Block 528 - Wembley

Yorkshire Saint

LOL behave if you think sitting there quietly is all that counts you're no different there is more than one way to skin a cat. Which is why I stand in the Itchen North, sing and watch the game and you no doubt sit in the middle of the Kingsland telling everyone the ref is doing a stella job and we both enjoy our day at the footie. The problem yesterday is we all got mixed up. I lived with it and respected what those around me wanted to do (sit, stand, sing, not sing) sounds like you didn't...

It wasn't too bad in our area (Block 527) apart from a few who were only there for a p!ss up and who feel that they have to stand up with their arms stretched out to support their team. Strange that whilst they're doing this they are too busy looking around to see if anyboy is noticing them rather than actually watching the game. I expect they thought that they were supporting their team too although how they can do that by spending half the time getting up to go to the toilets I shall never understand.

This may come as a shock but... you can make the same amount of noise sitting down as you can standing up - just saying - and the players won't even notice the difference.

It wasn't too bad in our area (Block 527) apart from a few who were only there for a p!ss up and who feel that they have to stand up with their arms stretched out to support their team. Strange that whilst they're doing this they are too busy looking around to see if anyboy is noticing them rather than actually watching the game. I expect they thought that they were supporting their team too although how they can do that by spending half the time getting up to go to the toilets I shall never understand.

This may come as a shock but... you can make the same amount of noise sitting down as you can standing up - just saying - and the players won't even notice the difference.

http://www.smashinglists.com/top-10-tips-for-singing-better/ ;)

Was pleasantly suprised that most of the top tier behind the goal was stood for the full 90

I was in block 132 and we all stood for the whole game too. Great atmosphere and no trouble spotted apart from when some queue jumping occurred in the loos and then it was just verbal. Throwing punches at your own fans. Whoever did that is a disgrace to the club. No excuses.

LOL behave if you think sitting there quietly is all that counts you're no different there is more than one way to skin a cat. Which is why I stand in the Itchen North, sing and watch the game and you no doubt sit in the middle of the Kingsland telling everyone the ref is doing a stella job and we both enjoy our day at the footie. The problem yesterday is we all got mixed up. I lived with it and respected what those around me wanted to do (sit, stand, sing, not sing) sounds like you didn't...

Some of us sit in the middle of the Kingsland so that we can see both ends of the ground. Some of our eyes aren't as good as they once used to be and when at the Sunderland match (block 41, row E) and Norwich (block 3, row KK) I couldn't see what was going on up the other end!!! So while I was happy standing on the terraces 40 years ago, I am happy to be over the half way line these days. I guess the last time I stood was 28/9/2010 at Huish Park, and it was OK, but being middle aged and a wee bit overweight (but still a fine specimen of a man) a wee sit down is welcome.

I had a domestic in front of me, then a falling out between male part of domestic and a bloke sat two seats away over something petty ( they shook hands later, ahhh) and then a weasel around 16 yrs and weighing no more than his torn stone island jumper trying to fight someone who had the audacity to step in front of him on the exit step. Humans eh??? Up the saints.

Love your last bit..........Humans eh???..............love it ..............takes all and every kind.

Some of us sit in the middle of the Kingsland so that we can see both ends of the ground. Some of our eyes aren't as good as they once used to be and when at the Sunderland match (block 41, row E) and Norwich (block 3, row KK) I couldn't see what was going on up the other end!!! So while I was happy standing on the terraces 40 years ago, I am happy to be over the half way line these days. I guess the last time I stood was 28/9/2010 at Huish Park, and it was OK, but being middle aged and a wee bit overweight (but still a fine specimen of a man) a wee sit down is welcome.

Which is no problem. The problem is everyone thinking that people should agree with their way of watching footie. Its never a problem at SMS because birds of a feather flock together. Yesterday we were all spread out and mixed up. Seems to me in those areas there were problems everyone needed to just be a bit more considerate and respectful and go with the flow but clearly in a crowd of 32,000 there are always going to be a few who couldn't.

Steady, those of us in the middle of the Kingsland eff and Jeff at the referee like everyone else, we also stand at away games !!!

Had to laugh at one of the stewards trying telling Saints fans to stop swearing whilst singing 'who the f*** are Man Utd'! :)

Is it just me that cringes whenever we sing this against them? After the game if we've won, got the 3 points and life is good yes, by all means (zero points for originality but hey all good), however there's a reason United love singing it themselves, it's because 9 times out of 10 they end up throwing the song back at clubs like us when they get their inevitable late winner/ equaliser - also the song just reinforces everyone's obsession with them. They love it!

Whitey - You're a top bloke and as big a Saints fan as pretty much anyone on here, however no way can I agree that people can/ do make as much noise sat down as stood up. Also broadcasters would absolutely hate a stale, 100% sat down Premier league. Imagine Spurs v Chelsea with 40k fans sat down politely singing "Glory glory Tottenham Hotspur" instead of the absolute bear pit it actually is? At St Marys the loudest away support is always 100% stood (West Ham for me being the loudest this season), clubs like Hull that have a load sat down nowhere near as loud.

For me the atmosphere yesterday was good in parts, I was directly behind the goal and obviously everyone there was stood and up for it, however let's be honest the constant OWTSGMI every 5 minutes (or less) is ****ing boring. Should be sung 2/ 3 times per game tops, loses impact completely otherwise.

Which is no problem. The problem is everyone thinking that people should agree with their way of watching footie. Its never a problem at SMS because birds of a feather flock together. Yesterday we were all spread out and mixed up. Seems to me in those areas there were problems everyone needed to just be a bit more considerate and respectful and go with the flow but clearly in a crowd of 32,000 there are always going to be a few who couldn't.

..... which is the correct answer!

were you the bald fella in i'm guessing about row 29?

Don't be a victim mate, stopping supporting your club over what looked at most a slap off a chav seems a bit OTT

Yep .. but calling me bald is harsh :)

He was a chav yes ... it was a feeble attempt i agree and I told him that at the time, agreed I shouldn't have questioned his technique but it didn't end there with his dad and I can assure you I have a cracking bruise, egg on my head and a splitting head ache.

The intent and the stupidity was clear but I agree with above, perhaps a way of better linking fans in the cup final would avoid this so that those who are perhaps more agitated in there seat can be together.

I was sitting in block 531 and one bloke nearby was filming the whole match (streaming it on Periscope I think) and then intermittently screaming "Red Army". At the beginning he was having a go at those of us around him for not joining in with some of his chants by saying he had a load of "nonces around him" - brilliant- nice friendly way to ingratiate yourself with those around you.

Amusingly he missed the second goal as he was still on the concourse availing himself of the substandard offerings.

Later on in the game there was a fracas in front of us and an older couple who couldn't see (as the people in front of them were standing up the whole time) complained and the husband got a punch for his efforts.

Sad state of affairs really but that's life- it's only when so many people congregate together in such large numbers that you realise that there are a lot of idiots out there with no respect for other people!!....

I was sitting in block 531 and one bloke nearby was filming the whole match (streaming it on Periscope I think) and then intermittently screaming "Red Army". At the beginning he was having a go at those of us around him for not joining in with some of his chants by saying he had a load of "nonces around him" - brilliant- nice friendly way to ingratiate yourself with those around you.

Amusingly he missed the second goal as he was still on the concourse availing himself of the substandard offerings.

Later on in the game there was a fracas in front of us and an older couple who couldn't see (as the people in front of them were standing up the whole time) complained and the husband got a punch for his efforts.

Sad state of affairs really but that's life- it's only when so many people congregate together in such large numbers that you realise that there are a lot of idiots out there with no respect for other people!!....

Do you mean that a lot of our fanbase are scum?

Asks the question why do you have to sit in a structure called a Stand??

Historical, innit. In France they are called 'Tribunes' which always makes me think about the Coliseum. You wouldn't have stood up in from of an emperor there or you would have been thrown to the lions accompanied by great cheers from the crowd and much waving of big red hands.

God no... But a small minority- f*ck yeah!!! Sub-human scum as Alan Partridge would say!

But on a serious note- I imagine those who behaved irresponsibly were pretty tanked up...

Oh in that case, if they were tanked up, that excuses them from their behaviour. Just a bit of bants and what happens away from home, innit?

Oh in that case, if they were tanked up, that excuses them from their behaviour. Just a bit of bants and what happens away from home, innit?

Occasion a bit too big for them. I saw more saints fans abusing fellow saints fans than saying anything back to the gobsh*te mancs before and after the game.

Yep .. but calling me bald is harsh :)

He was a chav yes ... it was a feeble attempt i agree and I told him that at the time, agreed I shouldn't have questioned his technique but it didn't end there with his dad and I can assure you I have a cracking bruise, egg on my head and a splitting head ache.

The intent and the stupidity was clear but I agree with above, perhaps a way of better linking fans in the cup final would avoid this so that those who are perhaps more agitated in there seat can be together.

If it was you then you've left out the fact that you were a gobby p1ssed up tw4t for most of the first half

Flip side is right, your flipped.

I can stand and do at away games because that is the accepted practise. My sons and I are tall enough to see over the heads of anyone but at home games as another poster said you know where those that stand want to be. Therefore I choose to sit and buy my ticket accordingly.

I suggest you delete what is a juvenile post.

AT Wembley next time, if there is a next time before you leave school, consider those around you, are they all standing? I would suggest not, I have had the odd person stand in front of me in St Marys and a quiet word tends to resolve the problem.

Every one here seems to think that those who sit are entitled to sit, yep fair enough they are. I have no argument with that but, on the flip side, why should somebody who wants to stand be bugged and annoyed by somebody behind them who does not!

There are always two sides to an argument, I'm just on the side where standing is king !

That does not make me a **** head , I was there with my dad and son, I was not the only stander. Most within say 10 seats and 5 rows wanted to but, the annoying little bloke behind ruined it for us !!

Where is the fairness in that ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk