?

  36. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post
    In Jack Stephens last interview, at one stage he sort of says that he might become a permanent fixture in the side but hints that there is still a possibility that they bring someone in. Sounds like he knew like Saints were still looking to bring someone in and I was wondering why that was still possible?
    Now I know.
    I can't find the interview now but i think it was done on Friday. Can someone find it for me?

    Found it. Listen at 2 min 50:
    https://audioboom.com/posts/5569557-...he-team‬

  37. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post

    Found it. Listen at 2 min 50:
    https://audioboom.com/posts/5569557-...he-team‬
    Nice find. Cheers.

  38. #38

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    P-Tr boundary
    Posts
    3,089

    Default

    We clearly need someone and this looks like the best option. Hope it happens.

  39. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    Can't imagine that would be the case, he's a seasoned international with excellent pedigree. Tadanari Lee got one FFS!
    Seems a well thought out piece to me.
    http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal...ning-defender-

  40. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    Can't imagine that would be the case, he's a seasoned international with excellent pedigree. Tadanari Lee got one FFS!
    Hmm, Uruguay have played 24 matches within the last two years, and Caceres has played in 25% of those, which (by my estimation) would mean he would fail to automatically qualify for a permit. I'm sure MLG can clear it up though.

  41. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miserableoldgit View Post
    Apparently so.....
    The article was dated 5 Feb so suggests not during the window to me

  42. Default

    He hasn't played enough percentage of Uruguay games to qualify for permit

  43. #43

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    the metropolis of Southampton
    Posts
    6,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danjosaint View Post
    He hasn't played enough percentage of Uruguay games to qualify for permit
    Why did Palace give him a trial then?

  44. #44

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    6,589

  45. #45

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    hiding in shadows where I don't belong
    Posts
    29,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danjosaint View Post
    He hasn't played enough percentage of Uruguay games to qualify for permit
    It may well depend on how many of those games he was actually available for selection. None too sure that injury spells count and he has had a whole lot of injuries these last years.

  46. #46

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    South East London
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danjosaint View Post
    He hasn't played enough percentage of Uruguay games to qualify for permit
    One of those ones that would probably go through on appeal.

  47. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Window Cleaner View Post
    It may well depend on how many of those games he was actually available for selection. None too sure that injury spells count and he has had a whole lot of injuries these last years.
    I think they count initially, but are considered under the appeals process. Ultimately, I think it's fair to assume that it will go down to an appeals process. Hopefully it's a go though.

  48. #48

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bemidji
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Surprised no one has said how Mexes seems to had failed a medical according to the article.

  49. #49

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    hiding in shadows where I don't belong
    Posts
    29,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorne Malvo View Post
    Surprised no one has said how Mexes seems to had failed a medical according to the article.
    Not heard that but I'd certainly not be surprised.

  50. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Football really is in a mess if the current Crystal Palace manger would make payments under the table to help Sunderland sign a player!!!
    Ha ha made me chuckle


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •