Advice for Travelling to Wembley!

SaintInMidlands

Hello everyone, apologies for opening a thread but need some advice!

Basically, I'm a university student currently in Birmingham, just started last year.

I've only got 2 aways (Stoke and Leicester) and no home games this year because I moved out of Southampton, but it's my reading week/holiday at the moment so I've come back down to Southampton for the week!

Given that I am due to go back this Sunday, I've just seen that my train ticket will be valid for all of Sunday so I'm gonna plan on going to Wembley with my dad (who has a ticket!), and spending the day with him, but basically here is what I'd like advice on.

What is attempting to buy tickets like outside for Wembley, does anyone have any experience of it or know the locations of such touts?

If I cannot find a ticket within my budget (ever so important being a student too), then does anyone know the nearest pubs to Wembley that will be showing full coverage of the match?

How many Saints fans do we reckon will travel up ticketless on the day too?

I mean, I'd love to watch the game with a pub full of Saints fans who couldn't find a ticket than embark upon a trip to Birmingham and watch it on my own! It would be stupid of me not to take in that Wembley atmosphere.

Apologies in advance if any of this has been asked before, and thanks.

Touts usually flood Wembley way, whenever i've been there for any event as you come down the steps from the tube station they are all stood there waving tickets in the air. Just make sure to double check the tickets before you buy that it says in the Southampton end - they'll probably tell you they are, even if it's in the United end, just to get you to pay.

As for a pub, Green Man is the closest I think. I don't know if it's showing the game but I don't see why it wouldn't be.

I know at least 4 Saints fans coming down from Manchester with a full coach load of Mancs, the Mancs all have tickets but the Saints fans don't so they are going also looking for a pub to watch the game if they cant find tickets. How's this for a decent gesture, a couple of the Mancs have offered their tickets to the Saints fans (in the MU end), saying they will be back at Wembley again soon anyway.

At Cardiff in 2003 I was probably a similar age to you and went ticketless (with a budget of £300) and couldn't pick one up but watched in a boozer with 100+ similar Saints. Would expect us to take a fair few hundred without tickets, United will bring a few thousand ticketless (which makes it more expensive for you unfortunately). You'll have a top day whatever happens.

Obviously keep an eye out on the #saintsfc twitter feed on the day to see if any spares are going, you may get lucky. Good effort and up the Saints!

At Cardiff in 2003 I was probably a similar age to you and went ticketless (with a budget of £300) and couldn't pick one up but watched in a boozer with 100+ similar Saints. Would expect us to take a fair few hundred without tickets, United will bring a few thousand ticketless (which makes it more expensive for you unfortunately). You'll have a top day whatever happens.

Obviously keep an eye out on the #saintsfc twitter feed on the day to see if any spares are going, you may get lucky. Good effort and up the Saints!

That is the plan! I don't want to spend the time I'm not with my father with random Mancs, would love to spend it and celebrate (hopefully!!) with our Saints fans!

I'm going to have to hope for the best with regards to a ticket I guess, but no guarantees.

Luckily for me too there will be direct trains from Wembley Stadium going straight into Birmingham :)

Thank you for the response guys- will there be any pubs where I can watch the game with Saints fans though? Or where would other ticketless fans be?

And £300 is hefty- pub is looking likeliest

I've been also told by a mate to get off at Wembley Park and not Central

A Man u fan said if he goes to a big game without a ticket he waits to buy from the touts about 15/20 mins into the game.

He can then buy a lot cheaper as touts are just wanting to sell.

HTH

A Man u fan said if he goes to a big game without a ticket he waits to buy from the touts about 15/20 mins into the game.

He can then buy a lot cheaper as touts are just wanting to sell.

HTH

Was going to suggest this, if you wait right until the last minuet they'd rather get something than nothing. You risk missing the start, or being late to the pub if it doesn't work outm but you should be able to get a much cheaper ticket.

For those that can't make it or can't get a ticket, the skysport NOWtv thing is £6.99 for the day, so it's worth that for a proper HD experience rather than a dodgy stream that keeps cutting out.

Hope not. Wouldn't surprise me though. National rail says trains running to oxted, change there, and then change again at East Croydon. We're basically 3rd world on the Uckfield line

Ah via Hurst Green then oxted, why we have to change at Croydon today though who knows. I'll be on the 10:30 so might see you on the journey home.