Who Do We Choose To Ship Out This Summer?

View From The Top

Cáceres and Hassen are out of contract and there is nothing to suggest they are anything more than an Elia or Djuricic type short term fix.

If Forster isn't shipped out then he should be number two with McCarthy sold, there is no way he should be first choice next season. Abysmal keeper.

Fair point.

Isgrove

Martina

Jay Rod

Gatdos

Reed (loan)

Tsrgett (loan)

Ins

New def mid to play along Romeu / Imbula

Def cen ( if that new matey doesn't fit the bill) Schar.

Plus if Swansea go down I'd go for that Iceland matey lol

Martina and Isgrove - free

Clasie £10m - being left out of the cup final squad is a message

J Rod - £10m

Targett - preferably on loan but with contract winding down I'd reckon a sell for a few million with McQueen's emergence

Gardos - undisclosed but probably have to pay him to go for his final year? Probably a loan with us paying a %

Reed - loan to Championship or sale. Hesketh ditto but loan until Xmas to get match fitness and compete for 1st team after that

Taylor and Gazza

With Fonte's replacement 50% paid for (Ake please) that leaves a pot of fees and wages, plus a bit of the TV deal if the Telegraph article was correct for a:

DMC, AMC and striker

IMO we need to get Forster fit rather than sell. Sign the young Nice keeper as competition with McCarthy if he looks useful.

I'm not sure we have the luxury of shipping people out, and there are some seriously stupid names on peoples lists here Forster, JWP, Hojberg and Austin? We aren't going to find a better keeper without spending £20 million, he's maybe not has his best season but all players have bad spells of form, then our top scorer before he got injured and two of the most promising young centre-mids in the country. I mean JWP? he's been playing excellently recently.

We'll release some out of contract people and maybe loan a few. I think Target and Reed would benefit from some time in the championship with a good club (i.e one that is likely to challenge for promotion next year so they get games in a confident team)

Martina was going before Pied's injury so he's likely and Gabiadinni has probably put an end to Jay Rods career here, he'll want more game time and he's the only one we'll likely get money for.

Doubt anyone else will go unless it's like Van Dijk, Tadic, Bertrand to a bigger club and because they want to leave to that bigger club.

I think Taylor, isgrove, Flanagan and Martina will be released. Would happily see us sell gardos, classie and j rod, and loan out targett, reed and probably hesketh. Like most have said, areas to improve the team are centre back, centre midfield, and GK unless Forster can remember how to play.

You lot would've all ditched Yoshida no doubt. We need back up players and no point selling them all to buy more. Clasie has been nowhere near as bad as some of you make out.

Rodrigues, Martina and Gardos definitely

Isgrove hardly counts but yes.

I would say Forster but will be very unlikely.

"Ditched" as in "had him hang around as third or fourth choice" maybe. He's still not a player I'd build a top half side around. I'm interested to see if we're sparing with Caceres because if we've seen enough of him to know he can do the business, and we can devalue him in the next 6 months to the point where we can afford to offer him a permanent deal. Then again, that could be a bit fanciful.

I'd see if there were any takers for Rodriguez and Austin at a profit, we'll lose Martina assuming Pied recovers fitness - or Martina might get another year if not. Hojbjerg and to a lesser extent Clasie are cover who are good enough for a top half Prem side on their day and have an upside, Reed is getting to the point where he needs options elsewhere to give him development we're not seeing.

Isgrove is so far off the radar he'll be released, as will whichever keepers we've only signed as cover - Gazzaniga looks likely to leave. Depends on whose contracts are up though.

"Ditched" as in "had him hang around as third or fourth choice" maybe. He's still not a player I'd build a top half side around. I'm interested to see if we're sparing with Caceres because if we've seen enough of him to know he can do the business, and we can devalue him in the next 6 months to the point where we can afford to offer him a permanent deal. Then again, that could be a bit fanciful.

I'd see if there were any takers for Rodriguez and Austin at a profit, we'll lose Martina assuming Pied recovers fitness - or Martina might get another year if not. Hojbjerg and to a lesser extent Clasie are cover who are good enough for a top half Prem side on their day and have an upside, Reed is getting to the point where he needs options elsewhere to give him development we're not seeing.

Isgrove is so far off the radar he'll be released, as will whichever keepers we've only signed as cover - Gazzaniga looks likely to leave. Depends on whose contracts are up though.

Nonsense you've consistently rubbished Yoshida over the years on here.

Does anyone think Reed might be regretting the signing of Boufal? Taking on an injured player was a risk but since he became fit enough to play, he hasn't had the impact that might have been expected given the substantial fee. Technically a very gifted player but hasn't produced much in terms of output so far. The revelation last night about his attitude problem in the u-23 game was a surprise. Does anyone think the club might try to get their money back? On the other hand, would he now command the same fee?

Love this thread. The same people who soil their mattresses when certain players are rumoured to be wanted by other clubs peddling players that THEY don't want here. So it is ok if they go if you don't rate them, but not so if you do? I hope JRod doesn't read this thread. Talk about going from hero to zero!

Love this thread. The same people who soil their mattresses when certain players are rumoured to be wanted by other clubs peddling players that THEY don't want here. So it is ok if they go if you don't rate them, but not so if you do? I hope JRod doesn't read this thread. Talk about going from hero to zero!

