Markus Flag

red&white56

I was very pleased to see that Markus flag was brought out at Wembley yesterday. It was a great way to honour him and I was proud that as a member of the forum I helped to get this flag made.

However I didn't realise / know that the flag would feature - does anyone have any background on the decision to bring and show the flag at Wembley?

IMG_1790.jpg

I was very pleased to see that Markus flag was brought out at Wembley yesterday. It was a great way to honour him and I was proud that as a member of the forum I helped to get this flag made.

However I didn't realise / know that the flag would feature - does anyone have any background on the decision to bring and show the flag at Wembley?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2371[/ATTACH]

I emailed them and asked

Great stuff, we were prob a bit 'premature' getting it out a good 5 mins before the teams came out so prob not seen on telly. But that might have been a Wembley type decision? Hopefully Kat saw it, liked it, and lets it out more often. Would be great to see it passed around SMS for big games.

Was a cracking gesture right enough. As others have asked, who owns it? And yes, it should be brought out for big games at SMS.

Owned / stored by the club I think.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe Kat didn't like it, perhaps at the time it was all a little raw for her?

As some time has now passed, i'd love to see that going round St Marys before every home game.. Think it'd help raise atmosphere before game as well.

Am I the only person that noticed it was A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FLAG then?

Most obviously there was a completely different (official Saints) font for the text, different proportions of Markus in a different area of the flag (eg his waving arm is at the bottom of the new one, but there was red space below the waving arm on the original), and though I have nothing for scale to confirm this, pretty sure the Wembley one is a bit bigger too.

Need a decent pic of the Wembley flag for a decent comparison - but it is not this one:

Liebherr original flag July 11.jpg

Here we go... a nice compare and contrast - most obvious differences are the amount of red space above Markus' head and the font. Angle of the elbow bend also not the same... can't comment about earlobes though.

Liebherr contrast.jpg

Edited by The9

Am I the only person that noticed it was A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FLAG then?

Most obviously there was a completely different (official Saints) font for the text, different proportions of Markus in a different area of the flag (eg his waving arm is at the bottom of the new one, but there was red space below the waving arm on the original), and though I have nothing for scale to confirm this, pretty sure the Wembley one is a bit bigger too.

Need a decent pic of the Wembley flag for a decent comparison - but it is not this one:

attachment.php?attachmentid=2372&stc=1

You're right, didn't notice it at the time as I only got to my seat as they were rolling it up and also I would never have noticed such a thing anyway!

attachment.php?attachmentid=2374&stc=1

Maybe the original was stored poorly or lost?

markus.jpg

Owned / stored by the club I think.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe Kat didn't like it, perhaps at the time it was all a little raw for her?

As some time has now passed, i'd love to see that going round St Marys before every home game.. Think it'd help raise atmosphere before game as well.

Cheers! :thumbup: