World Cup Russia Next year

spyinthesky

Anyone see the BBC2 Documentary about the Russian Hooligan Firms last night?

It is understandable that the BBC would make the threat of violence more likely against English fans but for anyone who is considering going over for the competition the situation does seem rather worrying.

I am sure it wont be just the English fans who will be targeted, I guess the Germans and Poles and possibly the Dutch will need to be very wary but there does seem to be a very worrying resurgence of Russian nationalism inspired by Putin and his cronies.

Unfortunately, if the comments made by some of the Russian 'fans', especially by the guy who spoke very good English, it was the British hooligans in the 1970's who were their inspiration.

We are now seen as soft, overweight, drunken reprobates whereas the Russians are in the gym working out and getting ready for combat!!

Hooligan training camps are very much reality over there. I was in Marseille and the show last night was in no way an exaggeration. They view us as drunken, overweight gypos (mostly true) and want to prove they're top dogs. I can't be arsed with Russia 2018.

Anyone see the BBC2 Documentary about the Russian Hooligan Firms last night?

It is understandable that the BBC would make the threat of violence more likely against English fans but for anyone who is considering going over for the competition the situation does seem rather worrying.

I am sure it wont be just the English fans who will be targeted, I guess the Germans and Poles and possibly the Dutch will need to be very wary but there does seem to be a very worrying resurgence of Russian nationalism inspired by Putin and his cronies.

Unfortunately, if the comments made by some of the Russian 'fans', especially by the guy who spoke very good English, it was the British hooligans in the 1970's who were their inspiration.

We are now seen as soft, overweight, drunken reprobates whereas the Russians are in the gym working out and getting ready for combat!!

Fair enough.

Would love it if literally nobody went. A tournament being played in empty stadia would be a proper embarrassment to that regime.

Reasonably likely, although they will probably bus in stooges rather than have empty grounds.

There are bound to be very few fans travelling in 2022 as well.

Basically, FIFA has knackered the World Cup.

Having had the misfortune to have been in Marseille when it kicked off I can honestly say I wouldn't go to the World Cup in Russia if you paid me.

I'd be interested to hear the views of anyone who IS planning to go to Russia. I don't think any football match is worth getting the living sh*te kicked out of you for.

Having had the misfortune to have been in Marseille when it kicked off I can honestly say I wouldn't go to the World Cup in Russia if you paid me.

Even without that Russians are cnts and would be happy if the team pulled out altogether. Their women had the nerve to p1ss all over old Tump's little hands and film it. TERRIBLE!!

I can't see many fans wanting to go over there, I would actually prefer it if we didn't qualify.

You just have to look on YouTube to see that they have a serious problem over there, even during the worst days of hooliganism over here it was never close to what Russia is like today.

To be fair to the Russians though at least they want to fight unlike our hoolies who just want to act hard behind a line of coppers and film it on their phones. The English in France to a right old pasting, was men against boys.

Frightening programme putting football back 40 years.

People always come out with these silly cliches. How exactly has it put football back 40 years?

Football reflects society. Football grounds in this country are largely full of helmets who want to show how wacky they are and be engaged in banter. If there is the slightest bit of trouble there is hysterical outrage with everyone in a race to be the first to condemn as well competing with each other to be the most offended. This Pretty much reflects a large percentage of this country.

In Russia in fact most of Eastern Europe there is much more manly culture where men are respected for being men, not because they've got nice beard, tight fitting jeans and cry at the sob stories on x-factor. That's the culture there wether people like it or not, jumping up and down saying how disgusting it all is and cliches like it's put football back 40 years isn't going to change it.

People always come out with these silly cliches. How exactly has it put football back 40 years?

Football reflects society. Football grounds in this country are largely full of helmets who want to show how wacky they are and be engaged in banter. If there is the slightest bit of trouble there is hysterical outrage with everyone in a race to be the first to condemn as well competing with each other to be the most offended. This Pretty much reflects a large percentage of this country.

In Russia in fact most of Eastern Europe there is much more manly culture where men are respected for being men, not because they've got nice beard, tight fitting jeans and cry at the sob stories on x-factor. That's the culture there wether people like it or not, jumping up and down saying how disgusting it all is and cliches like it's put football back 40 years isn't going to change it.

Actually men are feared for being thugs. My girlfriend is East European, says a lot of the men there are alcoholics or drug addicts and dealers. If you respect that, fair enough. I don't.

There was also a BBC Panorama just before EURO 2012 with regards to hooliganism in Ukraine and Poland- that one ended up fine.

Problem is the Russian population seems to have it for us. I'm largely turned off by international football anyway- but safe journey for anyone who goes-

There is a huge problem with hooliganism over there but a lot of it is highly organized.

I very much doubt Putin will want it all to kick off when the world's eyes are on his country. If he has to he'll press the right buttons and certain individuals will disappear for the duration of the world cup.

The racism issue is the one I think could rear it's ugly head

the Russian population seems to have it for us. I'm largely turned off by international football anyway- but safe journey for anyone who goes-

The Russian hoolies see England as the creators of organised football violence and so as the 'kings' they want to depose. The fact they are 30 years out of date doesn't seem to matter.

Actually men are feared for being thugs. My girlfriend is East European, says a lot of the men there are alcoholics or drug addicts and dealers. If you respect that, fair enough. I don't.

and the domestic murder rate is around seven times what it is here. Hard to be impressed by guys murdering their wives and kids.

If you want...

514587.jpg

Whatever your views on their hooligan problem you have to say well done to the Russians for how well they have embraced the homosexual community within their football culture. Puts us to shame, you don't see that many openly gay men with their tight fitting shorts and matching tight t-shirts around the pubs on match days over here.