Is Forster carrying an injury?

Useful Idiot

His performances this year have been a long way below par.

To me, he generally seems to be moving stiffly and seems incredibly uncomfortable when kicking.

Is he carrying an injury that is impacting his performances but we're having to play him because of lack of competition in goal?

The save that Degea made yesterday from JWP´s great shoot - thats the saves FF never makes : ( low Curled balls near the far post seems to be the goals he let´s in very often sadly. So my guess he is injured - back is my guess? But hey I´m no doctor but as a Goalie Coach that see goalies every week perform - I can see something is wrong for sure.

I'm not convinced he has an injury but he's certainly not athletic enough to be a top class keeper. He's a big lad.

He'd be one I'd be looking to move on during the summer.

There were times last season when he won games virtually on his own. He didn't seem to have the problem of getting down that he obviously now has. Something isn't right with him.

I thought he should have done better with the first but I watched the kick again last night and there mitigating circumstances. The wall was a poor shape. The kick was very powerful and driven straight over the head of Steven Davis who didn't even try to jump. There was a vicious late swerve away to Forster's right which didn't help either. It was a strange free kick, one you don't see very often and at the time I thought it must have gone straight through the wall. Orion should never have made that tackle in the first place.

He had no chance with the other two goals, let's not pretend otherwise.

I try and defend players but FF made a cardinal error yesterday.

I have for a while questioned Dave Watsons abilities as a goalkeeping coach, none of our keepers have improved under his stewardship.Surely positioning at a free kick should be worked on or talked about. He is so flat footed, I thought you should be on the toes waiting to spring.

De Gea made a magnificent save from JWP, I doubt FF would have got near it.

Unless it's straight at him (basically just hitting him due to his size) he doesn't save anything.

Should have done better with the first 2 imo (maybe 2nd is slightly harsh)...

If we get a decent offer for him over the summer we should cash him in and find replacement

I try and defend players but FF made a cardinal error yesterday.

I have for a while questioned Dave Watsons abilities as a goalkeeping coach, none of our keepers have improved under his stewardship.Surely positioning at a free kick should be worked on or talked about. He is so flat footed, I thought you should be on the toes waiting to spring.

De Gea made a magnificent save from JWP, I doubt FF would have got near it.

Positioning at a free kick doesn't matter a jot when an opposition player pulls out of a wall leaving a gaping hole to be shot through and you've just let it happen.

That's something that obviously needs to be worked on.

Forsters demeanour all season has been lethargic, something is not right with him.

I suppose he might be carrying an injury which is slightly restricting his movement as he is certainly not getting close to anything, or has lost faith in his back line.

Whatever it is it needs to be sorted as it is costing us.

I'm not going to jump onto the bandwagon certain people are seemingly keen to (i.e he's always been crap, L1 keeper etc). He's not right this year though, his mobility was better than this before. He's having a truly forgettable season and the only thing I can attribute to it is that he's carrying an injury of sorts. He hasn't been this bad before.

Positioning at a free kick doesn't matter a jot when an opposition player pulls out of a wall leaving a gaping hole to be shot through and you've just let it happen.

He was far to close to his near post and the ball went it about 4 foot from his far post from a shot 30 odd yards out.

I want FF to do well but at present he has lost his nerve

I was told Forster has an ongoing hamstring problem and it's effecting his performance.

He is being forced to play as we keep having bad bad luck in that department.

thats interesting as Yosh was trying to take the ball short at goalkicks, perhapstrying to protect his leg

Forsters demeanour all season has been lethargic, something is not right with him.

I suppose he might be carrying an injury which is slightly restricting his movement as he is certainly not getting close to anything, or has lost faith in his back line.

Whatever it is it needs to be sorted as it is costing us.

Maybe its his wallet weighing him down 90K a week and the teams highest earning player..

He is quite far over to his left, assuming the way is covering the right but he just left a big area that he could never cover?

Zlatan just put it there, it was a good free kick but it wasn't Payet quality where you thought no keeper would ever save that.

IMO he should have been more central for a free kick in that area of the pitch.

He is quite far over to his left, assuming the way is covering the right but he just left a big area that he could never cover?

Zlatan just put it there, it was a good free kick but it wasn't Payet quality where you thought no keeper would ever save that.

IMO he should have been more central for a free kick in that area of the pitch.

If Herrera's gap hadn't existed the shot would have probably just hit the wall. The kick in itself was nothing exceptional, getting the hole to put it through was. At the end of the day the wall desolidarised and was completely useless because Davis didn't jump.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Lovely bit of knee jerk reactions again

How is it knee jerk when he has been awful all season?

His kicking is appalling, he doesn't make big saves, he doesn't come off his line for crosses and he isn't particularly good at coming off his line to deal with through balls. What is he actually good at?

How is it knee jerk when he has been awful all season?

His kicking is appalling, he doesn't make big saves, he doesn't come off his line for crosses and he isn't particularly good at coming off his line to deal with through balls. What is he actually good at?

Who knows but the team are certainly carrying him!

Did anyone see the two young lads who tried to jib in about 3 o'clock right round on the far right hand side of the concourse of the lower tier? They came in through a side turnstile close by a wheelchair, they clearly didn't have tickets, they got to the second line of security and were challenged by lady steward, they put up a very weak bluff about being with someone, the lady wasn't having any of it and called for assistance and tried to block them, one bottled it and gave himself up and one broke clean through and sprinted through the concourse and I guess out into the bowl as he came in at pretty much at a dead end. Took them a good half minute to react before a couple of stewards hot footed after him but he was well away by then, wonder if he got picked up via CCTV or if he saw the game?

Anybody any tout tales? Did prices fall at KO time? Saw some Mancs and touts having a right set to just under the tunnel as we came off the tube at about 14-00.

I have wondered the same about injury as well. He's always been a big lump but his movement does seem to have got considerably worse this season, so must be something behind that?

Maybe time to give the new keeper a go for a few games?

Would definitely back this. If Forster's injured (holding his leg, very slow etc) then he shouldn't be playing - his performances haven't warranted continual selection and surely the new guy cant be that bad?!

Did anyone see the two young lads who tried to jib in about 3 o'clock right round on the far right hand side of the concourse of the lower tier? They came in through a side turnstile close by a wheelchair, they clearly didn't have tickets, they got to the second line of security and were challenged by lady steward, they put up a very weak bluff about being with someone, the lady wasn't having any of it and called for assistance and tried to block them, one bottled it and gave himself up and one broke clean through and sprinted through the concourse and I guess out into the bowl as he came in at pretty much at a dead end. Took them a good half minute to react before a couple of stewards hot footed after him but he was well away by then, wonder if he got picked up via CCTV or if he saw the game?

Anybody any tout tales? Did prices fall at KO time? Saw some Mancs and touts having a right set to just under the tunnel as we came off the tube at about 14-00.

yep was with my mate who bought off a tout towards KO (at 4ish), at price of £180 in Utd end, he hated being up there but had no choice. but he got really good seats tbf to him (halfway line back of category 1 behind Jose)

he found 2 people selling tickets with no qr code also he told me! and he was saying how dodgy all the touts looked too, we both got to Wembley Park at 2pm, where prices were quoted between 300-350 pounds, at that point we went to the pub till he left at 3:30 in search of a ticket, i only caught up with him again after the game. his deal was done behind a van :lol:

He's average, and always has been.

Arsenal aside I can't remember one game we've won or got a point because if him. The first goal yesterday was typical, you could see what was going to happen a mile out. Personally I think he's been found out , shoot low and he's got no chance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I thought he should have done better with the first but I watched the kick again last night and there mitigating circumstances. The wall was a poor shape. The kick was very powerful and driven straight over the head of Steven Davis who didn't even try to jump. There was a vicious late swerve away to Forster's right which didn't help either. It was a strange free kick, one you don't see very often and at the time I thought it must have gone straight through the wall. Orion should never have made that tackle in the first place.

He had no chance with the other two goals, let's not pretend otherwise.

It was written in the stars.

It was written in the stars.

LOL

Bloody iPad autocorrect.

We could talk about predestination all day long. Whenever I read such things I am always reminded of the scenes in Lawrence of Arabia where whatever happens the answer is always " Ah! Then it is written!" There's no arguing with that.

'There's a divinity that shapes our ends,

Rough-hew them how we will.'

Hamlet, Act 5, Scene 2