Ins and Outs - Summer 2017 Transfer Window

SKD

Charlie Austin 3million you for real or have you never actually been to st Mary's

With hindsight probably this valuation is too low bearing in mind continually inflated transfer figures, so willing to take the flak.

However as I assumed we reportedly paid a relatively low £5m to buy him last year,his wages are fairly high and he has had another lengthy injury, I assumed there might not be too many clubs willing to take a risk.

Hopefully you will forgive me for my poor assessment.

As a regular at the Dell and SMS for well over 50 years time does take its toll and, of course, I have no idea how Football Manager and all the modern tools of the trade work.

Best wishes.

No-one mentioning Jason McCarthy who will be back from his loan where he seems to be doing pretty well

Will be interesting, assuming Martina goes (out of contract) McCarthy would be our 3rd right back behind Cedric and Pied. Will not get many games if that is the case. Will we put him out on loan for a third year in the Championship?

I'll play.

In:

Lukas Hrádecký - GK - Eintracht Frankfurt

Mouez Hassen - GK - Nice

Çağlar Söyüncü - CB - Freiburg

Youssouf Sabaly - RB/LB - PSG

Lorenzo Pellegrini - CM - Sassuolo

Kerem Demirbay - CM - Hoffenheim

Thorgan Hazard - RF/LF/CF - Borussia Mönchengladbach

Out:

Forster

Clasie

Gardoș

Long

Davis

Rodriguez

Tadić

Alex McCarthy

Martina

Reed

Pied

Isgrove

Taylor

Targett

Gazzaniga

Jason McCarthy

Gallagher

Gray is basically Redmond.

Got all the raw attributes, needs coaching.

I think Gray is what everyone expected Redmond to be. Quick, direct and causes problems for fullbacks.

Redmond has shown glimpses, however from the little I've seen of Gray, it seems he does this on more of a regular basis.

I think Gray is what everyone expected Redmond to be. Quick, direct and causes problems for fullbacks.

Redmond has shown glimpses, however from the little I've seen of Gray, it seems he does this on more of a regular basis.

Redmond is quite quick but not very direct. Would say he is more similar to a Lallana type than a Mane for example.

Gray is more direct, definitely room for both in a squad.

Redmond is quite quick but not very direct. Would say he is more similar to a Lallana type than a Mane for example.

Gray is more direct, definitely room for both in a squad.

Similar to lallana but without the skills and work rate.

Similarities in shooting maybe - both pretty poor at shooting

My son (11 years old) has been working hard on his in's and out's this summer

Defence: in Schär and Wimmer because they are not getting game time and are talents

Out: Gardos

Midfield: Sigurdsson and Wylan Cyprien - Sigurdsson is tall and one of the best, Wylan Cyprien plays at Nice and is strong and passing amazing physical good

Out: Clasie too small and weak

Attack: Mariano from Real Madrid looks like a talent

Out: Jay Rod or Austin

Defence: in Schär and Wimmer because they are not getting game time and are talents

Midfield: Sigurdsson and Wylan Cyprien - Sigurdsson is tall and one of the best, Wylan Cyprien plays at Nice and is strong and passing amazing physical good

And that would be the best transfer window we've ever had.

Think we'll possibly get 1 or 2 from that list, probably the 2 cb's

Well if you want to play at a higher level this is the type of transfer window needed

I like his thinking

Arguably you need to stop selling your best assets as well, but we all know how that ends....

I too like his thinking, however the realist in me says that it won't happen, especially not without a big sell like VVD to balance the books.

Wouldn't disagree with that.

- Jose certainly needs replacing.

- Same with Van Dijk.

- Mariano looks like he has Mane-esque pace. (& I think Jay is almost nailed-on to go in the summer).

- Clasie, I still would still love to come good struggles too much physically with the English game.

- Cyprien more likely than Sigurdsson. Can't see us spending £25m+ on a 27 year old.

We were linked with Wimmer a while back and I would guess we made enquires in the last window too, but with Vertongen out injured there would be no chance of Spurs letting him leave. He made noises about being unhappy at not getting games. There was a lot talk about him returning to FC Koln. I think he went to watch them and the press were all over it.

Can't believe so many people would willing sell JWP!!!

Think he's been one of our best players this year.

Outs:

Clasie

Martina

Gardos

Jrod

I'd then look at like for like replacements with the possibility of Gallagher filling JRODs spot as I'd feel comfortable with Austin (In the form before his injury), Gabbiadini (in current form) & Long (in current form) alongside Gallagher as our strikers.

Big money should be spent on replacing Gardos & Clasie, if Caceres performs to his potential, then he could be an option to replace Gardos, possibly in addition to a new CB but I think Stephens has proved he is adequate as 4th choice at the very least.

So top midfielder to replace Clasie would be my top priority.

I think the summer will be an interesting one with perhaps a few more exits than most would expect as Puel gets a chance to really build his squad.

I think VVD will stay for one more season and I would expect the following exits;

Stuart Taylor (no surprise)

Targett

Gardos

Reed

Clasie

JRod

Martina

Forster

Ins

Caceres or other quality CB (Fonte replacement)

A youngish CB - Nathan Ake / Rueben Samedo / Terence Kongolo perhaps Gardos replacement and a year to get ready to take over from VVD. This also gives another year for one of the academy to step up to 4th choice, Alfie Jones probably.

A young RB if Valery not ready

A quality CM of the more defensive type - no idea who!

A Striker to replace JRod.

Squad based on 4-2-3-1 general format

GK - McCarthy, Hassan or other. Would love Heaton!

LB - Bertrand, McCarthy

RB - Soares, Valery or new

CB - VVD, Caceres or New, Stephens, Yoshida

CM - Romeu, NEW, JWP, Davis, Hoijberg

Attackers - Boufal, Redmond, Sims, Tadic

Strikers - Gabbiadini, Austin, Long, NEW or maybe Gallagher IF he's has really progressed.

That's a squad of 23 main players leaving a bit of room for a handful of academy to break through

I doubt we'll sign a right-back if Pied recovers.

The question is whether we can shift any of the players making up the numbers. Whilst a lot of people would like to sell various assortments of Forsters, Clasies, JWPs, Jay Rods etc. it might be easier said than done.

The obvious priority area is centre back, where we need a signing regardless.

Second priority, for me anyway, would be addressing the balance of the midfield. Two many similar players and an over-reliance on Romeu. In an ideal world we would sign someone to cover/compliment Romeu and someone with a goal threat about them but we aren't realistically going to do both unless we can shift on one or two of the others.

Other than that, it will depend who leaves I think. Upfront / wide attack, I think it's one-out, one-in, seeing as Gabbiadini looks good.

Outs

Forster

Ins

A young RB if Valery not ready

Squad based on 4-2-3-1 general format

RB - Soares, Valery or new

I'd be surprised if...

- Jeremy Pied isn't the 2nd choice right back next season. He is back doing ball work at the moment.

Plus where are you expecting us to sell Forster? He is on a big wage, under contract until 2021, cost us £10m and his value would now be higher. Which club would need him and would he agree to leave us for? He really isn't remotely as bad as some on this forum make out and I'm happy with him as 1st choice keeper.

I'd be surprised if...

- Jeremy Pied isn't the 2nd choice right back next season. He is back doing ball work at the moment.

Plus where are you expecting us to sell Forster? He is on a big wage, under contract until 2021, cost us £10m and his value would now be higher. Which club would need him and would he agree to leave us for? He really isn't remotely as bad as some on this forum make out and I'm happy with him as 1st choice keeper.

I'm sure Everton would happily take Forster and I'd happily sell him to them. Plenty of better keepers we could sign for the money we'd sell him for.

Can't believe so many people would willing sell JWP!!!

Think he's been one of our best players this year.

Outs:

Clasie

Martina

Gardos

Jrod

I'd then look at like for like replacements with the possibility of Gallagher filling JRODs spot as I'd feel comfortable with Austin (In the form before his injury), Gabbiadini (in current form) & Long (in current form) alongside Gallagher as our strikers.

Big money should be spent on replacing Gardos & Clasie, if Caceres performs to his potential, then he could be an option to replace Gardos, possibly in addition to a new CB but I think Stephens has proved he is adequate as 4th choice at the very least.

So top midfielder to replace Clasie would be my top priority.

You're being sarcastic about Prowse right ?

Would sell both him and Clasie for whatever we could get .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I'd be surprised if...

I did forget about Pied so that's that sorted. Forster may go to Everton, but he's not as good as you think in your stats world.

Hes not even top 10 in the EPL.

Very much so. Not sure where MLG gets his stats from but according to the below, this season for saves (18th), Punches (16th) and High Claims (17th) he is on average 17th best in the PL.

Never been Forster's biggest fan (have always thought he's overrated), however if he is up to his usual standard I'd say he's about our level other than the freak game has once a season.

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/total_keeper_sweeper?po=GOALKEEPER

My "stats world", has him as the 10th best keeper in the Premier League. Is that unreasonable?

Probably not unreasonable but stats are not the important judgement, they are merely indicators and help with comparisons . If your stats have him at 10th best in Premier league that's not good enough for a club which wants to be top 8 or higher and competing in Europe. Surely that's even clear to you on your spreadsheet?