Season Tickets 2017-2018

saints1988

• 4 weeks later...

My seat on the Itchen/Chapel corner is now a family area. Hope that doesn't mean Dad and I need to change. We were kicked out of the other family section a few years ago.

Yes, after checking the FAQ's, we have to move. Not happy.

No discount for renewals or will they be releasing that separately?

Yeah, it looks like renewals and new tickets are the same price for the first time which is...rather a p*ss take.

Also, do they really need THAT many family seats!? To buy tickets in there you HAVE to have a child with you I believe...considering not everyone with a kid goes in those sections, I'm betting there'll be a lot of empty seats.

h8TqL73.png

Considering there were two sets of prices last season (one for renewals and one for new buyers), they can't all be frozen prices, can they.

Anyone got a link to the prices from last season? Have they frozen them at the renewal price or the new buyer price? If the latter then it's actually an increase for current STHs.

EDIT: I've found the article about prices last time round, but the images of the prices have been mysteriously removed. I even looked at the source code - the images have actually been removed, they aren't just not loading.

Edited by Saint_clark

They've been frozen at last years renewal price - £570. Works out at £30 a game. This was to make sure we didn't pay more then away fans....who ended up paying just £20 a game and will probably again next season too.

Yeah, it looks like renewals and new tickets are the same price for the first time which is...rather a p*ss take.

Why is it a "**** take"? It actually makes no difference to existing season ticket holders, their price is frozen at last year's prices.

Considering there were two sets of prices last season (one for renewals and one for new buyers), they can't all be frozen prices, can they.

Anyone got a link to the prices from last season? Have they frozen them at the renewal price or the new buyer price? If the latter then it's actually an increase for current STHs.

They are frozen at last season's renewal price.

So it is now significantly cheaper to become a new season ticket holder, which may help attract more.

They've been frozen at last years renewal price - £570. Works out at £30 a game. This was to make sure we didn't pay more then away fans....who ended up paying just £20 a game and will probably again next season too.

Well that's good news then, if slightly annoying that there's even less reward for being a long term season ticket holder than before.

Why is it a "**** take"? It actually makes no difference to existing season ticket holders, their price is frozen at last year's prices.

So it is now significantly cheaper to become a new season ticket holder, which may help attract more.

If it helps bring back people who couldn't afford to go, great. Unfortunately there are also more plastics and people who will buy a season ticket just for the big games, leaving empty seats for the majority of the season.

Not happy if I have to move. My "child" has not been a child for a few years now.

Actually, scratch my above response.....

Good morning Colin,

Thank you for your email.

As you and your father are existing Season Ticket holders in the Itchen South, you won’t need to move out of the area if you don’t meet the Family Stand requirements, this applies to all current Season Ticket holders in this area – only new applicants into this area will need to have at least 1 Junior for every 2 Adults.

We are not pushing out or evicting any of our Season Ticket holders from where they currently sit, we have just opened this area of the stadium up as a Family friendly area. The Family Stand rules will only apply to new Season Ticket holders wanting to sit in this area. Current Season Ticket holders will not be affected by this change. Additionally as a current Season Ticket holders who sits in the Itchen South area you will now have the benefit of the Adult Family area price.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Good news.

Although, a little odd that it's the 'Itchen Family Area' when you access it from the Chapel concourse. But hey, splitting hairs now.

Edited by Colinjb

Actually, scratch my above response.....

Good news.

Although, a little odd that it's the 'Itchen Family Area' when you access it from the Chapel concourse. But hey, splitting hairs now.

That is good news, the way it was done when the Family stand was expanded into block 20 a couple of seasons back absolutely stank, every normal adult season ticket holder who had their seat in that block from day one at SMS went online and were refused a renewal without explanation. Early visitors to the ticket office window were told NO you can't renew those seats unless you are buying a junior ticket too. My mate went down to renew for the four of us together with an inkling of this but wanted to give is tuppence worth as he was a bit puddled off at the bugger you attitude about it all. Started the warming up to be Mr Angry but then backed down when he saw the young lady behind the glass had a look on her face of "oh no not another one please"....... I heard that someone further up the chain in customer relations decided that those of us to be evicted needn't be informed.

So you will be having to mind your P's & Q's during the game from next season then.

I think it's a joke renewals are the same as new buys , and we're still paying more than away fans which the club said last season the pricing of £30 a game ensures home fans don't pay more than away fans ! Loyalty means nothing these days !

I think it's a joke renewals are the same as new buys , and we're still paying more than away fans which the club said last season the pricing of £30 a game ensures home fans don't pay more than away fans ! Loyalty means nothing these days !

See your point but did you really expect the club to put adult prices in the Northam down to £380 to match the away fans?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Agreed. Strange decision and the first time that I can remember it happening.

You do know Virgin's decision to cap away tickets at £20 is nothing to do with Saints right? It's purely a marketing ploy.

I don't happen to agree with it either, they should be subsidising OUR away support but let's not blame the club for it.

