Season Tickets 2017-2018

saints1988

By freezing prices BUT NOT offering an early bird discount, the Club have effectively upped prices by last seasons % of the EBD. Very sly move and guaranteed to upset fans like me who do not even get a senior discount for where we sit in the Itchen.

FMBTASMBOTB

Yes, very annoying.

We are paying the same as they away fans so the club is correct. Virgin are paying the £10 back, not the club. The club charge £30, Virgin give them a tenner back.

It's really not hard to grasp. Virgin, not Saints. Virgin. V.I.R.G.I.N. VIRGIN.

I'm not. £682 and previously was categorised as wings then to centre to hoover up a bit more cash.

I will moan every season as traditional but fck this appreciative wow they froze my price bo llocks. Oooooh an my council tax has gone up. Cnts are awash with cash giving it to agents and many undeserving players.

As the oft quoted Uli Hoeness states neither here nor there when they negotiate huge fees but £100 off everyone's ST is £2.5m - fck all in scheme of things.

Uh? I thought the price is frozen at last year's Early Bird Discount...Have you read the rest of this thread?

yeah...Wayman has got it wrong.

I have notification that my renewal is the same price as last season's early bird price. So not sure where he is coming from!!!

yeah...Wayman has got it wrong.

I have notification that my renewal is the same price as last season's early bird price. So not sure where he is coming from!!!

Of course they wouldn't say they were freezing and then make renewals more expensive than last year. They are same as last year and year before that for me.

The current family area is currently nearly all season ticket holders so the club must think there is demand for more and on the basis existing season ticket holders can stay in those blocks it won't be so many seats for sale.

By having this change and new season ticket holders benefitting from the renewal price I think the club are hoping to boost the overall number of season ticket holders. This will reduce the number of game by game match tickets available which may then make being a member worthwhile if that could be the only way of getting a ticket for big games, they'd have to get season ticket sales up considerably from the current 21k for that to be the case though.

Less tickets for fans and any empty seats won't be filled due to the same family stand restrictions.

Current family stand is big enough and if season tickets have been sold out in recent seasons this really is crazy.

If there was 4000 empty seats at games it would work but it's a handful

I'd moan a lot less if I could get family stand prices for me and the boy in the Kingsland north as we like a bit of atmosphere, don't personally see why the difference in price I have to pay 3 times the price for the boy ?

About time new season ticket holders could buy a ticket for the same price as an existing season ticket holder. Not terribly impressed at people on here upset about it. Anyone willing to stump up £600 to watch Saints should be welcomed with open arms. Why would you not want more of these committed fans to stand alongside you cheering the team on?

By freezing prices BUT NOT offering an early bird discount, the Club have effectively upped prices by last seasons % of the EBD. Very sly move and guaranteed to upset fans like me who do not even get a senior discount for where we sit in the Itchen.

FMBTASMBOTB

no they haven't..you still get your early bird price and it's the same as you paid last year? You must be looking for another discount on top of that?

Is there any point having a two teir system if we sold a decent amount of season tickets last year as potentially it's just a couple of thousand extra season tickets to be sold at the higher price.

I suppose the question is does a discount for having a ticket the season before, actually make much difference to people renewing or not?

i can't see the club can be criticised too much for this IMO..ultimately why should someone wanting a season ticket this year have to pay more for the same product as I pay just because I had one last year?

I think it's a joke renewals are the same as new buys , and we're still paying more than away fans which the club said last season the pricing of £30 a game ensures home fans don't pay more than away fans ! Loyalty means nothing these days !

We don't know for definite that Virgin will carry on subsidising away fans, do we?

**** sake, what's up with some people. Frozen prices is pretty damn decent. Who gives a **** whether newbies pay the same amount or away supporters are subsidised. I get the impression some people would be happier to pay a 5% increase, provided newbies paid 10% extra. What do they want to do, wave their renewal receipt around to prove their long term support?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

About time new season ticket holders could buy a ticket for the same price as an existing season ticket holder. Not terribly impressed at people on here upset about it. Anyone willing to stump up £600 to watch Saints should be welcomed with open arms. Why would you not want more of these committed fans to stand alongside you cheering the team on?

Indeed. Perhaps worth bearing in mind that in a lot of industries (insurance, utilities, etc), new customers actually get better deals than existing customers to entice them to sign up.

Indeed. Perhaps worth bearing in mind that in a lot of industries (insurance, utilities, etc), new customers actually get better deals than existing customers to entice them to sign up.

Maybe the PL should bring an easy switch program so we can switch to the best ST deal each season

"Well yeah last year I went with Chelsea but this year I got a better deal with Burnley" .....

We don't know for definite that Virgin will carry on subsidising away fans, do we?

The only issue there is Virgin didn't make that away fans special offer announcement until after the buying window shut last summer.

What is amusing on here is that some folks are getting whipped up and all the club has done is release the fact that the sale of season tickets for next season go on sale from the 4th April.

Someone got "excited" and asked when the cut off was earlier in this thread "because I couldn't see it anywhere". When if you read the OS, the announcement is a bit like a teaser on TV or at the cinema only its "Season Tickets are for sale from next week" with the strap line of prices are frozen, with some being reduced.

For the last few seasons the team has been on an upwards trajectory with positives to sell the benefits of a ST off the back of, at the moment after our first indifferent season for years, next season has no gems like Europa league participation to sell off the back of. Maybe if we had won the EFL cup and qualified things might have been different in the sales pitch. Rightt now I think our only visible possible route into Europe is via the FairPlay qualification, where we currently have the least number yellow cards in the league.

Wait to next week, and the official launch, before starting to froth at the mouth and bark at the moon.

Lots of heat, but not much light. I had a quick look last night and unless I've completely mis-read it looks to me like 'renewals' get it at last year's renewal price, and anybody buying a new ST (when that window opens) will get it at that same price? Unless I've hopelessly misread it, it looks like a price freeze for anybody that bought at last year's renewal price, a price cut for anybody that was a first year last-year, and that new customers can join at last season's renewal price?

The take-away is that most customers will pay the same, some will pay less than last year, and new ones can join at last year's discounted price. Not many things staying the same/going down at the moment so hats off to the club!

Or a canny move by the club (and/or a response to some of the alleged dross served up this season); match-day tickets at £30-£40 a pop to watch mid-table mediocrity will increasingly become a discretionary purchase as the economic winds blow in ... good move to try to grow the core support, particularity the offer of more and cheaper family tkts.

I'm more than happy with my offer and will be renewing x2.

Maybe the PL should bring an easy switch program so we can switch to the best ST deal each season

"Well yeah last year I went with Chelsea but this year I got a better deal with Burnley" .....

I almost signed up for a Pompey insurance deal until I realised it was only 3rd party fire and theft...(mainly theft actually)

Edited by trousers

If you were Virgin would you subsidise the same home fans every game or subsidise a new set of away fans every game so that fans of every club in the league talk about your generosity?

As I said, "I know why Virgin Media have done it ... but that doesn't make it any less irritating".

As I said, "I know why Virgin Media have done it ... but that doesn't make it any less irritating".

Also it would've cost virgin exactly the same amount of money for them to discount all of our away tickets in the league and probably would've got the same amount of coverage in the press.

I don't actually believe that Virgin expect match going fans to suddenly switch providers because some of them got a discount on away tickets, what they wanted was a big bang marketing event that played into the Twenties Plenty campaign. Something that could've been done by doing the discount for all our away games instead.

Also it would've cost virgin exactly the same amount of money for them to discount all of our away tickets in the league and probably would've got the same amount of coverage in the press.

I don't actually believe that Virgin expect match going fans to suddenly switch providers because some of them got a discount on away tickets, what they wanted was a big bang marketing event that played into the Twenties Plenty campaign. Something that could've been done by doing the discount for all our away games instead.

As said previously, I can understand why they have done it, but agree with what you have said above (they would have received the same amount of marketing had they done it for us).

My biggest gripe is that not one other club the PL have charged us £20 this year. In fact every ticket is now £30, some of which would have been £20/£25 last year I suspect. Personally, without looking at the figures, I'd say that the £30 away rule has actually balanced itself out and we're (those who attend every away) not saving anything.

As said previously, I can understand why they have done it, but agree with what you have said above (they would have received the same amount of marketing had they done it for us).

My biggest gripe is that not one other club the PL have charged us £20 this year. In fact every ticket is now £30, some of which would have been £20/£25 last year I suspect. Personally, without looking at the figures, I'd say that the £30 away rule has actually balanced itself out and we're (those who attend every away) not saving anything.

You're saving £15 to £20 at the like of Utd and the dippers but losing £5 at the likes of the baggies. Arsenal and Stoke kept their away fan prices the same.

I don't think it's as bad as that, there are some away grounds that were ludicrously expensive which have now been brought into line, while some of the cheaper ones (but there weren't many) have taken the opportunity to squeeze a few more quid because they can.

Looking back through my purchase history for last season, here is what we paid before the £30 cap came into force:

Newcastle £37

Watford £36

West Brom £25

Chelsea £50

Liverpool

Sunderland £34

Man City £42

Crystal Palace £40

West Ham £45 (50% subsidised by SFC, so we paid SFC £22.50)

Norwich £45 (50% subsidised by SFC, so we paid SFC £22.50)

Man United

Arsenal £26

Swansea £35

Bournemouth £33

Stoke £25

Leicester £35

Everton

Aston Villa £41

Tottenham £37

Liverpool, Man United and Everton prices missing as I didn't go to those, but they were at the top end of the pricing - think Man United might have been £50, Liverpool and Everton around £42.

From that, it's only West Brom, Arsenal and Stoke who charged us less than £30 last season. Stoke kept theirs at £25 this season, with West Brom and Arsenal increasing to £30.

That means that, from the 16 of the 19 away games where prices are listed above, we've saved £109 from comparable games this season. Add in the three rough estimates and that's up to £153.

Fans of clubs like us who previously used to be in low-rated price categories for our opponents would have saved the least from the new price cap, while supporters of the big clubs would have benefited the most as they'd have been paying Category A everywhere.

The proof of whether the virgin discount was worth it to them commercially will be whether other sponsors follow suit next season. Personally I can't see any benefit to them at all, but if there is surely others will do it. I'm thinking particularly of betting companies . I can't see someone flying emirates just because of subsidies, but away fans must fill the betting co demographics

I don't think it's as bad as that, there are some away grounds that were ludicrously expensive which have now been brought into line, while some of the cheaper ones (but there weren't many) have taken the opportunity to squeeze a few more quid because they can.

Looking back through my purchase history for last season, here is what we paid before the £30 cap came into force:

Newcastle £37

Watford £36

West Brom £25

Chelsea £50

Liverpool

Sunderland £34

Man City £42

Crystal Palace £40

West Ham £45 (50% subsidised by SFC, so we paid SFC £22.50)

Norwich £45 (50% subsidised by SFC, so we paid SFC £22.50)

Man United

Arsenal £26

Swansea £35

Bournemouth £33

Stoke £25

Leicester £35

Everton

Aston Villa £41

Tottenham £37

Liverpool, Man United and Everton prices missing as I didn't go to those, but they were at the top end of the pricing - think Man United might have been £50, Liverpool and Everton around £42.

From that, it's only West Brom, Arsenal and Stoke who charged us less than £30 last season. Stoke kept theirs at £25 this season, with West Brom and Arsenal increasing to £30.

That means that, from the 16 of the 19 away games where prices are listed above, we've saved £109 from comparable games this season. Add in the three rough estimates and that's up to £153.

Fans of clubs like us who previously used to be in low-rated price categories for our opponents would have saved the least from the new price cap, while supporters of the big clubs would have benefited the most as they'd have been paying Category A everywhere.

Man U was only cost us £30 last season.

Everton, £39.

Liverpool, Mane. :x

Or just sign up for every other clubs members list or system and sit in the away end every match !

The proof of whether the virgin discount was worth it to them commercially will be whether other sponsors follow suit next season. Personally I can't see any benefit to them at all, but if there is surely others will do it. I'm thinking particularly of betting companies . I can't see someone flying emirates just because of subsidies, but away fans must fill the betting co demographics

Absolutely no way anyone, including Virgin, will do it next season. The value was in being the first to do it and get the coverage, now it's done there's no value at all as it won't get headlines so bears no fruit to the marketing team's ROI.

Right now I think our only visible possible route into Europe is via the FairPlay qualification, where we currently have the least number yellow cards in the league.

The last Fair Play qualification for Europe was in 2015/16 when West Ham got in via that route and lost to Astana in the 3rd Qualifying Round, the round before Saints joined the competition, not to be confused with 2016/17 when West Ham got in via League position in the 4th Qualifying Round and lost to Astana in the Playoff round, the round before Saints joined the competition.

But anyway, there aren't any Fair Play positions any more so we will need to come 7th, at worst, to qualify - which we won't. Though to be honest I don't know why European qualification is a selling point for buying Premier League season tickets - has even ONE person bought an ST to get priority for Thursday night matches?

Won't be renewing, nothing to do with pricing, just had enough of not going to 3pm games on a Saturday. Too much hassle with travel any other time, hopefully streams will be working still.

I am going to renew, but my love for the game is waning. Love Saints though, always will. My 40th year of watching them, who know, might be the last as well. I also don't really like having to renew the ST without knowing who is going to be playing for us. Depressing seeing all our good players going every summer. Maybe my time is up and its for the next generation to take over. Can't go with my old man anymore as his dementia is too far advanced, and that was one of the reasons for renewing.

Won't be renewing, nothing to do with pricing, just had enough of not going to 3pm games on a Saturday. Too much hassle with travel any other time, hopefully streams will be working still.

Agreed re the kick off times but with us not being in Europe next season, there should, hopefully be more on Saturday at 3pm. Going to Hull on a Sunday afternoon was a major pain in the ar$e.

This for me sadly. I didn't renew last year (despite having been an ST holder of ten years and a supporter for over 60 years) because of the increase in evening midweek matches, and because I teach Wednesday evenings. Travelling some distance made attending other evenings difficult. 3pm matches at St Mary's on Saturdays are becoming a rarity. Perhaps the club should initiate Saturday only season tickets, with refunds for matches transferred to midweek. Wishful impractical thinking.

This for me sadly. I didn't renew last year (despite having been an ST holder of ten years and a supporter for over 60 years) because of the increase in evening midweek matches, and because I teach Wednesday evenings. Travelling some distance made attending other evenings difficult. 3pm matches at St Mary's on Saturdays are becoming a rarity. Perhaps the club should initiate Saturday only season tickets, with refunds for matches transferred to midweek. Wishful impractical thinking.

I think that'll be the case for me, it's been a bit of a nightmare with the Europa games on top and can't justify coming down on so many weeknights.

there was only one planned midweek home game this season against Palace in the league, of the other two one was due to us getting to Wembley and the other due to our opponents good FA Cup run, Spur although Midweek was over Christmas period and actually made it easier to travel too as trains running

Lack of Home Saturday 3Pm games however is a continual problem, this season we will have only played 5

Just received an email from the club nudging about renewing (as usual I'll renew on deadline day) and it contained a few interesting facts and figures. Assuming we have (as mentioned here and there) around 23,000 season ticket holders it was a bit surprising to see only 19,548 used their ST to buy a ticket for Wembley, 3,500 didn't!

Just received an email from the club nudging about renewing (as usual I'll renew on deadline day) and it contained a few interesting facts and figures. Assuming we have (as mentioned here and there) around 23,000 season ticket holders it was a bit surprising to see only 19,548 used their ST to buy a ticket for Wembley, 3,500 didn't!

we don't have 23,000 season ticket holders. It's about 20,500.

i can understand people in two minds about renewing, fixture changes are a headache and this season we have scored fewer home league goals than i can remember in a long long time so fans are just not enjoying it as much.

Let's hope for a good result tonight to give us a boost.

My renewal is 682 for Itchen North Centre, though they used to be wings (B4). That is just about 36 quid a game, what is the day rate on games presently? I wonder how many games you miss to make it unfeasible? As above, fixture changes, holidays all contribute, as well as the standard of play being a lot less entertaining than previously. I know I will renew but if we persist with Puel and it does not improve next season I would reconsider going forward, especially as I have to buy my kid's one too.

If one renews now and we get relegated, will there be a refund?

Obviously this will be the case, however, should we win the league you will be required to pay double and if we win a cup there will be a 50% surcharge !

Hopefully these terms are acceptable to you ?

Best wishes,

Kat.

I'm probably 70/30 to renew I'm not going tonight and have had to miss another 3 or 4 games this season too add to that the dull football has made my boy to start losing interest in going I'm struggling to justify it atm!