Europa League

spyinthesky

Whilst, like most supporters, I was disappointed not to have progressed into the knockout stages, I wonder if our often abject performances turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

The prospect of more injuries to our already depleted squad and the likelihood of playing away in Turkey the Thursday before the League Cup Final would not have been great preparation and an even bigger drain on the wallets of die hard fans.

I wonder how Leicester fans view their forthcoming European ties? I would assume most of them would not trade their success of last year (and indeed in Europe this year) against safety from relegation this season.

Whilst, like most supporters, I was disappointed not to have progressed into the knockout stages, I wonder if our often abject performances turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

The prospect of more injuries to our already depleted squad and the likelihood of playing away in Turkey the Thursday before the League Cup Final would not have been great preparation and an even bigger drain on the wallets of die hard fans.

I wonder how Leicester fans view their forthcoming European ties? I would assume most of them would not trade their success of last year (and indeed in Europe this year) against safety from relegation this season.

This season is back to what they would normally expect.

Last season was a one off never ever to be repeated shock .... ..... there is absolutely no way any sane Leicester supporter would trade in Last season's acheivements, Champs League adventure and sheer joy for mid table safety this season FFS

I guess tonight's results put our disappointing Europa league performances into some sort of perspective

Sparta Prague lost 4-0 at Rostov and Be'er Sheva lost 3-1 at home in their 1st leg ties

Absolutely make any variation on the theme of needing one goal to progress, but finishing behind those two teams is absolutely shocking. It contributed to costing the Inter manager his job!

I guess tonight's results put our disappointing Europa league performances into some sort of perspective

Sparta Prague lost 4-0 at Rostov and Be'er Sheva lost 3-1 at home in their 1st leg ties

Was the easiest of easy groups and has killed any excitement should we get there again.

Was absolutely gutting watching some of our performances.

A league cup final win will go some way to make up for it mind you :)

I really wish I didn't know that information. Gah.

To think that could have been us getting gubbed 1-3 at home tonight instead.

We were dross in Europe. Again. Completely embarrassed ourselves not getting out of that group. Proven by the thrashings of Hapoel and Sparta today. Have no idea what Puel's brief was on the Europa League and still have no idea who carries the can for it, but as a fan I was, and still am, mightily annoyed by the pathetic displays and early elimination. For us, European qualification is a big deal and we really should have had a proper go. Swansea and Fulham both put us to shame.

If you really believe that then I guess you must be a new generation Premier League fan.

I guess you must have misread what he wrote.

To be fair I probably could have written it better.

To clarify what I was trying to say was that, if given the choice at the start of last season, most Leicester fans would have happily accepted the chance to win the premiership and compete well (so far) in Europe if this meant the possibility of relegation this season .

Hope this makes better sense as I definitely not a new generation of premier league fan,

I was at the Dell when Len Wilkins played his last game before retiring to live in Canada. (bet very few on here remember Len Wilkins!!)

Ok, maybe i havent read it right either, or replied properly.

Basically, I would have thought most proper Leicester fans would have taken a **** season for a good crack at the CL, personally i would take a final chance and relegation and that is what separates the PL fans and the real fans, real fans do not say ' would rather stay in the PL than win the CL', IMHO anyway.

I really wish I didn't know that information. Gah.

To think that could have been us getting gubbed 1-3 at home tonight instead.

Tbf Sparta lost 3-0 at St Mary's so 4-0 is Rostov isn't much of a reach... IIRC Be'er Sheva just lost to Besiktas, I remember the relief when we didn't draw them. They narrowly dropped out of the CL with Napoli and Benfica going through so probably one of the better sides left in the thing.

I'm more annoyed at St Etienne rolling over and losing 3-0 at Old Trafford because of the effect it has on the side Man U will probably put out in France 3 days before the EFL Cup Final.

Tbf Sparta lost 3-0 at St Mary's so 4-0 is Rostov isn't much of a reach... IIRC Be'er Sheva just lost to Besiktas, I remember the relief when we didn't draw them. They narrowly dropped out of the CL with Napoli and Benfica going through so probably one of the better sides left in the thing.

I'm more annoyed at St Etienne rolling over and losing 3-0 at Old Trafford because of the effect it has on the side Man U will probably put out in France 3 days before the EFL Cup Final.

They didn't roll over. They outplayed Utd for long periods, but had similar finishing to us in Prague and Milan.

Utd's first goal was a pi ss poor free kick, that was deflected and shouldn't have been given in the first place and the 3rd was never a penalty either.

They didn't roll over. They outplayed Utd for long periods, but had similar finishing to us in Prague and Milan.

Utd's first goal was a pi ss poor free kick, that was deflected and shouldn't have been given in the first place and the 3rd was never a penalty either.

I watched the second half, once they conceded the second having nearly equalised they completely folded.

I watched the second half, once they conceded the second having nearly equalised they completely folded.

Completed folded in such a way that the goal they conceeded from there was Ibrahimovic tripping himself to gift United a penalty. And that is having dived to earn the free kick for the first goal.

What worries me is a similar performance from Zlatan at Wembley. The media will continue to fawn over the complete professional, when Wednesday showed him up as no more than a cheat. Shame as he's a very talented player, but I lost a lot of respect for him after that performance.

If you really believe that then I guess you must be a new generation Premier League fan.

I can't believe any true Southampton fan wouldn't happily take relegation, after the sheer joy of winning the league. Winning the league is a joy that lasts for ever( as any poopey fan will tell you, even though none actually remember it!) Just treading water in the Premier League isn't all its cracked up to be.

Completed folded in such a way that the goal they conceeded from there was Ibrahimovic tripping himself to gift United a penalty. And that is having dived to earn the free kick for the first goal..

They got utterly hammered for the last 25 minutes. Folded.