Martin Caceres Signs - Official

Katalinic

They may not, but we have a self enforced budget that we won't be going over. His last club was Juve and he's getting towards the end of his career so more than possible he's demanding upwards of £100k a week on a long deal.

According to one of those Italian journos, he was demanding half of that.

In reality, he can demand whatever he wants, he isn't going to get much more than £50k off anyone with his recent history. He will go to the highest bidder.

I think we are definitely better than Milan.

Not at defending without VVD and Fonte. We need one in and it's the worst most complacent window since 2009 that I can remember seeing as we so clearly desperately needed a centre back.

If Yoshida gets injured we have 2 players with a handful of Prem appearances one of which has been out for pretty much 2 years. If this guy can get fit it's better than having no more options.

He was a very good player but he has been crippled by injuries, is semi-retired and would fail a medical at most clubs ( but not Southampton). However, in the event we can get him fit enough to play a few games before he needs treatment again, and he still has full mobility, he should improve our defence. The fact that he crashed his Ferrari into a bus stop whilst drunk at the wheel suggests he hasn't been taking very good care of himself though.

It will be surprising if he is anywhere near fit enough as the last time he was able to play was more than a year ago. This is what happened to his career before he stopped playing:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/martin-caceres/leistungsdaten/spieler/54935/plus/0?saison=2015

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/martin-caceres/leistungsdaten/spieler/54935/plus/0?saison=2014

Until he's driven ****ed from one side of London Road to the other to get a kebab he has a long way to go in terms of SFC drunk antics.

Uruguayan journalist tweeted half an our ago:

"Martin Caceres will have his medical with @SouthamptonFC in a couple of minutes. He reached an economic agreement with the club yesterday".

This would be excellent news if true.

We are desperate and if Milan wanted him/were willing to give him a go he can't be too far off the pace..even if he is it's not like we have any better options at present.

Good old black box..always comes up trumps!

Cheers for info Manji.

By "later" do you mean "later tonight" or "later this week"?

Tonight or tomorrow morning. Doesn't matter we have got him. I know some of the old timers on here aren't keen on me but I have never been an ITK'er. Before.

Im no bedwetter (although I think I might have started the phrase on here) but I am really fuc=ed off with the way Les Reed has handled things recently. Fonte didnt want to go (alright I'm ITK'ing) and was being groomed to be a future manager. Something isn't right. I actually feel sorry for Puel.

This is the equivalent of going to a nightclub and pulling at 2am. I wonder what she'll look like in the morning and what we've promised her!

Personally hope she's a stunner that we'll get a few trouble free years out of her.

I'd be happy if she stays fit for a couple of months.

Im no bedwetter (although I think I might have started the phrase on here) but I am really fuc=ed off with the way Les Reed has handled things recently. Fonte didnt want to go (alright I'm ITK'ing) and was being groomed to be a future manager. Something isn't right. I actually feel sorry for Puel.

From what I have been told his agent wanted him to stay.

Woah ! Care to share more ?

If that's the case then why would he be forced out?

Groomed by who exactly? Surely it would have been by someone in the club that had Les reeds blessing? Sorry that doesn't make sense to me. Fonte went because it suited him - why stick in a transfer request?

Groomed by who exactly? Surely it would have been by someone in the club that had Les reeds blessing? Sorry that doesn't make sense to me. Fonte went because it suited him - why stick in a transfer request?

Indeed, it doesn't make sense. If he was being groomed to be a future manager and he didn't want to go, why did we sell him? Especially when you add in the repeated rumour that his agent was advising him to stay. So based on this info that'll be all three parties - Club, Agent, Player - all want him to stay. But we accepted a fee and the player went.

How does that work?

Indeed, it doesn't make sense. If he was being groomed to be a future manager and he didn't want to go, why did we sell him? Especially when you add in the repeated rumour that his agent was advising him to stay. So based on this info that'll be all three parties - Club, Agent, Player - all want him to stay. But we accepted a fee and the player went.

How does that work?

Les works in mysterious ways

A player with top level experience on a free transfer.

Regardless of the circumstances, this is a very sensible signing. Could be a bargain.

I'm sure wages and signing on fee will be steep. Having said that, if he's the difference between staying up or going down he'll be a bargain at any price.

I'm sure wages and signing on fee will be steep. Having said that, if he's the difference between staying up or going down he'll be a bargain at any price.

Can't see them being any higher than Fonte's wages. I don't know how big signing on fees are these days but for a man with fitness issues who's been out of contract for a while, I can't see it being extortionate.

This is the equivalent of going to a nightclub and pulling at 2am. I wonder what she'll look like in the morning and what we've promised her!

Personally hope she's a stunner that we'll get a few trouble free years out of her.

Or you get her home, it turns out to be a man in drag, and he rapes you screaming in the ass.

This, in bold.