TV Tax

Batman

Exactly. No surprise it's the usual sad and simple leftys campaigning for the poor to subsidise the tv and radio choices of the wealthy. Very confused as usual.
why has this become a left or right wing thing?

Do the BBC really need more money to slop around. Surely they could cut some of the slack and become a tad more efficient. The news department is massive and I recall Huw Edwards presenting the news from the rooftop of one of the buildings in the city, and a helicopter filming him. Why ????

Worth it for BBC 4 and Radio 4. There you'll find programmes to make you think rather than the bland stuff churned out by ITV.

Stations funded by advertising will always pander to the the advertisers who want maximum viewing figures and therefore tend to play safe.

Not everyone wants to watch soaps, mindless game shows and cookery programmes.

If the BBC was funded by subscription, how do you stop a non-payer listening to BBC Radio?

If you really don't watch listen to or access the BBC services and don't like paying it you have the choice to view on-line subscription only channels.

Not if you want to watch programmes that are 'live', so even if you have paid for an online subscription you may still have to pay for a TV licence.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/Live-TV-and-how-you-watch-it

Worth it for BBC 4 and Radio 4. There you'll find programmes to make you think rather than the bland stuff churned out by ITV.

Stations funded by advertising will always pander to the the advertisers who want maximum viewing figures and therefore tend to play safe.

Not everyone wants to watch soaps, mindless game shows and cookery programmes.

If the BBC was funded by subscription, how do you stop a non-payer listening to BBC Radio?

The license fee is justified by Radio 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 alone, all of which are excellent in their fields and far beyond the mindless pap the commercial stations slop out.

The license fee is justified by Radio 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 alone, all of which are excellent in their fields and far beyond the mindless pap the commercial stations slop out.

The BBC distorts the radio market and this contributes to the awful state of radio in this country. People bang on about US television but their radio is far far superior than anything in this country including the BBC . The diversity, innovation & quality of local radio puts ours to shame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The BBC distorts the radio market and this contributes to the awful state of radio in this country. People bang on about US television but their radio is far far superior than anything in this country including the BBC . The diversity, innovation & quality of local radio puts ours to shame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beyond parody.

Depends where you are I think and what you like of course. I was in LA for while and they had superb indie stations.

Big cities with excellent services and the lower population density rest of the country ignored / underserved is exactly the issue that national public services were set up to address.