Les does it again

NickG

Just out of interest. If we won the cup, what's the minimum league finish you'd have taken before the season? 11th for me. I'd have said 11th place and a Cup win equals a good season. Anything higher is a bonus. Maybe my glass is half empty though.

I have always said I'd take 17th if we actually won a cup. Finishing in a good league position is all well and nice but really unless you win a league it don't amount to much. Winning a cup final now that's something that lives with you forever.

Bloody centre backs, keeping clean sheets away from home. Useless bar stewards

I'd be inclined to see how they fare against stronger opposition than Sunderland before I relax about our current CB options. Lets hope they cope against all that the Mancs throw at them.

I'd be inclined to see how they fare against stronger opposition than Sunderland before I relax about our current CB options. Lets hope they cope against all that the Mancs throw at them.

True although Defoe has scored 14 goals this season (which I think outstrips any of our players :? ) so keeping him under wraps is no mean feet.

Mane just scored again

A player Les Reed and his team spotted, sold for a fee rising to £38.5m to a significantly richer club.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/27/liverpool-could-end-up-paying-385m-for-sadio-mane/

Then signed another extremely talented player in Sofiane Boufal to replace him.

Isn't that a good thing? I think it is. We are never going to be at the top of the football transfer food chain. Heisenberg you are delusional if you think we ever will.

You also bizarrely think Reed wasn't the key football figure whilst Cortese was at the club. Cortese was not a football man, he hired Reed to make football decisions. Both Liebherr's, Cortese, Reed & all the managers deserve the credit for where we are as a club. Les Reed is a key part of our success, to be demanding he goes is utterly bizarre.

A player Les Reed and his team spotted, sold for a fee rising to £38.5m to a significantly richer club.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/27/liverpool-could-end-up-paying-385m-for-sadio-mane/

Isn't that a good thing? I think it is. We are never going to be at the top of the football transfer food chain. Heisenberg you are delusional if you think we ever will.

You also bizarrely think Reed wasn't the key football figure whilst Cortese was at the club. Cortese was not a football man, he hired Reed to make football decisions. Both Liebherr's, Cortese, Reed & all the managers deserve the credit for where we are as a club. Les Reed is a key part of our success, to be demanding he goes is utterly bizarre.

We are just going to go round in circles and will just need to respect each others opinions and move on.

You rate Reed, I dont. Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. No dramas....

Biggest issue for me is ambition and honesty - Reed has very little of each in my opinion.

Under Cortese we lost AOC and Puncheon

Under Reed we've lost Mopo, Koeman, Shaw, Lallana, Lovren, Chambers, Lambert, Morgan, Clyne, Alderweireld, Mane, Pelle, Big Vic and Fonte (VVD n Bertrand will likely leave this summer) thats a lot of talent to lose in a short reign.

I think we will go backwards if Reed remains.

Sorry but Koeman told them to sign him, he was on koemans list of potential players when he came here as he saw him in action in a friendly against Bayern Munich, koeman I believe was a guest commentator for some Dutch Tv channel. I also feel that mane was worth a lot more money than what he went for same goes for Lallana.

Can't help but think it's a little premature to be saying Les has done it again after our first win in quite some Time.

That's this place all over after we lose we get a whole load of drivel about the club being **** when we win the whole thing swings the other and everything is amazing. Heaven forbid people maybe look at things objectively and actually admit Les/the board/ the club can do some things right as well as ****ing stuff up sometimes and credit were credits due the new striker looks like a good bit of business so far.

Still I can't talk it's Saturday night and I've got nothing better to do than come on here and watch the daily flame war :mcinnes:....now where did I put that oil.

Sorry but Koeman told them to sign him, he was on koemans list of potential players when he came here as he saw him in action in a friendly against Bayern Munich, koeman I believe was a guest commentator for some Dutch Tv channel. I also feel that mane was worth a lot more money than what he went for same goes for Lallana.

Even if that was true, who recruited Koeman?

I have enjoyed how the anti-Lesbians on this forum have slowly formed a new mythology that Ronald Koeman was some kind of anti-Reed sleeper cell and everything he achieved was entirely in spite of the director of football so is disregarded from the Les Reed achievements list. So that's okay then. Yep, it's only ever when things go badly that it ever has anything to do with Les Reed.

God help these loons if we win the league cup and rally to a respectable finish in May. The logical gymnastics have been a sight to behold in recent weeks, but if those things do happen they'll be twisting and stretching like Dhalsim in Street Fighter 2.

Edited by CB Fry

He was on both lists; Koeman's before he arrived & the club were also already monitoring Mane before Koeman was appointed. Koeman even stated this in an interview.

I have enjoyed how the anti-Lesbians on this forum have slowly formed a new mythology that Ronald Koeman was some kind of anti-Reed sleeper cell and everything he achieved was entirely in spite of the director of football so is disregarded from the Les Reed achievements list. So that's okay then. Yep, it's only ever when things go badly that it ever has anything to do with Les Reed.

God help these loons if we win the league cup and rally to a respectable finish in May. The logical gymnastics have been a sight to behold in recent weeks, but if that happens they'll be twisting and stretching like Dhalsim in Street Fighter 2.

:lol:

We are just going to go round in circles and will just need to respect each others opinions and move on.

You rate Reed, I dont. Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. No dramas....

Biggest issue for me is ambition and honesty - Reed has very little of each in my opinion.

Under Cortese we lost AOC and Puncheon

Under Reed we've lost Mopo, Koeman, Shaw, Lallana, Lovren, Chambers, Lambert, Morgan, Clyne, Alderweireld, Mane, Pelle, Big Vic and Fonte (VVD n Bertrand will likely leave this summer) thats a lot of talent to lose in a short reign.

I think we will go backwards if Reed remains.

Yet again you fail to concede the point when I point out to you that Cortese appointed Reed in 2010 to make football decisions. Cortese was not a football man, he delegated tasks to people who were experts in the departments of the business he was running. Reed has been making football decisions since 2010 at the club, Cortese relied heavily on him given Cortese had no real football experience.

Talking about players that left under Cortese and then after Cortese left is daft. We have a significantly smaller income than the clubs that bought our best players... Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd & Spurs. It simply is not viable that the club can keep players that are good enough for & wanted by some of the richest clubs in the world. Your argument is a complete red herring and completely irrelevant. If Cortese somehow hadn't fallen out with Liebherr he wouldn't have been able to keep those players either, the club doesn't have the income needed to do so.

All these thing are pointed out to you time after time. Yet you conveniently forget the rebuttals to your nonsense and trot out the same nonsense time after time. You likely will raise the same nonsense you've posted today in a few weeks.

He was on both lists; Koeman's before he arrived & the club were also already monitoring Mane before Koeman was appointed. Koeman even stated this in an interview.

Ah ok, I stand corrected, I only heard from a good friend that Mane's name was on koemans list before we bought him ( I was delighted as I had heard of him before and thought he was a good player), if he was on the "black box" then cool beanz :)

If Cortese somehow hadn't fallen out with Liebherr he wouldn't have been able to keep those players either

Cortese managed to keep top players even when we were in league 1 and the championship.

Players were happy while cortese was here, hence why they left only after he left....and sharpish after he left too

If cortese had stayed we'd be in more debt i dont doubt that (all clubs have debt) but wed also be seriously challenging the top 6 now and wouldn't have the same respect for the "top clubs" like Les does.

Cortese managed to keep top players even when we were in league 1 and the championship.

Players were happy while cortese was here, hence why they left only after he left....and sharpish after he left too

If cortese had stayed we'd be in more debt i dont doubt that (all clubs have debt) but wed also be seriously challenging the top 6 now and wouldn't have the same respect for the "top clubs" like Les does.

He's never coming back sweetheart. He's never coming back.

I do wish every result wasn't followed by a whopping amount of "I told you so" posts and threads, whichever way it may be.

There's no denying Les Reed has put a lot of good things in place, deserves recognition for our recent continued success, and yes, has put a system in place that has allowed us to unearth some great players. However, if he misses an opportunity in one area (e.g. centre back) but delivers in another, it doesn't render any criticism of the former suddenly incoherent or incorrect.

All these thing are pointed out to you time after time. Yet you conveniently forget the rebuttals to your nonsense and trot out the same nonsense time after time. You likely will raise the same nonsense you've posted today in a few weeks.

To save you the time and effort, the guy talks absolute horseshyte, we all know that, I don't know why you bother to try to reason.

If we lose the cup final because of the centre backs he has still ****ed up.

Mate, if we lose another game, no matter what it is, there are people out there ready to whip him for it.

To keep it brief, I believe he has made many, many more good decisions than bad ones during his tenure.

Yet again you fail to concede the point when I point out to you that Cortese appointed Reed in 2010 to make football decisions. Cortese was not a football man, he delegated tasks to people who were experts in the departments of the business he was running. Reed has been making football decisions since 2010 at the club, Cortese relied heavily on him given Cortese had no real football experience.

Talking about players that left under Cortese and then after Cortese left is daft. We have a significantly smaller income than the clubs that bought our best players... Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd & Spurs. It simply is not viable that the club can keep players that are good enough for & wanted by some of the richest clubs in the world. Your argument is a complete red herring and completely irrelevant. If Cortese somehow hadn't fallen out with Liebherr he wouldn't have been able to keep those players either, the club doesn't have the income needed to do so.

Indeed, why is it allowed to happen, surely the repeat posting cannot be allowed to continue, isn't it trolling in most obvious form?

Shut up you freaking idiot. Clubs came in for one player - AOC.

Guess what Cortesse sold him. The one and only player that the top clubs were interested in and .....BANG he was gone.

Oh and by the way he didn't get on with Lambert, so agreed to sell him to West Ham - Katrina pulled the plug on the deal. - I am not even close to being in the know, but that's what cam out of a conversation with his (Lamberts) old man in a bar in New York.

You are sooooo full of sh!te it's funny ..... please keep going.

I do wish every result wasn't followed by a whopping amount of "I told you so" posts and threads, whichever way it may be.

There's no denying Les Reed has put a lot of good things in place, deserves recognition for our recent continued success, and yes, has put a system in place that has allowed us to unearth some great players. However, if he misses an opportunity in one area (e.g. centre back) but delivers in another, it doesn't render any criticism of the former suddenly incoherent or incorrect.

Agreed.

Which higher bids did we turn down for Mané and Lallana?

Not having a CB yet can still cost us in the league standings and prevent a thrashing at Wembley, yesterdays win now means we only need 8-10 points from 13 games to stay up so I do not think we will go down, but I would like to see us finish close to the top 8 as that is where we have been the last 3-4 years. if Les addressed the CB situation in Jan I would feel more confident of a win at Wembley and finish top 10.

But if we do finish top 10 and win or give a very good account of ourselves at wembley and we see development in Stephens then yes it would be a good season for Les and us.

God help these loons if we win the league cup and rally to a respectable finish in May. The logical gymnastics have been a sight to behold in recent weeks, but if those things do happen they'll be twisting and stretching like Dhalsim in Street Fighter 2.

I agree with Heisenberg's viewpoint. I also am not anti-Lesbian.

Is that why Morgan wanted to leave January 2013 after interest from Serie A and Cortese promised he could leave summer 2014 for £10m, if he signed a new contract on more money?

But, you know, whatever fits your agenda.

Is that why Morgan wanted to leave January 2013 after interest from Serie A and Cortese promised he could leave summer 2014 for £10m, if he signed a new contract on more money?

But, you know, whatever fits your agenda.

Precisely. The famous Morgan outrage tweet was entirely because the Italian had already capitulated to the player and bigger clubs and already agreed to sell him. It was the new regime that had the balls to say no.

Cash-in Cortese had already flogged the Ox, was flogging Lambert against his will and had sold Morgan before anyone had really bid. No evidence to suggest the sell sell sell mentality wouldn't have continued.

If we lose the cup final because of the centre backs he has still ****ed up.

I can ***** with the best of them but the final is a one off game anything can happen we're there and if we for some strange reason don't win I'd hope we wouldn't be pointing fingers at who's fault it was we lost it !

I can ***** with the best of them but the final is a one off game anything can happen we're there and if we for some strange reason don't win I'd hope we wouldn't be pointing fingers at who's fault it was we lost it !

Don't be stupid, there's no chance of a no fault defeat on here . It'll be Les, Puel or Blacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Precisely. The famous Morgan outrage tweet was entirely because the Italian had already capitulated to the player and bigger clubs and already agreed to sell him. It was the new regime that had the balls to say no.

Cash-in Cortese had already flogged the Ox, was flogging Lambert against his will and had sold Morgan before anyone had really bid. No evidence to suggest the sell sell sell mentality wouldn't have continued.

The whole tantrum was because he had what he thought was a gentleman's agreement that he could go, but Les is definitely the one who made him leave. Les even got 250% more than that initial £10m, what a foolish thing to do :rolleyes: