Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 800 of 1127

Thread: Martin Caceres Signs - Official

  1. #751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxi_sopez View Post
    getting his visa for us in Paris it seems. Hopefully he will official soon
    Yep, fingers crossed.. a positive sign in light of the apparent Barcelona interest.

  2. #752

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    "Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry"
    Posts
    13,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    Nope... We thought we had a watertight deal to take Alderweireld, but the paperwork wasn't done properly, hence the threat of legal Action against athletics then no subsequent legal action.

    The bloke who sorted out the paper work left Saints within two months of that farce.

    Hence 'shenanigans'.
    Pretty much my take on it someone didn't read the contract properly resulting in a bit of a cock up.

  3. #753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulrich van Gobbel View Post
    Attachment 2364

    From Caceres' Instagram story..

  4. #754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    Nope... We thought we had a watertight deal to take Alderweireld, but the paperwork wasn't done properly, hence the threat of legal Action against athletics then no subsequent legal action.

    The bloke who sorted out the paper work left Saints within two months of that farce.

    Hence 'shenanigans'.
    Nah. You can't contract your way into forcing a player to sign for you when he doesn't want to.

    He was never our player and he was well within his rights to see what his options were at the end of the season.

  5. #755

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Well North of the Wrekin
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    Nah. You can't contract your way into forcing a player to sign for you when he doesn't want to.

    He was never our player and he was well within his rights to see what his options were at the end of the season.
    Agreed.However,he did initially want to stay with us until Levi flew over to see his Dad and the rest is history.

  6. #756

    Default

    From Uruguayan journalist Martin Charquero on Twitter:

    "ATTENTION. Martin Caceres is in Paris processing his work visa. Tomorrow will be officially presented by Southampton."

  7. #757

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    6,951

    Default

    Thank gawd


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #758

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    8,754
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Great if this goes through, especially if we don't see VVD back until April.

  9. #759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache View Post
    From Uruguayan journalist Martin Charquero on Twitter:

    "ATTENTION. Martin Caceres is in Paris processing his work visa. Tomorrow will be officially presented by Southampton."
    Havn't we got apply for his work permit ? That's how it works according to this

    https://www.eurojobs.com/blog/2012/0...u-work-permit/


    "the company will then have to apply for a work permit through their local government department, which is a long winded procedure and can take months. Most companies won’t want to waste time doing this, so they settle for someone else who could potentially do the job."
    perhaps I MISUNDERSTOOD IT !

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patred44 View Post
    Havn't we got apply for his work permit ? That's how it works according to this

    https://www.eurojobs.com/blog/2012/0...u-work-permit/


    "the company will then have to apply for a work permit through their local government department, which is a long winded procedure and can take months. Most companies won’t want to waste time doing this, so they settle for someone else who could potentially do the job."
    perhaps I MISUNDERSTOOD IT !
    I believe it's a different process for sports people.

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache View Post
    From Uruguayan journalist Martin Charquero on Twitter:

    "ATTENTION. Martin Caceres is in Paris processing his work visa. Tomorrow will be officially presented by Southampton."
    I could be missing something blindingly obvious here, but why would a Uruguayan citizen wishing to work in the United Kingdom be sorting out a work visa in France?

    Unless it's quicker/easier to do it in France and he then gets into the UK because of our (current) relationship with the EU?

  12. #762

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wokingham, Berkshire
    Posts
    7,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    I could be missing something blindingly obvious here, but why would a Uruguayan citizen wishing to work in the United Kingdom be sorting out a work visa in France?

    Unless it's quicker/easier to do it in France and he then gets into the UK because of our (current) relationship with the EU?
    I think you have to be outside of the UK to apply. Not sure why Paris in particular.

  13. #763

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Marathon training
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    It makes sense. All around the world you have to be out of the county in question when your gets granted, and it then starts when you pass immigration when you arrive. Paris would make sense as it's about as close as you can get to Southampton while still being abroad.

  14. #764

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    27,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St Chalet View Post
    I think you have to be outside of the UK to apply. Not sure why Paris in particular.
    You do yes, another impact of brexit in afraid. Thanks leavers, if the delays costs us the cup they only have themselves to blame. 🙄

  15. #765

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Marathon training
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    *when your VISA gets granted. Not sure it's the case for every country but is very common.

  16. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St Chalet View Post
    I think you have to be outside of the UK to apply
    Ah, ok. I've been thinking that he might have been able to get around the work permit rules in the short term by coming over here on a tourist visa and 'coincidentally' pitching up at Staplewood to do some fitness work 'on his own'. i.e. not employed by the club at that point, but just some random geezer who happens to like keeping fit whilst 'on holiday'. I guess the powers that be have got that potential loophole covered though

  17. #767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    You do yes, another impact of brexit in afraid. Thanks leavers, if the delays costs us the cup they only have themselves to blame. 🙄
    What are you talking about? How does Brexit currently effect a work permit for a non EU national?

    If had changed nothing in that respect.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

  18. Default

    What a load of complete and utter crap Turkish. It should also be pointed out that Art50 hasn't been triggered yet, even if Nolan's point above wasn't pertinent, which it is.

  19. #769

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    25,894
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Turkish was clearly joking. Ffs some of the people on here...

  20. #770

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunny Dubai
    Posts
    10,198
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St Chalet View Post
    I think you have to be outside of the UK to apply. Not sure why Paris in particular.
    Maybe he went to Paris with his bird/wife/mistress hoping for a bit of Valentine's Day romance and a damn good rodgering ....... it worked a treat for the whole Barcelona Team, they got well and truly f**ked

  21. #771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St Chalet View Post
    I think you have to be outside of the UK to apply. Not sure why Paris in particular.
    He already has a work permit for working in the schengen area, and Paris is the easiest flight back to Southampton.

  22. #772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    You do yes, another impact of brexit in afraid. Thanks leavers, if the delays costs us the cup they only have themselves to blame. ��
    Well I voted out so all I can say is "British centre backs for British clubs"

  23. #773

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,473
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
    Well I voted out so all I can say is "British centre backs for British clubs"
    Great, so our only centre back (current or expected) to be impacted by your vote would be Virgil.
    Yoshida - Japan, Caceres - Uruguay, Stephens - England, Gardos - Romania (not currently in the Schengen area).

  24. #774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    It makes sense. All around the world you have to be out of the county in question when your gets granted, and it then starts when you pass immigration when you arrive. Paris would make sense as it's about as close as you can get to Southampton while still being abroad.
    Cowes would have been closer.

  25. Default

    I have never seen Caceres play, don't know if he is fit or whether he will do a good job for us but feel rather put out that he hasn't signed yet

  26. #776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spyinthesky View Post
    I have never seen Caceres play, don't know if he is fit or whether he will do a good job for us but feel rather put out that he hasn't signed yet
    He can't sign until the government allows him to.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nolan; 16-02-2017 at 10:47 AM.

  27. Default

    I hope there is some clause to extend if he does well - would be frustrating if we get him fit and up to speed in the PL and then he buggers off to some other team on a free.

  28. #778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris27687 View Post
    I hope there is some clause to extend if he does well - would be frustrating if we get him fit and up to speed in the PL and then he buggers off to some other team on a free.
    I could live with it, especially if his wages on a new contract were too much for FFP. We get through the end of the season potentially in a better place, transfer window screw up rectified, MC will be motivated to get match fit and put himself in the shop window. Yoshi and Jack train with him and become better players. The cost isn't prohibitive for this period of time and we got a fair wedge for an ageing but popular Fonte. most of which we still have for a younger replacement. Win-win as far as I'm concerned. Imagine if he and Virgil are able to play together by the tail end of the season, both fully fit?

  29. #779

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,927

    Default

    Come on Cackers. Hurry up!

  30. #780

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Stylish as f*ck
    Posts
    12,310
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    believe that his 6month contract is performance and time based, and a certain amount will trigger a renewal

  31. #781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St Chalet View Post
    I think you have to be outside of the UK to apply. Not sure why Paris in particular.
    He flew into Paris, Gets a coach to Calais then hitches a lift in a lorry to Southampton - thats how it works for everyone else

  32. #782

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Fine City of Southampton
    Posts
    2,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
    Cowes would have been closer.
    No direct flights from Cowes...



    I like this, proper support, they're even signing my name.

  33. #783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St Chalet View Post
    I think you have to be outside of the UK to apply. Not sure why Paris in particular.
    As I think I've said before, my wife is an immigration adviser & whilst sports person visas aren't her area of expertise, she said ordinarily you would have to apply from your home country or ordinary place of residence. However with some types of visa that may require a prompter service, it's likely you can apply from somewhere which allows for a quicker service. Paris would definitely be one of these & she says most likely Italy & certainly Uruguay are not.

  34. #784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alehouseboys View Post
    No direct flights from Cowes...



    I like this, proper support, they're even signing my name.
    We need to get this going in the Chapel - it would be awesome

  35. #785

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Next to Grace
    Posts
    629

    Default

    Surely a Wembley song

  36. #786

    Default

    Well, if the Uruguayan journo is correct about an official announcement today, how long does it take to take a few photos & then let us know how thrilled the lad is to join us (on his behalf)?

  37. #787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache View Post
    Well, if the Uruguayan journo is correct about an official announcement today, how long does it take to take a few photos & then let us know how thrilled the lad is to join us (on his behalf)?
    tomorrows the day according to Murray groves on twitter

  38. #788

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    CHELSEA
    Posts
    998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache View Post
    Well, if the Uruguayan journo is correct about an official announcement today, how long does it take to take a few photos & then let us know how thrilled the lad is to join us (on his behalf)?
    Whilst growing up in the backstreets of Montevideo always dreamed one day of playing for Southampton - or is that pompey?

  39. #789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint77 View Post
    tomorrows the day according to Murray groves on twitter
    'Murray groves' is a wum.

  40. #790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint77 View Post
    tomorrows the day according to Murray groves on twitter
    Tomorrow never comes....

  41. #791

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton Researcher Football Manager 2017
    Posts
    19,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint77 View Post
    tomorrows the day according to Murray groves on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    'Murray groves' is a wum.
    He sure is!

    A big clue (apart form the nonsense he writes) is in his twitter bio he describes himself as a "Reputable established football associate".

    Isn't that for others to decide, rather than using it to describe yourself?

  42. #792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    He sure is!

    A big clue (apart form the nonsense he writes) is in his twitter bio he describes himself as a "Reputable established football associate".

    Isn't that for others to decide, rather than using it to describe yourself?
    He's made himself slightly more credible after changing his Twitter profile to something other than a BBC Yorkshire presenter though.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

  43. #793

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    14,142

    Default

    "I very please to be here. I look forward to play and show my qualities. I speak to Gaston Ramirez. He say it very nice but he say, "watch out for Alpine, man, he will call you Fartin Craperes and say you lazy asseshole".

  44. #794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    "I very please to be here. I look forward to play and show my qualities. I speak to Gaston Ramirez. He say it very nice but he say, "watch out for Alpine, man, he will call you Fartin Craperes and say you lazy asseshole".
    Excellent. Things are clearly progressing if we've got a statement ready already...

  45. #795

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    21,929

    Default

    Has he signed yet????

  46. #796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Has he signed yet????
    Martin Charquero says the announcement is imminent... But that was an hour ago!

  47. #797

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Peoples' Republic of Shrewtonia
    Posts
    1,178

    Default

    He's never coming

  48. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by musesaint View Post
    He's never coming
    Source?

  49. #799

    Default

    He's here

  50. #800

    Default

    looks like he is about to sign according to Saints twitter feed

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •