Gallagher to Sunderland?

Saint Garrett

For his size Gallagher has some pace about him.

To me, he looks like a natural goal scorer and has played on the wing for U23's a couple of years ago.

I actually think he'd suit our style and would fit into a diamond.

I'd say from that comment above you have seen very very little of him.

Indeed he can play in the box or down the flanks, he scores goals with both his head and feet and gets stuck in. He scored Saturday's goal despite having 6 stitches in a wound above his eye. Even if the club had doubts about Premiership pedigree not to offer him a contract means we could lose a lot of money. His contract runs out in May 2018 and other players on similar length contracts have had theirs extended but to date the club aren't talking to him or his agent. I guess only Les Reed can answer why not.

Indeed he can play in the box or down the flanks, he scores goals with both his head and feet and gets stuck in. He scored Saturday's goal despite having 6 stitches in a wound above his eye. Even if the club had doubts about Premiership pedigree not to offer him a contract means we could lose a lot of money. His contract runs out in May 2018 and other players on similar length contracts have had theirs extended but to date the club aren't talking to him or his agent. I guess only Les Reed can answer why not.

From SKD's comments and your own it would seem a bit strange that we are not at least starting to talk.

.Would be tempted to finally let JRod go in the summer and replace him with Gallagher

You need to look at the bigger picture.

Jays scoring record this season is technically better than Sams. In a better league

Jay averages a goal every 224 minutes, Sam is one every 232.

If Sam was here he'd be in/out/in/out/in/out like Jay