Cup Final Travel

Golactico

Much as I'd love a few beers, the trains being a potential nightmare on the day of the final are making me seriously consider driving up. Usually for a trip to London I'll park in the multistorey at Richmond and get the tube from there. Anyone got any other ideas that avoid going too central?

Much as I'd love a few beers, the trains being a potential nightmare on the day of the final are making me seriously consider driving up. Usually for a trip to London I'll park in the multistorey at Richmond and get the tube from there. Anyone got any other ideas that avoid going too central?

Park at Denham (just by the M25/M40 Junction) and get the overground to Wembley stadium. Takes 15 minutes

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I am going for the carnage on the train. First train out of Central, don't care if I can't get back if we win, if we lose then I'll worry about that then.

South West Trains have put on 2 extra trains to help get everybody up to London before game at 10.50 and 11.50, these will comprise of 12 coaches and only stoppping at Parkway, Eastliegh and WInchester on way up to Waterloo

https://twitter.com/SaintsfcCop?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

altogether 9 trains up to London between 8.55 and 11.55

Also 2 extra trains coming back at 20.50 and 21.50 with same stop off points

The easy part ...... !! Emirates Airlines A380 Dubai to Heathrow 3am departure straight after work,land 7am.

Getting from Heathrow to friends house in Watford to drop off suitcase etc, short distance if I was going by crow, but by Public Transport a bit of a nightmare!!

Apparently ok from Watford to Wembley though!!

The easy part ...... !! Emirates Airlines A380 Dubai to Heathrow 3am departure straight after work,land 7am.

Getting from Heathrow to friends house in Watford to drop off suitcase etc, short distance if I was going by crow, but by Public Transport a bit of a nightmare!!

My brother is coming over from France on Eurostar, will be up at 5am (4am UK time) to get down to Anguoleme for 6.30 train to Paris, then Eurostar to ST Pancras due in 12.40, straight to pub to pick up ticket from me and then onto Wembley, couple of nights back in Salisbury then Eurostar back to his home in France

Did that train journey for the 2010 JPT (although we wimped out and landed a few days earlier before travelling up to friends at Watford). Train was really quick and simple. Of course we were sharing the train with a bunch of Carslisle fans which I am guessing might be a lot more pleasant than sharing with a bunch of Utd fans! :)

If I was coming up from Southampton I'd try the first train or failing that one of the unofficial coaches (I've put my nephew on the one ScottishSaint79 posted).

Luckily for me it's a relatively local one and it'll be a quick tube to Baker Street to join the fun then another up to Wembley, what happens after that depends on the result!

Will train from fleet..guess the Basingstoke trains will be ranked as well! Going to be a squeeze!

I'm travelling in from Aldershot, so hoping trains on the Alton branch line will be quieter. Might be another option for people in the Fleet/F'boro area.

I was thinking of going on the Southampton Branch of Manchester united fans club coach..... it gets there quicker as they wont stop at Fleet lol

Is Mike Thomas still running that?

I went up with them in November 1977 ahead of a week long work course in Manchester and went up a friend who was a plastic Manc. When Thomas came up to get my fare, he asked which end was I going in?

"I dunno. What's the away end at Oldham called?"

He wasn't impressed.

Driving from Portsmouth with my old man, haven't got the foggiest to park, I've only ever parked at Wembley itself. Might park at Denham as suggested.

Appreciate any recommendations.

Thats where I always park for events at Wembley. only 15 minutes on the train and really well organised afterwards at the Stadium station

Anyone travelling by train with any savvy should get their missus to drive them/ get a taxi to Botley (or if want to save 5 minutes in the car/ 3 min on the train, Hedge End). Trains will be way quieter and don't take much longer. The lack of trains before Central means getting into that place will be like Millbronx Tesco on Black Friday!

Personally my group and I are avoiding all that nonsense and going up Saturday, all dayer, stay in a Hotel, wake up and grab a decent brekky in Borough then get straight back on it avoiding the general Wembley area until the very last minute. The thought of horrible chain boozers packed with hordes of face painted day trippers, foam hands and 1hr wait for a plastic pint of Carlsberg is pretty grim. Decent beer in decent boozers in a tucked away part of town with good mates then into the ground and get behind the lads. Bliss.

Up the Saints!

I was thinking of going on the Southampton Branch of Manchester united fans club coach..... it gets there quicker as they wont stop at Fleet lol

Are really running one? That's pretty impressive, considering you need to be a season ticket holder to get a seat at Wembley. Can't fault their commitment.

(Unless it's a coach filled with people who've spent zillions on corporate tickets...)

Anyone travelling by train with any savvy should get their missus to drive them/ get a taxi to Botley (or if want to save 5 minutes in the car/ 3 min on the train, Hedge End). Trains will be way quieter and don't take much longer. The lack of trains before Central means getting into that place will be like Millbronx Tesco on Black Friday!

Up the Saints!

If every **** bangs on about it, it won't be much of a smart move will it?

Personally my group and I are avoiding all that nonsense and going up Saturday, all dayer, stay in a Hotel, wake up and grab a decent brekky in Borough then get straight back on it avoiding the general Wembley area until the very last minute. The thought of horrible chain boozers packed with hordes of face painted day trippers, foam hands and 1hr wait for a plastic pint of Carlsberg is pretty grim. Decent beer in decent boozers in a tucked away part of town with good mates then into the ground and get behind the lads. Bliss.

Up the Saints!

We were going to do that but first train from Hedge End isn't until 8

Driving from Portsmouth with my old man, haven't got the foggiest to park, I've only ever parked at Wembley itself. Might park at Denham as suggested.

Appreciate any recommendations.

We have hired a 7 seater taxi for the day. Will park by Marylebone station, free parking all day Sunday, pub, and then overground from there to Wembley. 10 mins on train.

Will train from fleet..guess the Basingstoke trains will be ranked as well! Going to be a squeeze!

Yep - was planning on getting one of the Salisbury trains rather than one of the Southampton trains, however not sure there seem to be many...! Just going to go up early and if it tkes a bit of time then so be it....can't be driving on cup final day!

Is Mike Thomas still running that?

I went up with them in November 1977 ahead of a week long work course in Manchester and went up a friend who was a plastic Manc. When Thomas came up to get my fare, he asked which end was I going in?

"I dunno. What's the away end at Oldham called?"

He wasn't impressed.

i was only kidding lol. In 76 their coach came into Heston services and saw our coaches of Saints fans not happy with them and so drove straight out again. Thats why I sadi about not stopping at Fleet Edited by OldNick

Yep - was planning on getting one of the Salisbury trains rather than one of the Southampton trains, however not sure there seem to be many...! Just going to go up early and if it tkes a bit of time then so be it....can't be driving on cup final day!

Due to engineering works no trains from Salisbury / Andover until the afternoon

So all people from Salisbury and West of there have to travel to Waterloo via Southampton

Evening Eric! Glad to see you are giving Oman Air a miss this time!! Hopefully might bump into you at the ground!!!:lol::lol: