Is Forster carrying an injury?

Useful Idiot

If he is not fit he should not be playing, it is as simple as that. We signed a back up in January so how about we use him..

Watched all three of our keepers warming up at Wembley and the best one was the French keeper.

Will also add the 3rd keeper other than Forster was shocking.

Maybe it's time to throw this Hassan on because the defence will soon start to lose faith too.

Not only does he have no footwork, no ability to get down, his confidence is shot.

It looks like he knows he's going to concede and expected to concede all shots. And he's panicking.

Instead the attitude to take is for him to think in his own head - I've got nothing to lose, I'm expected to concede, every save is a bonus. But he seems to just be panicking and having a brain freeze.

At Wembley a top keeper might have kept out all three Man Utd goals..

Not only does he have no footwork, no ability to get down, his confidence is shot.

It looks like he knows he's going to concede and expected to concede all shots. And he's panicking.

Instead the attitude to take is for him to think in his own head - I've got nothing to lose, I'm expected to concede, every save is a bonus. But he seems to just be panicking and having a brain freeze.

At Wembley a top keeper might have kept out all three Man Utd goals..

Now you're just being silly.

Now you're just being silly.

No he isn't, FriendlySaint is entirely justified in his view. All three goals were eminently savable (and that's not the first time this season it has been true of FF). While it may be fanciful to expect any keeper to have saved all three, it is certainly reasonable to expect an average PL keeper (and FF is currently nowhere near average in the PL) to have saved any one or two of the three, and on a very good day all three.

No he isn't, FriendlySaint is entirely justified in his view. All three goals were eminently savable (and that's not the first time this season it has been true of FF). While it may be fanciful to expect any keeper to have saved all three, it is certainly reasonable to expect an average PL keeper (and FF is currently nowhere near average in the PL) to have saved any one or two of the three, and on a very good day all three.

First definitely, second possibly, third no chance.

The thing is, if he is carrying an injury and his poor performances can be attributed to that, why is he always in the training pictures and videos? Surely they'd be wrapping him in cotton wool between games if he was struggling that badly, would he not?

I think the veil has just come down and people have realised that he isn't actually very good.

Reminds me of Chris Kirkland, who was going to be England's goalkeeper "for the next 20 years" as an overhyped youngster at first Coventry then Liverpool. 6' 6", boundless potential... aside from the fact that he couldn't dive. Literally had no spring in he legs at all. Couldn't move his feet. Like Forster, anything requiring a minor feat of agility was met with a slow, awkward flop to the floor in which he would cover barely any ground - and certainly get nowhere near saving the ball.

I hope the club are thinking they can do better - as far as saves to shots faced ratios this season, they'd struggle to do much worse.

Look at that Pogba shot in the first 5 minutes.

Straight at him from 25 yards and he double fisted it for a throw.

I mean fukcing hell, nobody within 12 yards of him and he could of easily stop it with his palms and gathered it or even caught the bloody thing.

Not once in the warm up does Watson our goal keeping coach who's hitting balls at him told him to punch the ****er into orbit.

Look at that Pogba shot in the first 5 minutes.

Straight at him from 25 yards and he double fisted it for a throw.

I mean fukcing hell, nobody within 12 yards of him and he could of easily stop it with his palms and gathered it or even caught the bloody thing.

Not once in the warm up does Watson our goal keeping coach who's hitting balls at him told him to punch the ****er into orbit.

I thought precisely the same. Really hope he's not playing against Watford. You have to ask how good Watson actually is.

If Fraser is not suffering from an injury then you have to ask what has happened to his ability between the sticks? It's not long ago that he seemed almost unbeatable and racked up numerous clean sheets. Ok, he had a solid defence in front of him but right now he is playing like a nervous kitten with absolute zero confidence. I hope he can somehow regain his confidence and get back to how he was last season because an in-form Fraser makes a real difference to our defence. However, if he continues in his present form then sadly I believe we'll need to replace him in the summer.

How is it knee jerk when he has been awful all season?

His kicking is appalling, he doesn't make big saves, he doesn't come off his line for crosses and he isn't particularly good at coming off his line to deal with through balls. What is he actually good at?

Yeah i totally agree with all you said,what does he offer in the way of confidence?...not a great deal.On his day yeah but whens it going to be our day?..........should have stopped the free kick and got near Lingards shot and came off his line to clatter the f...uc......k outta zlat.

Not sure why people suggest he had no chance with Ibras header. It went straight through his hands and I think I've seen a pic of his eyes being closed.

That should be saved 100% of the time by a 6 foot 7 goalkeeper at the highest level. Regulation save in my view.

Forster is hopeless. Everyone knows it now, even opposition fans. We need to get rid of him. He needs to be dropped now.

He is a good goalkeeper. Probably if he was as useful as you would hope he would end up leaving. I would think he is also a good influence in the dressing room. Back him don't undermine his confidence.

Not sure why people suggest he had no chance with Ibras header. It went straight through his hands and I think I've seen a pic of his eyes being closed.

Er... no it didn't It went between his head and his right arm. When a shot/header is that close a keeper never saves it, he just gets in the right place and hopes that it hits him. The ball is passed before it is humanly possible to react.

None of the professional writers or commentators in any of the media have even hinted that he should have saved this one. Save your anger for Stephens who wandered forward going AWOL and leaving a big gap in the centre when our defensive line needed him. You can see Ibra glance round and then step back into the hole. Rushing forward out of your line is always going to disrupt a defence. It did for Harold at Hastings.

Forster is obviously limited in his movement at the moment. To me, it seems that he has trouble pushing off on his right leg.

If Fraser is not suffering from an injury then you have to ask what has happened to his ability between the sticks? It's not long ago that he seemed almost unbeatable and racked up numerous clean sheets. Ok, he had a solid defence in front of him but right now he is playing like a nervous kitten with absolute zero confidence. I hope he can somehow regain his confidence and get back to how he was last season because an in-form Fraser makes a real difference to our defence. However, if he continues in his present form then sadly I believe we'll need to replace him in the summer.

FF was never actually that good. We have had great defences and defensive midfielders which protected him that's all.

Firmly believe that he really cannot carry on being picked because literally everyone knows he's awful now which will only encourage our opponents to attack and shoot on sight...

The whole dynamic of games will and has been changing because of his blindingly obvious failings.

MUST BE DROPPED....

I think the phrase "form is temporary, class is permanent" is applicable to Fraser - his form for (some of) last season was fantastic, but now he's showing his class.

He was a big improvement on Stekelenburg when he came back, and he had been subject to criticism very similar to what Foster is getting now.

I think it's clear now that the answer to the original question is yes. I agree that his performances have been below par, but some of the criticism on here has been ridiculous, lacking any sort of consideration or analysis of the problem.

He clearly isn't 100%, or even 75% fit but, rightly or wrongly, we have considered him still to be the best option whilst McCarthy is also out.

And, as we've reached a Cup final and maintained a mid-table position, that's fine by me. It hasn't helped that we've simultaneously lost our two first-choice centre backs. Maybe we hoped McCarthy would be fit sooner, but getting in reinforcements in January suggests that FF will eventually be rested.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

First definitely, second possibly, third no chance.

3rd should have been the easiest to save. Right at him, perfect height, but he drops his hands and almost ducks away from it?! Rule 1 of goalkeeping, make yourself big and imposing at all times.

I like Forster but he needs to be dropped (injury or not).

3rd should have been the easiest to save. Right at him, perfect height, but he drops his hands and almost ducks away from it?! Rule 1 of goalkeeping, make yourself big and imposing at all times.

I like Forster but he needs to be dropped (injury or not).

I don't normally use this language but.... you're talking total bullocks.

Drops his hands? Ducks away from it? It's past him before he can even blink. Watch it again, not in slow motion and this time make sure you're watching the right replay. Don't let your prejudices affect your judgments.

I'll agree that there was something wrong with the first goal, the second would have beaten most goalkeepers but the third would have beaten anybody that it didn't hit.

Drops his hands? Ducks away from it? It's past him before he can even blink. Watch it again, not in slow motion and this time make sure you're watching the right replay. Don't let your prejudices affect your judgments.

I'll agree that there was something wrong with the first goal, the second would have beaten most goalkeepers but the third would have beaten anybody that it didn't hit.

Agreed.

And recognising that he has been playing through an injury is not making excuses.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The thing to have done is to have said he was carrying a small strain to shield his embarrassment at being dropped for being cacka. Time to bite the bullet, Claude. Being 'big', is not enough in this league (or many I can think of). Try Hassan

I'm not sure what you mean? Please show where you disagree with any of my statement rather than trying to infer something which is not there.

Well first of all I disagree that he was a big improvement on Stekelenburg, and second of all, Stek was only signed as a temporary stopgap anyway, so even if he was it wouldn't exactly be much of a mitigating factor.

Forster is crap. And that's the beginning middle and end of it. His abilities were vastly overrepped by getting to play for a high-profile club like Celtic, where of course, he didn't actually have to be any good.

Simple reality is that he's a massive weakness within the team and there's a hard limit to how far up the table we can go with him at the helm. We had a ****ing magnificent defence in front of him for the past two years with a defensively-minded midfield giving him a world of protection.

For me, the thing that gives things away with Forster was VVD's reaction to his **** up at Palace.

He doesn't look shocked, or put his hands behind his head and shout "OMG :O", he just instantly spins angrily and shouts what's very clearly "oh... Fuuuuck Off" with impatience and irritability - almost as if he's always known that Forster was a fairly crap keeper and he's been waiting for/expecting something like that to happen - rather than it being a total surprise.

Well first of all I disagree that he was a big improvement on Stekelenburg, and second of all, Stek was only signed as a temporary stopgap anyway, so even if he was it wouldn't exactly be much of a mitigating factor.

Forster is crap. And that's the beginning middle and end of it. His abilities were vastly overrepped by getting to play for a high-profile club like Celtic, where of course, he didn't actually have to be any good.

Simple reality is that he's a massive weakness within the team and there's a hard limit to how far up the table we can go with him at the helm. We had a ****ing magnificent defence in front of him for the past two years with a defensively-minded midfield giving him a world of protection.

For me, the thing that gives things away with Forster was VVD's reaction to his **** up at Palace.

He doesn't look shocked, or put his hands behind his head and shout "OMG :O", he just instantly spins angrily and shouts what's very clearly "oh... Fuuuuck Off" with impatience and irritability - almost as if he's always known that Forster was a fairly crap keeper and he's been waiting for/expecting something like that to happen - rather than it being a total surprise.

I would like to disagree with this. But I can't - he really is an average goalkeeper.

Why does forster 9 times out of 10 kick the ball either straight out of play or straight to the opposition even when under absolutely no pressure?

Its pretty obvious now to every team in the league hit it low & anywhere other than the centre of goal and you will score

I've watched it a few times and still think he should do better. As others have mentioned he absolutely should have come for the ball in the first place, but even so he still flaps and drops his hands. Watch the video from behind the goal.

I've watched it a few times and still think he should do better. As others have mentioned he absolutely should have come for the ball in the first place, but even so he still flaps and drops his hands. Watch the video from behind the goal.

Doesn't flap or drop his hands at all. At the moment the ball flashes past his head to his right both his hands are in the air. The ball is past him before it is humanly possible to react. The nerve signals just can't get to the muscles in time, and that's after the delay through the visual cortex. In order to make a save it is necessary to try to anticipate where the ball is going to go but this is not easy with a header, which can go in any direction. With a kick you can get some idea from the movement of the leg but even then a miskick, bobble or deflection will take it past you. There was no time to come for the ball either, it would have gone into an empty net. If you think that you're ever going to see a keeper come for that cross or save a firm close-range header then you're going to be disappointed. They don't ever save them, the ball hits them. I have seen the shot from behind the goal. All the game's incidents were analysed on MNF and no professional commentator has criticised Forster for that goal on either TV or in the press. You have unrealistic expectations.

I suppose you think that DeGea should have saved our three goals too?