Cup final match day 18

Avenue_Saint

I know we beat Sunderland 4-0, but United are a completely different class. I sincerely hope we don't start Davis in DM and JWP wide right.

Same here. You do not want Davis up against Pogba and co in midfield. Will simply get brushed aside.

In the new 4-3-2-1, you get defensive shield from two sitting midfielders. You have Tadic in number 1 as he plays for Serbia, hopefully utilising his all his talents and pulling strings behind intelligent runs of Gabba.

Boufal is a magician with ball at feat and would play him on left. So not to be over reliant on Tadic and have a multi pronged attack.

You then have Redmond's pace on right to stretch it and provide a threat on counter.

With Romeu and Hojbjerg protecting, you have the fullbacks providing width coming forward.

You have right there the tools to beat a no longer unshakable Utd defence.

I think with our current talent, it's screaming out for it.

Forster

Soares-Stephens-Yoshi-Bertrand

Rom-Hoj

Redmond-Tadic-Boufal

Gabba

Game on!

Same here. You do not want Davis up against Pogba and co in midfield. Will simply get brushed aside.

In the new 4-2-3-1, you get defensive shield from the two sitting midfielders. You have Tadic in number 1 as he plays for Serbia, hopefully utilising all his talents and pulling strings behind intelligent runs of Gabba.

Boufal is a magician with ball at feat and would play him on left. So not to be over reliant on Tadic and have a multi pronged attack.

You then have Redmond's pace on right to stretch it and provide a threat on counter.

With Romeu and Hojbjerg protecting, you have the fullbacks providing width coming forward.

You have right there the tools to beat a no longer unshakable Utd defence.

I think with our current talent, it's screaming out for it.

Forster

Soares-Stephens-Yoshi-Bertrand

Rom-Hoj

Redmond-Tadic-Boufal

Gabba

Game on!

Davis will play and will captain the team (unless injured). Whether he plays DM alongside Romeu or in a more advanced role is another matter. If he plays DM he will not get "brushed aside".

Davis will play and will captain the team (unless injured). Whether he plays DM alongside Romeu or in a more advanced role is another matter. If he plays DM he will not get "brushed aside".

I am a huge, huge fan of his. But whenever he has played DM against a side that is decent or better, he has been an absolute liability. Dwells on the ball too much for that area of the pitch.

Easy solution is to stick him wide right and put Hojberg or Clasie in DM alongside Romeu.

Who else drops out? Jrod at a push is the only one for me, but that would probably be the tipping point for him and send him on strike.

Hmmmm. Don't get me wrong I don't want Rodriguez to be unhappy, but Sims is more of a threat and also played a key role in getting to the final. Also, when a player who isn't playing anyway goes on strike, I'm not sure who loses out other than the player themselves...

"Sorry Jay, you haven't made the squad"

"Right, that's it! I'm not playing!"

"Correct."

Given 4-2-3-1 worked so well in the last game after a poor run, I think Puel will stick with it. At times when defending it'll look like a 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1, with Ward-Prowse, Redmond & Tadic dropping deeper.

Forster

Cedric    Caceres   Yoshida   Bertrand

Romeu  Davis

Ward-Prowse     Tadic      Redmond

Gabbiadini

Subs:

Hassen

Stephens

McQueen

Hojbjerg

Clasie or Boufal

Rodriguez

Long

I can't see Sims getting a place over a more experienced senior player if they are fit.

I know Caceres hasn't played a game for a year, but think he may still start depending on how he looks in training. May seem harsh on Stephens, but Caceres does add significant experience in a potentially vulnerable position.

I see Harry Lewis is in for the under 23's today, I hope his confidence is not shattered after the Arsenal game and two new keepers signed, one slightly older on loan and a younger one from Yeovil. I think the FA Cup game could have shattered a few like Isgrove who failed a medical at Bristol City, did we send him unfit or didn't our fantastic medical team know he wasn't fit.

I have to say that the squad for the final looks strong, shame about Virgil.

one nil 83 min

now why do i remember those scores and time

Unfortunately if that's the scoreline we'll have ten minutes of Ibrahimovic and Fellaini headers to deal with. Manure resort to chucking the tall boys up front if they need to.

:mcinnes:

He was effortlessly brushed aside at Old Trafford. He'll be ruthlessly exposed against United. Our best bet is to bypass the midfield and play on the break.

Well I would find this interesting

Forster

---Caceres Stephens Yoshida---

Cedric-------------Bertrand

Romeu Hojbjerg

Boufal Gabbiadini Tadic

Chelsea style haha.

Or

Forster

Cedric Yoshida Caceres Bertrand

Romeu

Hojbjerg Davis