Ranieri sacked

whelk

Everyone likes raneri because he's a nice bloke but the reality is he isn't that good a manager. His record is average at best given the clubs he's managed. Whilst he deserves great credit for last season Leicester didn't win the league because of a 38 game tactical masterclass. It seems that's its player power that forced him out which is a great shame given they're the ones who who were happy to take all the plaudits when things were going well yet passing the buck for their under performance this season.

The players got him sacked, its like they've all just retired from football now they won the league. Apparently as a team they are running a mile less a game than last year. It is ranieri's job to try and keep them motivated but I'm sure he's tried, maybe he's retired on the beach in his head somewhere. China would love a Premier League winning manager...

Lets be honest, you really can't blame the Leicester board for making this decision.

They have been god awful this year and on current form it is looking likely that they'll be going down and will be out of CL.

When a manager loses the dressing room, it's time for them to go.

It's a shame, but to call it ridiculous/outrageous/awful or whatever you want to call it, is a bit far. IMO the writing has been on the wall for months and their board has given him longer than others would have, I suspect.

It's easy to just blame the players, but ultimately its the manager who picks the tactics / team and if he is not inspiring, then the players won't perform.

They were very very lucky last year (possibly the weakest the PL has ever been) and this shows it was a complete freak.

It's a bit like when Adkins was sacked. It was sad and everyone was outraged, but in hindsight it was the right decision. There's no room for sentiment in football with the money involved in the PL.

Everyone likes raneri because he's a nice bloke but the reality is he isn't that good a manager. His record is average at best given the clubs he's managed. Whilst he deserves great credit for last season Leicester didn't win the league because of a 38 game tactical masterclass. It seems that's its player power that forced him out which is a great shame given they're the ones who who were happy to take all the plaudits when things were going well yet passing the buck for their under performance this season.
Lol, He is isnt a good manager!!!!! Yep frigging useless, like having Mr Bean in charge wasnt it. It is so easy to win the PL with a mediocre squad. Even if that is his only ever trophy he should be seen as a master of his trade.

Lets be honest, you really can't blame the Leicester board for making this decision.

They have been god awful this year and on current form it is looking likely that they'll be going down and will be out of CL.

When a manager loses the dressing room, it's time for them to go.

It's a shame, but to call it ridiculous/outrageous/awful or whatever you want to call it, is a bit far. IMO the writing has been on the wall for months and their board has given him longer than others would have, I suspect.

It's easy to just blame the players, but ultimately its the manager who picks the tactics / team and if he is not inspiring, then the players won't perform.

They were very very lucky last year (possibly the weakest the PL has ever been) and this shows it was a complete freak.

It's a bit like when Adkins was sacked. It was sad and everyone was outraged, but in hindsight it was the right decision. There's no room for sentiment in football with the money involved in the PL.

Sadly the manager gets sacked not the players, all down to their contracts and costs of doing so, but they are shameful how they have let him down.

The players got him sacked, its like they've all just retired from football now they won the league. Apparently as a team they are running a mile less a game than last year. It is ranieri's job to try and keep them motivated but I'm sure he's tried, maybe he's retired on the beach in his head somewhere. China would love a Premier League winning manager...

Two third of the Earth is covered by water. The rest by Ngolo Kante.

Lol, He is isnt a good manager!!!!! Yep frigging useless, like having Mr Bean in charge wasnt it. It is so easy to win the PL with a mediocre squad. Even if that is his only ever trophy he should be seen as a master of his trade.

Turkish is right. I wouldn't want him as Saints manager.

Ah yes, those note-able old one season wonders Mane, Lallana, Wanyama etc. I'm so happy we got rid.

Mane and Wanyama who t*ssed it off for 3/4 of a season when they didn't get the moves they wanted? And Lallana who wanted to strike to force a move?

What's the motivation for Vardy and Mahrez now? They got their massive pay rises and have done something they know they will never do again. Now they can just sit back on their contracts, earn a sh*t load of money and put a bit of half ars*d effort in.

Players meeting the owners to say to give Ranieri the elbow is not great. Owners should have got their balls out and told the players to STFU, do what they are paid to do (ie play and win games) and get on with it. Instead owners have panicked. They might well get a dead cat bounce, or they may do even better.

I do remember (some) people questioning why Kante would leave CL football to go to Chelsea with no European football. Well the answer then was rather obvious. While he signed a 5 year contract (I think), one of those years would have no CL football while the other 4 were likely to have it. Stick at Leicester for 5 years, and it would be the exact opposite.

Turkish is right. I wouldn't want him as Saints manager.
If he did here that he did at Leicester actually win the PL, I would take him like a shot, and I suspect hte leicester fans in the main wuld stmach relegation for that one season. Our friends down the road took a massive drp to win the FA cup and the majority would do it again if they had the chance I suspect

If he did here that he did at Leicester actually win the PL, I would take him like a shot, and I suspect hte leicester fans in the main wuld stmach relegation for that one season. Our friends down the road took a massive drp to win the FA cup and the majority would do it again if they had the chance I suspect

why should fans stomach relegation when they are better than that?

why should the club just sit there and allow the team to go down because of what he did previously?

why cant Leicester win the league and stay up?

Huth and Morgan have always been pretty dog **** players at this level, they got luck last year because they had a machine in front of them. They're now exposed to **** and you can see how incredibly limited they are.

Kante was enormous for them, his play was infectious and he the protection he gave their defense enabled the entire team to play on the front foot. They have to play a different way now, and they've reverted to form.

I feel sorry for Claudio, talk about victim of his own success. If there was any sense they'd have sacked some of the under performing players before the manager, they're more culpable.

Hope they go down and stay down now, would serve them right for this disloyalty. It's the players who have let them down by revolting against the man who managed the most unbelievable feat in sport ever. Goes to show how stupid this sport can be.

Also that's all they're going to be talking about instead of the final now, dunno if that's good news or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either you live a very sheltered life or you are prone to rather large scale exaggeration ......

Maybe a bit of both....

In any case the last six words of the second sentence are to put it mildly complete rubbish.

Yes, but he won't. He's got as much chance of winning the league as Tony Pulis or Fat Sam. He didn't do anything innovative or interesting. He set them up with two fairly rigid banks of 4, they sat deep, got away with murder in a lot of matches and whacked it up the pitch to two players having the best season of their career. It happened to work over the course of a season which, frankly, was a miracle. I don't want us appointing managers because they once had an unbelievably lucky season.

Mane and Wanyama who t*ssed it off for 3/4 of a season when they didn't get the moves they wanted? And Lallana who wanted to strike to force a move?

What's the motivation for Vardy and Mahrez now? They got their massive pay rises and have done something they know they will never do again. Now they can just sit back on their contracts, earn a sh*t load of money and put a bit of half ars*d effort in.

This didn't happen. I don't remember ever watching Mane and thinking he was putting in anything less than 100%. His form may have struggled, but his effort did not. Wanyama, there's a case to be made, but even then I don't particularly agree.

Leicester had a luckyish season last year, not many injuries, a few late goals giving them 1-0 wins I think and not much Cup involvement plus of course no European football. Now it seems to me that those top clubs completely free of Europe have an easier time of it than those who are battering it out Moldavia and Iceland every other Wednesday or Thursday. Leicester weren't up to the PL and the European challenge this season and their players are probably prioritisng what will be for most of them a once in a lifetime experience. So for the second time in a row we see a PL winning manager sacked mid way through the following season.

Huth and Morgan have always been pretty dog **** players at this level, they got luck last year because they had a machine in front of them. They're now exposed to **** and you can see how incredibly limited they are.

Kante was enormous for them, his play was infectious and he the protection he gave their defense enabled the entire team to play on the front foot. They have to play a different way now, and they've reverted to form.

I feel sorry for Claudio, talk about victim of his own success. If there was any sense they'd have sacked some of the under performing players before the manager, they're more culpable.

I wonder if the crackdown about grabbing an opponent in the penalty area has nullified their defence as well.

I still believe it is a crass decision and the players have tarnished their own achievemnet if they were part of the sacking

I wonder if the crackdown about grabbing an opponent in the penalty area has nullified their defence as well.

