A New Podcast About Saints

twoandahalfstuds

Hi Everyone,

I have created a new podcast about the Saints.

We have two episodes up now, both of them can be found at: http://saintsfcpod.libsyn.com/

We are also on iTunes, Stitcher, Pocketcast, TuneIn if you use a podcasting app already, just search 'Saints FC Podcast'. If there's a podcasting app you use and you can't find it there let me know and I will try to get it uploaded there as well.

Episode 1: We talk to Neil Maddison & Jason Dodd about life at Saints, have some great anecdotes from the Saints legends including when Neil Maddison had his Saints shirt on underneath his Middlesborough one playing against Portsmouth at Fratton Park.

Episode 2: We speak to cult legend Brett Ormerod about his time at the Saints, from the glory of reaching the FA Cup final in 2003 to being relegated with Harry Redknapp and the bizarre circus of the last years of Rupert Lowe's tenure as Saints chairman.

It would be great to get your feedback! We are keen to improve the podcast, listen to your ideas, and of course any suggestions for ex-Saints legends you would like us to speak to and why!

Also, please share among your Saints supporting friends and family!!! :)

Just having a listen now, it's amazing how different the mood is from then (pre-Sunderland) to now. What a difference 6 goals makes!

Nice pod though, hopefully you'll manage to get it done a bit more regularly than the previous Saints one - give us a shout if you need any promotion or production help.

Just having a listen now, it's amazing how different the mood is from then (pre-Sunderland) to now. What a difference 6 goals makes!

Nice pod though, hopefully you'll manage to get it done a bit more regularly than the previous Saints one - give us a shout if you need any promotion or production help.

Planning one every 2/3 weeks until the end of the season, then see how it's going, how much time it takes, how many people are listening etc. With a view to choosing a regular schedule for next season. All/any feedback, reviews, promotion would be very much appreciated!

I listened to most of the second one and found it easy listening. To be very successful you need not to be so measured and be controversial and be right arses like Savage or Danny Baker lol. Perhaps you should do interviews with some of the fans on here, Alpine , Heisenberg, etc. they would get reactions and perhaps the listening base would grow as they want to scream at the telephone. Im sure Duncan Holley would like to give some input as he could give insights to things (not that i know he would, but Im sure he would do so)

Pretty decent start. Certainly better than the last saints one I subscribed to.

My only feedback would be that there's a bit too much agreement on certain things. I was shouting at my phone when one guy said Cortese didn't sell players, when in fact he sold the only one he received a decent offer for (AOC). I just felt it could get a bit bland with 2 blokes from the same era just agreeing with each other. The other point I would make is to be careful with 2 players on at once. Personally I find all these buddy buddy chats can get a bit boring.

I hope you take these observations in the spirit they're intended , as I do wish you well, and it's certainly better than anything I could do. But the best political podcasts I listen to are the ones where contrasting points of view are put and I'm sure it'll be the same here ( provided it's not fake). Puel, Forster, Reid, Cortese, divide opinion and to some a draw is a good result, whereas others don't think that way.If you could reflect this in the podcast it would be great IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk