Martin Caceres Signs - Official

Katalinic

Always part of the plan/transfer strategy, I'm sure :p Lord knows what his wages would be...wasn't there talk that he wanted 100k per week when discussing terms with other clubs in the summer? I don't disagree that we should pay that, because we should now, we're desperate, but it sort of makes a mockery of the Jack Schmitt claim that we baulked at prices rises for three players (in as much that we're now likely to pay premiums anyway....just not for/on our preferred targets).

Edited by Donatello

We are desperate and this is what desperate cluvbs have to do. Whats the chances we get outbid by Sunderland....!?

With Sam Alladarce and dodgy payments under the table..... most likely them.

Football really is in a mess if the current Crystal Palace manger would make payments under the table to help Sunderland sign a player!!! :D

In Jack Stephens last interview, at one stage he sort of says that he might become a permanent fixture in the side but hints that there is still a possibility that they bring someone in. Sounds like he knew like Saints were still looking to bring someone in and I was wondering why that was still possible?

Now I know.

I can't find the interview now but i think it was done on Friday. Can someone find it for me?

For once we have to cough up and pay over the odds. We are in **** street.

Totally agree, this has to be sanctioned by the club/Kat, Les needs to be told that money is no object to get this across the line, we have a major cup final which should provide an incentive to any player. Once completed Les should be hauled up in front of Kat and be made to explain how he allowed this to happen and why the club has been forced down this path. The excuse that he couldn't get the 4 rumoured deals across the line on the last day is not valid, everyone knew we needed at least one centre back, back at the start of the season when Fonte was acting billy big ********, Les is paid to do this, if he isn't capable of completing deals then he shouldn't be in his role.

Problem in all of this is the fact that I imagine Kat isn't very tuned in to the football business, as I imagine Les is the one she goes to for advice. If she were to decide he isn't performing to her satisfaction, does she have the contacts to find the right man to replace him. I can imagine Les likes to keep her away from this so he keeps his position safer.

In Jack Stephens last interview, at one stage he sort of says that he might become a permanent fixture in the side but hints that there is still a possibility that they bring someone in. Sounds like he knew like Saints were still looking to bring someone in and I was wondering why that was still possible?

Now I know.

I can't find the interview now but i think it was done on Friday. Can someone find it for me?

Are you not referring to the interview he gave immediately after the Liverpool match? Perhaps not.

Now I know.

Found it. Listen at 2 min 50:

https://audioboom.com/posts/5569557-saintsfc-preview-jack-stephens-looks-ahead-to-the-return-of-jose-fonte-with-bigadamsport-and-his-recent-run-in-the-team‬

Can't imagine that would be the case, he's a seasoned international with excellent pedigree. Tadanari Lee got one FFS!

Hmm, Uruguay have played 24 matches within the last two years, and Caceres has played in 25% of those, which (by my estimation) would mean he would fail to automatically qualify for a permit. I'm sure MLG can clear it up though.

It may well depend on how many of those games he was actually available for selection. None too sure that injury spells count and he has had a whole lot of injuries these last years.

I think they count initially, but are considered under the appeals process. Ultimately, I think it's fair to assume that it will go down to an appeals process. Hopefully it's a go though.