I still believe it is a crass decision and the players have tarnished their own achievemnet if they were part of the sacking

I can't disagree with that.

I local Leicester fan was telling me the other day exactly how bad it is for them if they go down. Morgan on £100k a week for 3 more seasons. No premier league team pays him that much after this year. Vardy likewise isn't going to have many teams bashing his door down for the money he is on. Drinkwater isn't being paid £100k anywhere else either. Giving huge contracts to tie down these players will kill them if they get relegated. Ok they arent doing a Portsmouth on it but they are in severe trouble if they go down.

I local Leicester fan was telling me the other day exactly how bad it is for them if they go down. Morgan on £100k a week for 3 more seasons. No premier league team pays him that much after this year. Vardy likewise isn't going to have many teams bashing his door down for the money he is on. Drinkwater isn't being paid £100k anywhere else either. Giving huge contracts to tie down these players will kill them if they get relegated. Ok they arent doing a Portsmouth on it but they are in severe trouble if they go down.

Surely they have relegation clauses I thought that was pretty standard these days.

I don't think we can really comment after the appalling way we sacked a manager after back to back promotions and we weren't about to be relegated!

Two wrongs don't make a right. Anyway, Ranieri's sacking is wronger.

Not quite sure why it is such big news. It is after all the second season running that the manager of the reigning champions was sacked.

Huge difference. Chelsea are expected to finish in the top four every season. I'm not saying the sacking of the "Special One" was right, but it was a lot more understandable compared to what Ranieri achieved with Leicester. The greatest sporting achievement in history IMO.

The Leicester owner/board made a similar head-scratching decision to sack Pearson, not half way through the season when they were crap, but after they recovered and had a fantastic run in the second half of that season. At the time it seemed madness, but in hindsight they seemed to have played a blinder. Maybe they are playing a blinder again. Or maybe they were just lucky with the Pearson decision, and don't have a clue.

Either you live a very sheltered life or you are prone to rather large scale exaggeration ......

Maybe a bit of both....

In any case the last six words of the second sentence are to put it mildly complete rubbish.

Ok clever ****, name another sporting feat that compares. A 5,000-1 outsider winning a competition that has been the preserve of 3 or 4 teams the past 25 years. Look at the tennis player with odds of 5,000/1 & see if he can win Wimbledon, see if a 5,000/1 outsider could win the drivers championship. I suggest by trying to take the ****, you are talking complete rubbish .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why should the club just sit there and allow the team to go down because of what he did previously?

They wouldn't have gone down - they're not in bottom 3 now and wouldn't have been at the end of the season with Ranieri in charge.

Not so sure now though with caretaker manager in charge and no apparent replacement lined up.

They wouldn't have gone down - they're not in bottom 3 now and wouldn't have been at the end of the season with Ranieri in charge.

Not so sure now though with caretaker manager in charge and no apparent replacement lined up.

they are 1 point above relegation with the worst form in the country this year

nope, no chance of going down!!!

But you have said they are only one point off of the relegation places so clearly not better than that.

Why not. He is clearly a decent manager and if they did go down could well take them straight back up. Remember a manager called Lawrie McMenemy and what happened with him?

I assume that if Leicester won the league then they would stay up???

they are 1 point above relegation with the worst form in the country this year

nope, no chance of going down!!!

There's no denying their league form has been terrible.

But what makes you think they are more likely to stay up now having sacked the manager who has led Leicester (!) to a league title and also a reasonable chance of reaching the Champs League quarter finals?! (Especially as so far it appears they have not earmarked a replacement).

Those are unbelievable and unprecedented achievements for a club like Leicester and it's sad to see that even these don't allow the manager any faith from premier league club owners anymore.

There's no denying their league form has been terrible.

But what makes you think they are more likely to stay up now having sacked the manager who has led Leicester (!) to a league title and also a reasonable chance of reaching the Champs League quarter finals?! (Especially as so far it appears they have not earmarked a replacement).

Those are unbelievable and unprecedented achievements for a club like Leicester and it's sad to see that even these don't allow the manager any faith from premier league club owners anymore.

Well, look forward to Ranieri getting a top European job within the next 6 months. Reckon the juventus job could be going soon. Should be a shoe-in