How much do you hate Man Utd and their fans?

chocco boxo

My dislike for them and their fans has got less over the last few years but Mourinhio (sp) is starting to ramp it up again. As a young kid loved George Best and Bobby Charlton and Old Trafford definitely as a youngster seemed to have a certain amount of glamour about it.

Went to Wembley in 76' aged 11 , can remember my Dad and Uncle getting serious abuse from a Man Utd fan after Bobby had popped that 'offside' goal in! That was when I started to dislike them as a team and their fans even more. Having worked over the South East and London for years , I have been unlucky enough to have met loads of arrogant , one sided Man U fans, many who have hardly ever seen their team and live off the fact their Dad comes from Manchester etc. Also living in Southampton there are many plastic Mancs who have made me dislike them over the years. Roy Keanes thumbs down a few years back also again made me realise how much I disliked them. However the last few years Liverpool have kind of stolen a march on them for being my most disliked team. Mourinhio is such an arrogant tosser how good it would be for Gentleman Puel to lead Saints to victory in 2 weeks! The thought of them visiting St Mary's after dicking us at Wembley is something that would be unbearable.

I don't like tbeir glory hunter fans who live miles away from Manchester and arrogantly bang on about how great they are despite never having set foot inside Old Trafford. On the flip side their travelling support is way up there with the best in the country and should always command respect for the noise they make and variety of songs.

As a club, well they are massive, relentless brand who have become a plaything and a cash cow for their American owners. I'd hate it if we were run in the same way, yet no one would turn down their success and trophy haul.

Mourinho is a bit irritating at times but he also makes me laugh, and I'm sure he's taking the **** half the time for his own amusement.

Don't hate ManU, not even when they sent us down in 2005 - we were inept and they applied the final blow.

Don't like Everton, mainly due to 84 and the fact they had the hex on us for years after. Also don't particularly like Leeds due to their fans.

Other than that none, not even Portsmouth, feel more sorry for them TBH.

Other than Mourinho who I've never liked, and their arrogant plastic fans who come from anywhere but Manchester I don't really hate them at all. All of the big clubs attract the glory hunting fans though so they are not unique. On the flip side, as mentioned their away support is the best in the country.

I have far more dislike for Liverpool and Spurs and a few others.

Having lived here for over 20 years (more than half my life) I have grown not to hate them :-)

I always liked the history and the great teams they developed. The heritage and honours they have gained is unrivalled.

The obvious dislike comes from the plastics but United have always had that mass following. From the influx of Irish immigrants to the cockney reds firm. They have attracted fans far wider than the confines of the M60.

It should never cloud the fact that it is a religion in this city. Both clubs are massively supported here by fair-minded, in my experience, supporters.

None of the above affects my desire to beat them as when we do it will always be massively against the odds. They will always have a more talented team than us.

Up the Saints!

Edit: forgot to mention the teams I do dislike:

Portsmouth - because they have this built-up hatred of anything that originates from Southampton and they're not even sure why = thick c*nts.

Spurs - they are some of the worst, arrogant, confrontational fans I have ever experienced. Horrible club with horrible fans.

Edited by jasonb

Don't dislike Utd as a club, think a lot of people jealous of their success in the last 25 years.

The thing that gets me is the fans ...if I start talking football with a 'Utd' fan and they don't know who Paul Parker is - I always pretty much try and find someone else for a decent football conversation...! :)

Last Utd fan I spoke to didn't even know who Kanchelskis is. Walk away time.

One of the many good memories of 76 was driving back along the M3 (much shorter length of motorway then) and seeing the 'South Coast Manchester Utd Supporters' coach broken down on the side of the road with a lot of forlorn looking Utd supporters standing around and having to put up with joyous Saints fans gesticulating and offering friendly advice on their way home.

Funny how as a kid growing up in the 90s they were my most hated team, pretty much because they won everything, and at that stage I'd never experienced having our true rivals anywhere near the top table.

However, they are now one of my 'favourite', though I use that term loosely, of the top sides, because a) they're not Liverpool or Tottenham, b) maybe the nostalgia in me now misses Man Utd not challenging for the title, c) at least they are a genuinely big club and haven't rocketed up the standings purely on the back of an owner prepared to give them unlimited money (yes I know they spend as much as the others now, but they didn't use the money to go from nobodies to title challengers).

The manager of a side usually influences how much I like a team in a temporary period, and undoubtedly Mourinho makes me like them less, but I think the previous factors still play more of a part.

Hate liverpool..probably due to the eighties etc and recent events have probably made it worse. The media love in with the. Is unbearable.

Pompey (obviously)

Apart from that I find the fans of London clubs the worst. "Only come to see xxxxxx" songs every 10 minutes, and full of self importance.

Never really thought much of Man U either way..loads of plastic fans who sort of follow them when they are winning. One fan once said to me they wished they supported a club like Watford as it's more of a club eg when you meet another fan, unlike their fans who are often apathetic outside of the result of the last game (probably due to the number of plastics).

There are two types of Utd fan. There is the type you see in their away support, which is consistently excellent. I don't dislike these at all. Then the is the type who could barely pinpoint Manchester on a map and became a fan because of the name/brand. I dislike these a lot.

As for the club itself, I've no reason to dislike them. Always take great pleasure in beating them, though.

I don't hate Man Utd.

Plastic fans of any club only ever deserve scorn. They're just following success (funny how many Chelsea 'fans' appeared when they started winning a lot). Here's a classic example:

In the early 90s I taught a kid who supported Liverpool. Then Blackburn won the PL. Suddenly he came back to school declaring he was a Blackburn fan. I think I asked him most weeks which team he was supporting now (especially if his 'previous' team had lost).

The only club I actively dislike (and properly wish them relegation every year then go out of business) is Brighton & Hove Albion. It's a historical thing, you understand.

Having lived here for over 20 years (more than half my life) I have grown not to hate them :-)

I always liked the history and the great teams they developed. The heritage and honours they have gained is unrivalled.

The obvious dislike comes from the plastics but United have always had that mass following. From the influx of Irish immigrants to the cockney reds firm. They have attracted fans far wider than the confines of the M60.

It should never cloud the fact that it is a religion in this city. Both clubs are massively supported here by fair-minded, in my experience, supporters.

None of the above affects my desire to beat them as when we do it will always be massively against the odds. They will always have a more talented team than us.

Up the Saints!

Edit: forgot to mention the teams I do dislike:

Portsmouth - because they have this built-up hatred of anything that originates from Southampton and they're not even sure why = thick c*nts.

Spurs - they are some of the worst, arrogant, confrontational fans I have ever experienced. Horrible club with horrible fans.

I'm with you on this Jason. P**p*y and Spurs are the only two I despise, the former for obvious reasons (all salacious details given in THE thread over on the lounge), and the latter for their arrogant ripping us off over the years.

Man Utd and Liverpool are genuinely massive clubs with silverware to match, so I have (jealous) respect for them. When you have a massive fan base there is always going be a subset of wankers. The only time I disliked Liverpool was when Brenda was there, but since they sacked him all is fine again.

Nope no hate from me. Anyone hating them would be bitter/jealous of their success and that would mainly be it.

Think they are no longer beginning to feel like a football club but a brand/empire built up.

The amount of commercial deals they have is mental.

If theres any teams I hate, it would be Everton, Spurs, Liverpool and Portsmouth. WHU and Brighton along with Leeds in the second tier of clubs I dislike.

Otherwise indifferent about everyone else.

They are the equivalent Ferrari F1 Team in football, and as such, there's much to dislike:

Arrogant fans (the plastics)

Arrogant managers over the years - Docherty, Fergie, Van Gaal, and now Jose to name a few.

Arrogant club persona

Arrogant players - Keane, Keane and Keane!

Expect and get helping hands form referees and the system in general - e.g. Fergie time, many dodgy pens, allowed to miss the FA Cup to promote pathetic, grandiose flop the Club World Cup.

Red

Won loads

Massive sense of entitlement in club and fans.

Think they are bigger and more special than everyone else and even the game itself sometimes; think the game relies on their presence and so will die if they disappeared.

Their years in the doldrums after the Fergie era has dulled my dislike though - but I am not feeling sorry for them yet!

I'm not bothered by Man U but any supporter who has an "I'm better than you because my team is bigger and has won more things" attitude really gets my goat. Also I can only find the energy to hate one team at a time and right now it's still Everton following their supporters' delusional gloating during the Koeman debacle last summer.

Agree like Klopp and also Bilic bit never want either side to win

Got mugged by four Utd fans at knifepoint at the cup final in 76... I don't 'hate' them ....

I have a slight dislike of Liverpool fans going on and on about our ex players and how they can't cope witnout them yet we are supposed to just suck it up! Makes me wonder if they are a bit - well - you know .... :-)

The only fans I hate are the plastics who bang on about 'their' team, the arrogant pr!cks who think every other team should automatically make their players available to be sold, the same ones who think that finishing below 6th is a major disaster.

I'm reminded of that complete bellend interviewed outside St Mary's after Man U beat us claiming the city belonged to them in his broad Southampton accent.

Never understood the hatred for United and to me has always come across as fairly bitter and jealous. Their away support (generally the true support) is bay far the best in the country.

I generally feel sorry for the non local / non affiliated united 'supporters' as they don't get to experience football as you or I do.. The passion and how the weekends result can affect your week/weekend.

Personally, I've never understood how anyone can support a team in which they have no affiliation to (i.e family links to the city / club ect...), but perhaps that just comes from being born and bread in Southampton and attending games since I was 2.

As for clubs I hate, I generally only hate Pompey (everything about them, their fans and their city. I probably hate Portsmouth (as a whole) as much as I love saints, sad I know), Liverpool and Everton (don't like the city Liverpool or the people from there).

I have a strong dislike for West Ham, Bmouth (only recently), Tottenham and Brighton.