Koeman - still a c**t.

alpine_saint

Wants Manyoo to win.

No "Its difficult for me, I still have affection for SMS". Nothing.

I reckon we got the act when he was manager and the real Koeman was the one we saw many moons ago pulling David Platt down in Rotterdam.

I'm starting to think he despises Southampton Football Club nearly as much as you do.

That's why I expected him to be a bit diplomatic and at least say he had mixed feelings.

Is he suffereing from schadenfreude, resentment, jealousy ? He hasnt exactly stepped up, has he ?

He's just a blunt, pragmatic, self-serving Manager telling it how it is.

Just says he wants the result to go the way that helps Everton get into Europe next season. Seems a sensible point of view from him. he is hardly going to say he wants us to win is he? The only irony is that he seems to think now that being in Europa League is a good thing, pity he didn't make sure we got into it (as opposed to qualifying rounds) last season.

Interesting way of twisting what happened

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Hardly he was offered a very good ( actually the best contract ever offered to a saints manager money wise) contract but chose to go elsewhere. You can debate the reasons for him leaving, and weather he had a valid reason or not, but to suggest Les strong armed out is just the usual agenda driven crap.

I wish my boss would strong arm me out of my job by offering me a new contract to make me the highest salary ever for a manger at my work place...

I don't think it was down to money all on its own really. Didn't he want to take the club forward ie spend a load of cash? I think I remember him saying he didn't want to have to keep selling and rebuilding every summer. Personally if they did that at my company I'd want out too. Stability is key to success. If you take risks you can get rewards, but it can also go the other way. You play roulette you will eventually lose.

I don't think it was down to money all on its own really. Didn't he want to take the club forward ie spend a load of cash? I think I remember him saying he didn't want to have to keep selling and rebuilding every summer. Personally if they did that at my company I'd want out too. Stability is key to success. If you take risks you can get rewards, but it can also go the other way. You play roulette you will eventually lose.

Agree, just like Leicester last summer - stability worked for them and taking a risk paying out massive contracts.........

Everton showed more ambition than us by saying they would keep the best players and buy more, rather than sell and reinvest, so I can not blame him for leaving, he is still the best Manager we have ever had along with WGS.

You cant tell me if you was a manager of a club fighting for 7th and 6th that you wouldnt want a team who is currently 6th to win the cup to help increase the chances of 7th place being a EL spot.

It's another case of reading one thing and making it another. This is what Koeman is quoted to have said:

“It is true you need help from which team will win the EFL Cup or the FA Cup,” said Koeman.

“In that way we hope United will win at weekend and one of biggest clubs wins the FA Cup, because then it's possible seventh in the table can play a qualification for the Europa League.”

Koeman believes European qualification can impact on the standard of players it is possible to lure at the end of the season.

“Yes it is factor because players like to be part of Europe, and like to be part of the Champions League,” said Koeman.

“That is the best for football players. The first step is to be part of Europe even if it is being part of a difficult Europa League on Thursday or qualification really soon in the pre-season. We would like to do it and be part of it because Europe is the next step."

Key words here: "In that way we hope United will win..."

Nowhere Koeman is saying anything along the lines of "I hate Southampton, I'd prefer it if Man Utd win." The only thing he's saying is "I'd like to get my team into Europe." Big f*cking deal. Any manager would be blasted for saying anything other than that.

Edited by Pass the Dutchie

My take was that Koeman wants to keep his stock high for the big job he really wants. Realistically he was unlikely to able to squeeze much more out of saints but improving Everton was a much easier task so he took it.

My main point is the idea that Les hatched some Machiavellian scheme to offer Koeman a very good ( by saints standards) contract to make him leave as far fetched nonsense.

My take was that Koeman wants to keep his stock high for the big job he really wants. Realistically he was unlikely to able to squeeze much more out of saints but improving Everton was a much easier task so he took it.

My main point is the idea that Les hatched some Machiavellian scheme to offer Koeman a very good ( by saints standards) contract to make him leave as far fetched nonsense.

Of course I agree. But he wanted to stay for the final year and Les didn't want him to unless he signed a new deal. Personally I'd have kept him on for that final season and see what happens. He could have had is eye elsewhere and not put the same effort in. Or could have thought if I do well I may get a big job. We will never know. But it was Les' decision to let him go this season that cannot be denied.

Wants Manyoo to win.

No "Its difficult for me, I still have affection for SMS". Nothing.

I reckon we got the act when he was manager and the real Koeman was the one we saw many moons ago pulling David Platt down in Rotterdam.

How much affection do you have for the companies where you worked for like 2 years?

The guy just worked here and is gone now, give it a rest already

Can you give us an example of a football club that doesn't play roulette every season?

Can you give us an example of a football club that doesn't play roulette every season?

It depends in which context you mean. Mine was about selling key players who contributed to whatever was achieved the season before. If we are saying roulette in that sense Arsenal, Liverpool, Spuds, Citeh etc. If you are implying buying players then everyone. No signing is a guarantee of improvement. In regards to managers I don't think you can say Pep or Jose are a gamble as you know exactly what you will be getting. Managers who have won basically everything there is to win. So like I say it depends on the context. Can you name another club that has sold as many key players as we have and gone on to succeed?

Everyone gambles in this league. Just some more than others. For example selling your captain and getting in a player who has not played in over a year is a pretty big one. How many other clubs can you name that have done that?

Everyone gambles in this league. Just some more than others. For example selling your captain and getting in a player who has not played in over a year is a pretty big one. How many other clubs can you name that have done that?

How many other clubs of our size can you name that have finished so consistently high over the last five years?

Nah, we messed up this January so we're sh it at everything forever. Enjoy the cup final.

I never implied thats what it was . Koeman wanted to see out his contract but Les wouldn't have it . It was his way or no way . Extend or leave .

It depends in which context you mean. Mine was about selling key players who contributed to whatever was achieved the season before. If we are saying roulette in that sense Arsenal, Liverpool, Spuds, Citeh etc. If you are implying buying players then everyone. No signing is a guarantee of improvement. In regards to managers I don't think you can say Pep or Jose are a gamble as you know exactly what you will be getting. Managers who have won basically everything there is to win. So like I say it depends on the context. Can you name another club that has sold as many key players as we have and gone on to succeed?

Exactly look at Leicester they kept all but one of their key players and their league winning manager and they are flying...

We've finished sixth, seventh, eighth and all you can see is doom.

In the week we've seen the club that followed pretty much to the letter your wet-dream non-roulette strategy of spunking huge wages to KEEP THEIR BEST PLAYERS plus spunked more and more in INVESTING IN THE SQUAD be shown to be in absolute chaos and facing a relegation dogfight.

Players want leave, let them go if we get the fees, replace them and go again.

It's so odd that people so despise a strategy that works when there is no evidence anywhere that anyone else's strategy is better for a club our size.

I'll ask again which club is winning this roulette game better than us? Which one?

I never implied thats what it was . Koeman wanted to see out his contract but Les wouldn't have it . It was his way or no way . Extend or leave .

Not really the case again If Everton hadn't come calling Koeman would have stayed for his final season extension or not.

In the week we've seen the club that followed pretty much to the letter your wet-dream non-roulette strategy of spunking huge wages to KEEP THEIR BEST PLAYERS plus spunked more and more in INVESTING IN THE SQUAD be shown to be in absolute chaos and facing a relegation dogfight.

It's so odd that people so despise a strategy that works when there is no evidence anywhere that anyone else's strategy is better for a club our size.

I'll ask again which club is winning this roulette game better than us? Which one?

What an absolute load of horse ****.

First off what have I said that's doom saying? It's a fact if you rely on selling you better have something to always sell. Who in our squad will command the fees that Mane etc had? The only one is VVD. This season we have not replaced players on the same level as in previous seasons and if you believe they are then you are as deluded as you seem.

And secondly I think you may need to go and have a look at which player they sold..... which makes your point totally idiotic. It proves my point that selling key players will have a negative effect eventually UNLESS they are replaced with players of the same level. Leicester didn't do that and they are where they are. We didn't do that and we are where we are.

We are in a cup final and that is great. We finished three points off the last CL spot last season. So by your logic (or stupidness) are you saying last year was luck or was it about amazing planning? Because if you are then that would have to mean the opposite for this season. So what is it a great forward thinking strategy that accounts for all eventualities or simply luck?

As for the clubs thing see my previous post...

I'll ask again which club has sold as much as we have and gone on to succeed?

And btw you do know that player marco is referring to is most likely to win another title this year right? The same one who looks to be some experts picks for the pfa player of the year?

What an absolute load of horse ****.

First off what have I said that's doom saying? It's a fact if you rely on selling you better have something to always sell. Who in our squad will command the fees that Mane etc had? The only one is VVD. This season we have not replaced players on the same level as in previous seasons and if you believe they are then you are as deluded as you seem.

And secondly I think you may need to go and have a look at which player they sold..... which makes your point totally idiotic. It proves my point that selling key players will have a negative effect eventually UNLESS they are replaced with players of the same level. Leicester didn't do that and they are where they are. We didn't do that and we are where we are.

We are in a cup final and that is great. We finished three points off the last CL spot last season. So by your logic (or stupidness) are you saying last year was luck or was it about amazing planning? Because if you are then that would have to mean the opposite for this season. So what is it a great forward thinking strategy that accounts for all eventualities or simply luck?

As for the clubs thing see my previous post...

Gawd knows what you're blathering about. But if we go by your list we can summarise your copper-bottomed strategic masterplan as being Waaah waah waah why can't we be Man City waah waah waah why can't we be Liverpool or Spurs.

Brilliant stuff as ever.

Gawd knows what you're blathering about. But if we go by your list we can summarise your copper-bottomed strategic masterplan as being Waaah waah waah why can't we be Man City waah waah waah why can't we be Liverpool or Spurs.

Brilliant stuff as ever.

Haha what a typical CB Fry reply. Can't argue his point to save his life. If in doubt bring out the waaah waahs. No wonder nobody takes you seriously on here. You're just an idiot with no clue about football. All you have said you have created your self. Nowhere did I say why can't we be a city. But would that be the city who finished 3 points ahead of us last season? The Liverpool who finished below us last season and were only 2 points above us the season before? Or the Spurs who finished 4 points ahead of us that year? Like you say brilliant stuff mate.

I don't know if you saw but we were ranked 22 in the recent clubs money list? That's better than 'big' clubs like Benfica, Galatasary etc. Even more than those sleeping giants our previous manager left us for. That's a higher revenue than Inter etc but you are right we should do what those teams around us last season did and sell 3 or 4 of the teams best players....after all we are only little old Southampton.

It's not a lot different to me wanting United to beat Palace in the FA Cup Final so we would go into the Europa League Group stages, when emotionally I would have preferred a Palace win.

Yes, and actually it's exactly the same as (most of us) wanting Utd to win the cup last year, so I don't understand the point of this thread. I wouldn't expect him to want us to win and him lose out on Europe, just because he has a soft spot for us.

Haha what a typical CB Fry reply. Can't argue his point to save his life. If in doubt bring out the waaah waahs. No wonder nobody takes you seriously on here. You're just an idiot with no clue about football. All you have said you have created your self. Nowhere did I say why can't we be a city. But would that be the city who finished 3 points ahead of us last season? The Liverpool who finished below us last season and were only 2 points above us the season before? Or the Spurs who finished 4 points ahead of us that year? Like you say brilliant stuff mate.

I don't know if you saw but we were ranked 22 in the recent clubs money list? That's better than 'big' clubs like Benfica, Galatasary etc. Even more than those sleeping giants our previous manager left us for. That's a higher revenue than Inter etc but you are right we should do what those teams around us last season did and sell 3 or 4 of the teams best players....after all we are only little old Southampton.

Ah, right, you're one off those "keep them all and buy some more" types.

Thought you were brighter than the usual mouth breathers. Clearly not.

Ah, right, you're one off those "keep them all and buy some more" types.

Thought you were brighter than the usual mouth breathers. Clearly not.

Not at all. To think we can keep everyone is very naive. There is a food chain and those with more money will always plunder those with less.

However I do not believe we have to sell as many as we do. Wanyama was inevitable as he threw his toys out. But we could have kept Mane and Pelle in the same period. Fonte did not have to be sold. It has taken us until February to sort out those mistakes and we do not know yet if the Fonte one has. For a club that constantly tells us they plan ahead with everything and there is a strategy in place I seriously see a lack of it recently.

As I said we are in a cup final that is fantastic. I will be there drunk out my face cheering us on from the stands. Win or lose we deserve that day out for the progress the club as a whole has made in recent seasons. But to say some of the decisions we've made this season had to be the way they were I strongly disagree.

And btw you do know that player marco is referring to is most likely to win another title this year right? The same one who looks to be some experts picks for the pfa player of the year?

No one can answer that unless you first set out what your definition of "succeed" means for a club like Southampton. The definition of success is different for every club in England.

Porto, Sporting, Benfica, Sevilla, Atletico, Bilbao, Udinese, Shaktar, Ajax and Dortmund all regularly sell there best players and re-invest. Just because no one in England has done it as a business model before doesn't mean it doesn't work if you plan ahead.

No one can answer that unless you first set out what your definition of "succeed" means for a club like Southampton. The definition of success is different for every club in England.

Given that we've never finished in the top 10 of top flight for more than 3 seasons in a row and only been in 5 major cup finals (two of those over 100 years ago) in our 133 year history suggests that we are in one of our most successful periods ever. The problem is that so many of the utter dinlows that follow football these days have lost sight of what and who we are as a club. Should we win tomorrow and finish top 10 then it would arguably be our most successful season ever. All that with boring Claude and bumbling Les running the show, even historian labelled the league cup the greatest threat to our season. :lol:

Porto, Sporting, Benfica, Sevilla, Atletico, Bilbao, Udinese, Shaktar, Ajax and Dortmund all regularly sell there best players and re-invest. Just because no one in England has done it as a business model before doesn't mean it doesn't work if you plan ahead.

Quite - we aim to emulate these Pocket Super-Clubs, and in doing so, occupy a tier sitting just below the Champions League elite of Barca, Real Madrid, PSG, Munich et al; feeding them our developed players, but also scrapping it out for Cups, Europa places and the occasional Champs League berth too.

Quite - we aim to emulate these Pocket Super-Clubs, and in doing so, occupy a tier sitting just below the Champions League elite of Barca, Real Madrid, PSG, Munich et al; feeding them our developed players, but also scrapping it out for Cups, Europa places and the occasional Champs League berth too.

I'm liking that expression immensely.

So we don't know what would happen if Everton hadn't wanted Koeman , but it would have been les' fault?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Les rules were clear . Extend or leave .

Everton were irrelevant in that .

If Everton hadn't come along Koeman would have gone elsewhere .

Les rules were clear . Extend or leave .

Everton were irrelevant in that .

If Everton hadn't come along Koeman would have gone elsewhere .

Oi ****chops you don't know that.

Anyway what Koeman said was to be expected of a manager. But you also have to factor in the sad **** Everton fans reaction should he say anything else. Remember the red Christmas tree, **** me I thought we had some sad idiots (as witnessed on here) but the red Christmas tree rant was embarrassing.