Martin Caceres Signs - Official

Katalinic

Incredible. Not one of those facts is correct.

Indeed all speculation but he Glasgow like those because they suit his agenda but does`nt like ones that favour the club... but he is troll as we all know

If he or anyone thinks we would pay a player 100k a week to play let alone sit on the bench is clearly a bit daft

Indeed all speculation but he Glasgow like those because they suit his agenda but does`nt like ones that favour the club... but he is troll as we all know

If he or anyone thinks we would pay a player 100k a week to play let alone sit on the bench is clearly a bit daft

There were 3-4 articles bouncing around at the time he signed. All reporting the 100k a week.

AC Milan were chasing him and we were desperate.

I knew we were desperate, you knew we were desperate and of course him and his agent definitely knew we were desperate. He was in a strong negotiating position given our F up with Fonte and failure to replace.

100k a week isn't crazy given our pants down position and his pedigree.

Why so angry? I've just posted what was reported.

If you have any reports or facts to the contrary let's see and hear them.

What if Caceres is not only good enough to play for us, but also a big improvement on Yoshida and Stephens and could be our longer term answer to the CB issue if VvD leaves this summer - isn't it about time we actually gave him the chance to see if he can cut it at this level? As we saw today, the season is effectively over, we're not landing top 6 and we aren't going down. What is there to lose by giving him a run?

What if Caceres is not only good enough to play for us, but also a big improvement on Yoshida and Stephens and could be our longer term answer to the CB issue if VvD leaves this summer - isn't it about time we actually gave him the chance to see if he can cut it at this level? As we saw today, the season is effectively over, we're not landing top 6 and we aren't going down. What is there to lose by giving him a run?

Money?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If he was then we would have signed him long before the second week of February after we'd tried and failed to sign (at least) two other centre backs.

He is not the long term answer to anything. He will be gone by 1st June.

I thought Yoshida was shaky today but Stephens done ok. Certainly doesn't take the intimidation handed out and gave it back as much as he was dealt it.

Can't see he point in playing Caceras if we are not keeping him next season. It would appear that he isn't good/fit enough to be picked so would assume he is here "just in case"

If he'd have played today, we'd have kept a clean sheet

I understand why you get irritated when people suggest Caceres should be given a chance because in the long term Jack looks like a good prospect and I thought today he was particularly good and solid and pressure from some tough players - especially when we were defending corners. He also looked calm and composed bringing the ball out of defence.

However, I'm not sure how we 'know' that Caceres is not going to be here next season. Has that been confirmed?

I noticed that when Cedric got his head injury today Caceres started warming up immediately so I imagine that he is also considered right back backup - (in fact he was the only defender on the bench) . If Cedric goes in the summer then perhaps we need to find out whether Caceres is worth a punt in that position.. or are we happy with giving Martina an extension instead? The point some people including me are making is that there is a big difference in seeing how he performs in training and the U23s than in a high pressure PL game and until he is given a go there is a danger we'll simply not know whether he still has the skills and stamina or not.

I repeat, this is not any criticism of Stephens who I think is developing really well.

If Cedric is sold do people seriously think the only options available to us are extend Martina's contract or offer Caceres a permanent deal?

It's a race between Cocu and Martin to see who is out of the door first come June, and we'll sign a perfectly good new permanent full back.

If Cedric is sold do people seriously think the only options available to us are extend Martina's contract or offer Caceres a permanent deal?

It's a race between Cocu and Martin to see who is out of the door first come June, and we'll sign a perfectly good new permanent full back.

Pied is a right back .....he is second choice I would imagine behind cedric

Money?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If he's on a pay-per-match arrangement as many have alluded to, for the sake of playing him to see if he's good enough, it's surely worth what is a relatively meagre gamble in the grand scheme of things. If we brought him in, we clearly think he's better than Gardos

I noticed that when Cedric got his head injury today Caceres started warming up immediately so I imagine that he is also considered right back backup - (in fact he was the only defender on the bench) .

Not true. When Cedric was injured the immediate reaction was to send JWP out to warm up. It was quite a while late rthat Caceres started warming up. The memory of JWP's last (?) appearance at RB came flooding back when it looked like Cedric might not continue.

Martina will not be here next season (McCarthy will be 3rd choice), Pied will be backup as he already is, hopefully Caceres will be offered a contract next season, as he is clearly a class player and Stephens is fast developing into a top class CB, now showing to be the better half of the current CB partnership. Puel cannot just slot caceres in to replace Stephens (or Yoshida), they are both performing perfectly well (except yesterday for Yoshida).

Not true. When Cedric was injured the immediate reaction was to send JWP out to warm up. It was quite a while late rthat Caceres started warming up. The memory of JWP's last (?) appearance at RB came flooding back when it looked like Cedric might not continue.

Martina will not be here next season (McCarthy will be 3rd choice), Pied will be backup as he already is, hopefully Caceres will be offered a contract next season, as he is clearly a class player and Stephens is fast developing into a top class CB, now showing to be the better half of the current CB partnership. Puel cannot just slot caceres in to replace Stephens (or Yoshida), they are both performing perfectly well (except yesterday for Yoshida).

How the **** is he clearly a class player?

How the **** is he clearly a class player?

Possibly something to do with playing nearly 70 times for Uruguay, and his club record for Juve, Sevilla and Barcelona, his 5 Serie A titles, Champions League and La Liga titles. Whether he can find his class again is open to question, but if you think he has achieved what he has without being class then clearly you have no idea, and also presumably have never seen him play.

Possibly something to do with playing nearly 70 times for Uruguay, and his club record for Juve, Sevilla and Barcelona, his 5 Serie A titles, Champions League and La Liga titles. Whether he can find his class again is open to question, but if you think he has achieved what he has without being class then clearly you have no idea, and also presumably have never seen him play.

He may have been once doesn't mean he is now , You don't pick up class players on a free a month after the transfer window closes only the dregs no body wants !

He may have been once doesn't mean he is now , You don't pick up class players on a free a month after the transfer window closes only the dregs no body wants !

"Form is temporary, class is permanent".

We didn't pick him up on a free because he "is the dregs", we picked him up on a free because he had been recovering from injury and was without a club. Other clubs were also sniffing around (so not true that no-one else wanted him) but it was unlikely that clubs who didn't have an emergency situation, as we did, would take the chance mid season.

Still think he shouldn't even be on the bench at the minute he is clearly not seen as a long term option I'd much rather see an academy lad on the bench just in case we need a defender in these nothing games.

Still think he shouldn't even be on the bench at the minute he is clearly not seen as a long term option I'd much rather see an academy lad on the bench just in case we need a defender in these nothing games.

You mean the £2 million a place nothing games? You would rather throw Alfie Jones in against Sanchez, Rooney, Origi etc.

Can you put a price on a young players development?

No, can you? I would be more concerned about the potential damage to one of our brightest prospects throwing him in too early. Only 19, still probably 2 or 3 years away from breaking into the 1st team. Can you imagine the meltdown on here if he was thrown in and his inexperience was shown up. Stephens has nearly 4 years on him and many on here can't cope with his learning even though he is actually showing what a class CB he is. If we had VvD playing alongside Jones it might just about work, but if had to play alongside Yoshida or even Stephens it would probably destroy the lad. No way would anyone at the Club contemplate such a reckless move at this stage, thank God.

• 2 months later...

Martin Caceres could soon return to being a protagonist of the Italian championship. After playing six seasons with the Juventus shirt, the Uruguayan defender is preparing to return to Serie A, this time with Hellas Verona

Edited by Give it to Ron
wrong club

Signed with Hellas Verona:

DGZ6n-GXkAQR7Bs.jpg

When did he last play before joining us? He appeared just the once for Saints. We've let him go and he's joined Lazio. They have *immediately* loaned him to Hellas Verona for 6 months. Does no-one actually want the guy?

When did he last play before joining us? He appeared just the once for Saints. We've let him go and he's joined Lazio. They have *immediately* loaned him to Hellas Verona for 6 months. Does no-one actually want the guy?

Well we know a heap of keyboard managers on here who would sell their Granny to get him in their Saints XI. So that makes Hellas Verona and them liking him, which ain't all bad for the lad. :p

Yeah Lazio want him, just sent him on loan to get match fitness/practice, the guy would've walked onto our team but due to whatever contract stipulations were involved, I agree nice to see jack get game time but he could have learnt from Caceres (on the pitch not off)

• 2 weeks later...