As for new cost the same as renewal, big fu_cking deal. Renewals aren't paying any more so why drip. If it brings in more ST holders then that can only be a good thing, especially expanding the family centre. It's great value if you have a young un.

You do know Virgin's decision to cap away tickets at £20 is nothing to do with Saints right? It's purely a marketing ploy.

I don't happen to agree with it either, they should be subsidising OUR away support but let's not blame the club for it.

As for new cost the same as renewal, big fu_cking deal. Renewals aren't paying any more so why drip. If it brings in more ST holders then that can only be a good thing, especially expanding the family centre. It's great value if you have a young un.

to be fair Virgin did subsidise Man U away and paid for free coaches there too and are subsisdising Chelsea tickets which are now £20. so have subisidised us more than the other Premier league teams

they also subsidised Europa Lge Home Package and Home Pre season Friendly tickets

Actually considering inflation quite happy that they have frozen prices. Council tax and almost everything else has gone up...

to be fair Virgin did subsidise Man U away and paid for free coaches there too and are subsisdising Chelsea tickets which are now £20. so have subisidised us more than the other Premier league teams

The point being that EVERY away fan who comes to St Mary's has a subsidised ticket from OUR club sponsors - I know why Virgin Media have done it, they've already got a captive audience with our fanbase so it gives them exposure to the other 19 clubs as well, but that doesn't make it any less irritating.

Also, why subsidise trips to two of the most popular away games? They should have done free coaches to Hull on a Sunday and Everton on a Bank Holiday in January, not Man United when we'd have sold out anyway.

The point being that EVERY away fan who comes to St Mary's has a subsidised ticket from OUR club sponsors - I know why Virgin Media have done it, they've already got a captive audience with our fanbase so it gives them exposure to the other 19 clubs as well, but that doesn't make it any less irritating.

Also, why subsidise trips to two of the most popular away games? They should have done free coaches to Hull on a Sunday and Everton on a Bank Holiday in January, not Man United when we'd have sold out anyway.

don't disagree regards choice of games, but juast pointing out that although every away club has benefited from the £20 tickets, Saints Fans have had the opportunity to save far more than the £10 available to each away supporter

don't disagree regards choice of games, but juast pointing out that although every away club has benefited from the £20 tickets, Saints Fans have had the opportunity to save far more than the £10 available to each away supporter

That's not the point the point is the club stated last season "our pricing is designed so that home fans sat in the same areas don't pay more than the £30 away fans pay" and as much as we have been subsidised it hasn't been to the value of 180 squids and I couldn't care less about attracting more season ticket holders tbf !

I dont get the idea of having another family section as the current one is big enough and this will surely reduce the amount of regular adult tickets available, unless it doesnt have a child/adult together policy.

If you were Virgin would you subsidise the same home fans every game or subsidise a new set of away fans every game so that fans of every club in the league talk about your generosity?

That's not the point the point is the club stated last season "our pricing is designed so that home fans sat in the same areas don't pay more than the £30 away fans pay" and as much as we have been subsidised it hasn't been to the value of 180 squids and I couldn't care less about attracting more season ticket holders tbf !

We are paying the same as they away fans so the club is correct. Virgin are paying the £10 back, not the club. The club charge £30, Virgin give them a tenner back.

It's really not hard to grasp. Virgin, not Saints. Virgin. V.I.R.G.I.N. VIRGIN.

We are paying the same as they away fans so the club is correct. Virgin are paying the £10 back, not the club. The club charge £30, Virgin give them a tenner back.

It's really not hard to grasp. Virgin, not Saints. Virgin. V.I.R.G.I.N. VIRGIN.

I am still paying more per game than away fans , I don't care who subsidises it !

That's debatable. The family section is always one of the first to sell out each game

If there was a waiting list of 2000 for family section then i would think its passable.

I think this is just some daft PR stunt and really they should be looking to reduce ticket prices wholesale, if they are concerned with the empty seats in that area.

By freezing prices BUT NOT offering an early bird discount, the Club have effectively upped prices by last seasons % of the EBD. Very sly move and guaranteed to upset fans like me who do not even get a senior discount for where we sit in the Itchen.

FMBTASMBOTB

Uh? I thought the price is frozen at last year's Early Bird Discount...Have you read the rest of this thread?

If there was a waiting list of 2000 for family section then i would think its passable.

I think this is just some daft PR stunt and really they should be looking to reduce ticket prices wholesale, if they are concerned with the empty seats in that area.

The current family area is currently nearly all season ticket holders so the club must think there is demand for more and on the basis existing season ticket holders can stay in those blocks it won't be so many seats for sale.

By having this change and new season ticket holders benefitting from the renewal price I think the club are hoping to boost the overall number of season ticket holders. This will reduce the number of game by game match tickets available which may then make being a member worthwhile if that could be the only way of getting a ticket for big games, they'd have to get season ticket sales up considerably from the current 21k for that to be the case though.