Anyone know roughly when vvd will be fit?

Roger

Given he is still unable to get a shoe on (team photo pre Wembley) and was on crutches last Sunday, I reckon it's very doubtful he'll be ready for bmouth.

Personally I'll be surprised if he's back this season.

Given he is still unable to get a shoe on (team photo pre Wembley) and was on crutches last Sunday, I reckon it's very doubtful he'll be ready for bmouth.

Personally I'll be surprised if he's back this season.

I don't think we'll see him this season. My concern is that he may never get back to his previous level. Nothing concrete, just a nasty feeling.

Pretending that you don't know is rather pathetic, don't you think?

Anyway, this thread is about Van Dijk, not you.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

go on, we signed Boufal for a record when he was far more crocked.

so why will VvD being injured for 8 weeks put anyone off...when he will be fully fit by the end of this season let alone the summer/next season

so, explain why his current injury means NO ONE will want him in the summer (rather than say I have some sort of agenda)

cheers

Edited by Batman

VVD has committed himself to the club till 2018 so wrist splitters can put their razor blades away.

I don't think you need to be a wrist slitter to think that VVD will go this summer.

I fully expect someone to come in with a bid that the player can't turn down and the club will accept.

What's ur problem. Do you not want to see them both fit as we are conceding a lot of goals.

Of course we want them both fit, but there is a bizarre theme running through a few threads that leans towards Caceres already has the 2nd choice centreback badge on his shirt in some posters mind, the bloke ain't played a competitive game for over a year now due to a ruptured Achilles, but because he has a sparkling CV he is going seal up the defence instantly.......... it's this presumptive assuming that baffles me.

Of course we want them both fit, but there is a bizarre theme running through a few threads that leans towards Caceres already has the 2nd choice centreback badge on his shirt in some posters mind, the bloke ain't played a competitive game for over a year now due to a ruptured Achilles, but because he has a sparkling CV he is going seal up the defence instantly.......... it's this presumptive assuming that baffles me.

By the Spurs game should be there but Stephens isn't good enough imo.

Caceres is here until the end of the season and was bought in as cover. This season is already over we aren't getting relegated and we aren't getting Europe it makes more sense to give one of youngsters valuable PL experience than some guy who isn't a long term solution to anything. Stephens can't get better if he doesn't play.

I'm not sure about Steven yet but he did well yesterday when the Watford forward was running on goal and he shepherded him away and took the ball off him. Has VVD done the same we would be drooling about it

Caceres is here until the end of the season and was bought in as cover. This season is already over we aren't getting relegated and we aren't getting Europe it makes more sense to give one of youngsters valuable PL experience than some guy who isn't a long term solution to anything. Stephens can't get better if he doesn't play.

Dear o dear. I reckon caceres will be first choice. We aren't a bloody charity.

Dear o dear. I reckon caceres will be first choice. We aren't a bloody charity.

First choice for what he was bought in because we ****ed up Jan, panicked and we needed cover. He may play he may not but he isn't even contracted to be here next season.

Edited by doddisalegend

I'm not sure about Steven yet but he did well yesterday when the Watford forward was running on goal and he shepherded him away and took the ball off him. Has VVD done the same we would be drooling about it

People seem to forget he has only played a handful of games at the top level. He still has a lot to learn and will make mistakes but he looks quiet promising I think. Defending is a team effort pretty much every goal that people are trying to pin on Stephens several players have contributed with mistakes before the goal is scored.

go on, we signed Boufal for a record when he was far more crocked.

so why will VvD being injured for 8 weeks put anyone off...when he will be fully fit by the end of this season let alone the summer/next season

so, explain why his current injury means NO ONE will want him in the summer (rather than say I have some sort of agenda)

cheers

So do you think that VVD being injured doesn't reduce the chances of him being sold.

Considering some of the terrible defending from the top teams in the league plus real lack of decent centre backs in world football I imagine there will be a lot of teams coming in with big money bids for VVD. The guy could walk straight into first teams of Arsenal, Liverpool, city, and united. Even teams like Barca or Real Madrid would be improved.

Obviously we will put a few off with a massive price tag but when you look at what city paid for Otamendi and Mangala what does that make VVD worth?!

I wouldn't blame him for leaving us for a big club in the summer

I really want to believe that VVD will be here next season, I don't think he'll be angling for a move away. However, if the club receive a whopping offer from one of Europe's top clubs, including the ones from the Premier League, it's hard to see how we would turn it down and equally how van Dijk would choose to stay. Koeman is rumoured to be in the frame for Barcelona and Arsenal jobs. If he ends up at one of those, he'll come in for VVD and that will be that (unless Arsenal refuse to pay the money we'd want).

no it does not, not at all

Can't see anyone wanting to sign a player who's been injured for 6 months and hasn't proven he can still compete at that level. Plus he's got 5 years left on his contract and that means he'd cost a buyer enough money over the "normal" rate that they're not going to gamble on someone who might not be at those levels.

Now keeping him at Xmas when we're challenging the top 4, there's the issue.

Reading between the lines of the article in today's Echo, it seems we've seen the last of VVD.

They wont rush him back - clearly trying to protect / maximise the transfer fee we get. :(

That's one view, and possible, but they do also point out that there should be little to play for in the last few games, and therefore no point in risking him. Also insists it's not a serious injury - just needs time.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Tweaked it for you... ;)

if a doom and gloom merchant read between the lines of the article in today's Echo, it seems we've seen the last of VVD.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/15139325.Saints_cautious_over_van_Dijk/

Saints are keen not to put any definitive timescale on his comeback.

They are still optimistic that van Dijk will be available to play again before the end of the season, but his involvement is unlikely to stretch beyond a handful of matches.

Saints are also prepared to leave him out entirely for the remainder of the season if they are convinced it is in his best interests.

Though some have suggested the club would do that to protect his value, with rumours of a £50m move away from St Mary’s this summer still swirling, they are focussed on his involvement for them next season.

They want van Dijk to be fully fit and ready for a full pre-season, a first uninterrupted for Claude Puel following the disruption caused by last summer’s European Championships.

The club are also aware that the chances of there being too much left to play for come the final few weeks of the season are fairly slim.

Therefore, there is no point in them taking any unnecessary risks.

Reading between the lines of the article in today's Echo, it seems we've seen the last of VVD.

They wont rush him back - clearly trying to protect / maximise the transfer fee we get. :(

Whereas if the story was "Les delighted with VVD progress" and about how he will be fully fit in no time, you'd "read between the lines" that we were delighted that he is back in the shop window because we were clearly trying to maximise the transfer fee we get.

1 April according to "Physio Room" website.....

Believe or disbelieve........but I guess its based on something better than a wild guess.

I think that's unlikely. Even if he does make a full recovery before the end of the season, I imagine he'll play in an U23 game first. So hopefully we'll get some indication of his return

Smoke and mirrors about the seriousness by the club. Not sure how an injury that leaves a player out for months on end can not be described as serious. The real question is whether it is an injury that, while serious, will repair 100%; or if it going to leave a long term impairment. If the latter, then what % impairment and the impact on both technical ability and/or athletic performance over 90 minutes. Potential suitors for buying VVD will be watching and doing due diligence before parting with £50M.

My guess is that VVD broke a metatarsal and the info coming out does fit that theory.

Not quite sure why Saints are being so secretive about it. Interesting to note Man City's reaction to Jesus' injury very open and frank about it.