Spurs v Saints build up

vince

Congratulations to the journos at today's pre-match press conference (live broadcast section) for no-one asking when VvD is expected to be back in training. Bravo

(yes, I know it might come out in the embargoed section but I'm still gonna be a bit grumpy about it in the meantime :) )

He deserves his place in the team based on current form, however unless he 'bulks' up or starts getting more goals, I can see him eventually ending up in the championship in a couple of season.

A 22yo with 125 PL appearances is not, in your estimation, going to make it as a Premier League footballer?

Congratulations to the journos at today's pre-match press conference (live broadcast section) for no-one asking when VvD is expected to be back in training. Bravo

(yes, I know it might come out in the embargoed section but I'm still gonna be a bit grumpy about it in the meantime :) )

Seeing as he was still on crutches last week its not going to be anytime soon.

I have an unnerving feeling we'll get something from this game. Some Decent attacking displays recently and the chance Caceres could feature. The fact we're better than 4-1 in the betting is weird - yes Spurs are a better team (vomits in mouth) but they're missing key players. Bookies have Spurs as heavy favourites for this - I can only think that it's our recent defensive displays that is the reason for that. Wish I wasn't bloody working during the game.

when have I ever gloated?

Ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha!.........you are so funny!......NOT!

And Andre Marriner is refereeing (same ref as the EFL Cup Final), with our friend Kevin Friend as the 4th official

Wonder if it means that **** of a linesman who gave the offside in the final is running the line ? they used to travel around as a team, dont know if that still happens though !

Wonder if it means that **** of a linesman who gave the offside in the final is running the line ? they used to travel around as a team, dont know if that still happens though !

Mr Burt hasn't run the line for Mr Marriner since the Cup Final, he wasn't sanctioned for his faux pas in our game either as he was running the line in the Spurs game the following weekend. If you wish to enjoy his line running skills he will be putting in a appearance in the Citeh v Liverpool game straight after ours.

Hood down Anorak off!

"Half the teams in the PL would happily take him" is an opinion/assumption, based on no facts at all. He is crap and Championship level "in my opinion". He isn't a solid PL midfielder "in my opinion". 6 goals in 6 years does not make any midfielder in the world good at all, which possibly is a fact.

I agree up to a point.

IMO he is harshly criticized because he has never lived up to the potential that he showed when he was young. We should just except that he's not going to be 'world class' and except him for what he is. Half the teams in the PL would happily take him, maybe not the big boys, but so what? That doesn't make him cr@p. That doesn't mean he's championship level ffs. He's a solid middle of the road PL midfielder and one of our own.

Weve now watched his rise from an 8 year old all the way into the England squad, I for one am happy for the lad.

"Half the teams in the PL would happily take him" is an opinion/assumption, based on no facts at all. He is crap and Championship level "in my opinion". He isn't a solid PL midfielder "in my opinion". 6 goals in 6 years does not make any midfielder in the world good at all, which possibly is a fact.

Lol and your opinion isn't shared by the professionals who work in the game, our manager and the England manager. I know whose opinion I would have more belief in!

Yeah, it should help to ease our relegation fears :)

Please don't encourage him.

Here's an amusing scenario: Spurs finish 4th, and qualify for the CL. But wait, Utd win the EL and finish 5th, and Leicester win the CL. Spurs get bumped out of the CL. Unlikely, but oh how I would laugh ....

If you think he is Championship level, then you are utterly clueless at being able to judge player ability.

If you think he is Championship level, then you are utterly clueless at being able to judge player ability.

I have to remind myself sometimes that some posters on this form may be of school age. Sadly, I think Larry isn't one of them. Larry12 may not, in fact, be 12.

I have to remind myself sometimes that some posters on this form may be of school age. Sadly, I think Larry isn't one of them. Larry12 may not, in fact, be 12.

I may be wrong but didn't someone 'out' Larry12 as a Skate last summer during the managerial upheaval?

Well you're a fu_cking moron.

I am not sure that JWP and the word talent should appear in the same sentence.

I agree up to a point.

IMO he is harshly criticized because he has never lived up to the potential that he showed when he was young. We should just except that he's not going to be 'world class' and except him for what he is. Half the teams in the PL would happily take him, maybe not the big boys, but so what? That doesn't make him cr@p. That doesn't mean he's championship level ffs. He's a solid middle of the road PL midfielder and one of our own.

Weve now watched his rise from an 8 year old all the way into the England squad, I for one am happy for the lad.

Clearly they've decided he's not quite fit enough yet.

I suspect its more do do with giving as much game time and experience to Stephens, and to stick with a winning starting 11 during a period where we don't need to rotate, rather than Caceres's fitness per se.

Delighted Puel has ditched the rotation system.

Seems to have paid dividends already (as predicted) and imho will improve more once players sync to each others games

Buzzing for this one, be interesting to see what a solid 6 weeks of coaching looks like for us

COYR

What rotation?

We've never really rotated players for Premier League games this season. I did some number crunching a month or so ago and worked out that during our busiest period (i.e. September to January) our Premier League starting 11 only changed by something like 1.8 players (on average) from game to game.