Top earning player at every PL club

doddisalegend

To be honest I'm never really sure how accurate these things are but

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/which-player-earns-the-most-at-each-premier-league-club/ss-AAmO6go?ocid=spartandhp#image=1

I give you Saints top earner at 90K a week

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/which-player-earns-the-most-at-each-premier-league-club/ss-AAmO6go?ocid=spartandhp#image=14

interesting as well that Everton's top earner is Lukaku on 75K a week (about to go up in his new contract I'm sure) which says to me Morgan had to take a pay cut to join Everton something people said he wouldn't do.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/which-player-earns-the-most-at-each-premier-league-club/ss-AAmO6go?ocid=spartandhp#image=7

Edited by doddisalegend

People have very short memories, Forster has been excellent both before his injury and after his return last season.

Still surprised its not van dijk who must be very close in terms of wages.

On the whole the main thing i noticed from the list is fact that many other clubs were paying less. The likes of everton must have a very broad base of high wages compared to us if Lukaku is really only on 75k

That or the numbers are completely made up.

People have very short memories, Forster has been excellent both before his injury and after his return last season.

Still surprised its not van dijk who must be very close in terms of wages.

On the whole the main thing i noticed from the list is fact that many other clubs were paying less. The likes of everton must have a very broad base of high wages compared to us if Lukaku is really only on 75k

That or the numbers are completely made up.

No, Forster has been well protected until this season... now his frailties are completely evident since we're defensively weaker.

It's no secret as to why we kept so many clean sheets - superb defensive screening. With the exception of Arsenal away (twice) and a few other games, he's rarely called into action - god forbid he actually be a busy keeper like Heaton or we'd probably have shipped 10-20 goals extra.

If you look at the seasons in which he received excellent defensive shielding, we're one of the teams with highest interceptions, blocks and least shots on target - that's not a mistake, that's because we had the likes of Lovren, Fonte, Alderweireld, van Dijk, Wanyama, Schniederlin and latterly, Romeu (doing it on his own).

The bottom line is he's not a great goalkeeper; his kicking is poor, he's never, ever commanded his box with any sort of confidence or authority and is very cumbersome and slow at getting down to shots. He's capable of the odd worldy game - but so is every, single f()cking keeper in the world; that doesn't make him any good cos he plays well every once in a while - though this seems to stick in peoples minds more than all his poor attributes.

No, Forster has been well protected until this season... now his frailties are completely evident since we're defensively weaker.

It's no secret as to why we kept so many clean sheets - superb defensive screening. With the exception of Arsenal away (twice) and a few other games, he's rarely called into action - god forbid he actually be a busy keeper like Heaton or we'd probably have shipped 10-20 goals extra.

If you look at the seasons in which he received excellent defensive shielding, we're one of the teams with highest interceptions, blocks and least shots on target - that's not a mistake, that's because we had the likes of Lovren, Fonte, Alderweireld, van Dijk, Wanyama, Schniederlin and latterly, Romeu (doing it on his own).

The bottom line is he's not a great goalkeeper; his kicking is poor, he's never, ever commanded his box with any sort of confidence or authority and is very cumbersome and slow at getting down to shots. He's capable of the odd worldy game - but so is every, single f()cking keeper in the world; that doesn't make him any good cos he plays well every once in a while - though this seems to stick in peoples minds more than all his poor attributes.

He's a very good keeper, maybe not a great but if he was a great he'd be playing at a champions league club. His kicking is generally good despite the howler earlier this season. I've never really seen him as particularly slow or cumbersome even if someone that big isn't going to be a cat but equally that size means he stops shots other keepers wouldn't.

He doesn't like to come out and sweep his area but that's not the same as commanding the area. He certainly comes out and catches and punches well.

Last season Stek was average and Forster's return was very welcome despite your so called shielding.

Plenty of other premier league clubs would be very happy with him as their keeper despite his short term dip in form.

I'd be amazed if Boufal isn't our highest earner with VVD in second and then followed by Gabbiadini.

Gabbiadini is on somthing around £40k I believe (I was shocked when I heard this).

VVD will be are highest earner.

Not sure i trust a site that can't even tell that 3.75 is higher than 3.2. Somebody should also tell them that Toby doesn't play for us anymore...

Djuricic was on £5m. Don't think so

Why are we still paying Kelvin as well.

The site is clearly complete bollix, probably taken from FIFA17 or some such.

If this is true it's ridiculous, think of the quality of keeper you could get on that or less and the players we've let go because we didn't match their wage demands... :mcinnes:

If it is true and he's not getting a load of stick from the coaching staff for his form it's outrageous.