You mean people want to keep Van Dijk and aren't bothered if Isgrove leaves? Ingrates! Hanging is too good for 'em!

And JRod is rumoured to be of to West Brom anyway, so it is hardly a surprise he is on most sales lists.

Does anyone think Reed might be regretting the signing of Boufal? Taking on an injured player was a risk but since he became fit enough to play, he hasn't had the impact that might have been expected given the substantial fee. Technically a very gifted player but hasn't produced much in terms of output so far. The revelation last night about his attitude problem in the u-23 game was a surprise. Does anyone think the club might try to get their money back? On the other hand, would he now command the same fee?

Don't think Les regrets much in life.

Very much depends upon whether Claude Puel will be our manager next season. If he does and we continue to play high speed one touch pass and move football then the people who cannot adapt to that system will be the ones to be cast off. This is not a crusade against Puel just that if we get taken over in the summer then new owners will want their own man in and his style will dictate who's in and who's out.

There are one or two who likely will leave of their own volition whichever way that works out, Martina & Rodrigues being the obvious candidates because they know there is little of a future here for them. Then there are a few youngsters who have had their chance but not taken it to make room for the next generation of academy lads and maybe McQueen and Hesketh are in that category perhaps going out on loan with a view to permanent transfers later on - try before you buy as it were. With Alfie Jones getting better all the time Jack Stephens may be another to miss the boat here.

Makes me laugh how everybody is having a dig at Forster. He's not having a great season but that's keepers for you. 12 months ago he was a hero. What was it, 10 games without conceding when he came back from injury?

7 the last being a 1-0 against Swansea in mid February, in only the Arsenal game did he need to make any significant saves. That Swansea game was also the last clean sheet we kept last season.

Not having a great season is being kind, he has been awful and needs replacing.

I think Boufal is struggling to adapt to the Premier League.

I think Boufal is struggling to adapt to the Premier League.

I'm not sure Boufal has played enough football to form that opinion. What little I've seen of him he looks talented and frustrating in equal measure he needs to be coached into releasing the ball quicker. He can beat man, or in case quite often two, but than pass the ball don't try and beat a third and fourth man. People say he needs to man up and at times he does get knocked of the ball easily but I've also seen him get stuck in to win the ball back and put himself about in a way I've never seen Tadic manage to do. Basically I think until Boufal has a decent run of games (ideally behind Gabbi for me) its pretty hard to say weather he is going to a success or not.

Not convinced Boufal isn't another Adel Taarabt - a lot of self indulgent piddling about, little end product and a poor attitude. His cameo off the bench in the League cup final was absolutely appalling. Did nothing for the team, just spent his time finding elaborate ways to lose the ball.

I would hope there's a hell of a lot more to come from him, but as things stand he's not been much more effective than Eljero Elia's mediocre loan spell.

My Boufal jury is very much out - clearly a very good player in there somewhere but he appears to come with injury and attitude baggage attached. All ifs and ands now but maybe it wasn't the best idea to sign a player who is injured and can't play for a few months, it can't help their settling in and bonding with the group.

Not convinced Boufal isn't another Adel Taarabt - a lot of self indulgent piddling about, little end product and a poor attitude. His cameo off the bench in the League cup final was absolutely appalling. Did nothing for the team, just spent his time finding elaborate ways to lose the ball.

I would hope there's a hell of a lot more to come from him, but as things stand he's not been much more effective than Eljero Elia's mediocre loan spell.

He was certainly ineffective coming on in the cup final, but if you watched the Swansea game you will have seen a player come off the bench and literally run rings round the opponent. He was absolutely sensational.

It should be noted that flair players have those days when the tricks and flicks don't come off. You can count the flair players on one hand who's tricks come off every single week. I watched Messi against PSG at their place and he gave the ball away all game - and we are talking about the World's best ever player. There is no comparison between the two. I'm just saying that players that dribble and actually attempt to beat a man (pretty much the toughest thing to do in football) don't always manage it. What's important is that they have the courage to come back next week and try it all again and hopefully succeeding.

Not sure where this `poor attitude' comes from. I haven't watched the U23 game, so missed that. What I have seen is a player wiling to up sticks and move to a new country and face the less than perfect task of going straight into the physio room. When given his chance he has really gone for it, perhaps trying too hard at times, but when you have the ability to do things like this

and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H6TNY5vK1M then I'm more than happy to see him attempt it.

In my eyes he is a tremendous talent. It's up to Puel to get the best out of him. Brilliant asset.

Edited by Chez

He was certainly ineffective coming on in the cup final, but if you watched the Swansea game you will have seen a player come off the bench and literally run rings round the opponent. He was absolutely sensational.

It should be noted that flair players have those days when the tricks and flicks don't come off. You can count the flair players on one hand who's tricks come off every single week. I watched Messi against PSG at their place and he gave the ball away all game - and we are talking about the World's best ever player. There is no comparison between the two. I'm just saying that players that dribble and actually attempt to beat a man (pretty much the toughest thing to do in football) don't always manage it. What's important is that they have the courage to come back next week and try it all again and hopefully succeeding.

Not sure where this `poor attitude' comes from. I haven't watched the U23 game, so missed that. What I have seen is a player wiling to up sticks and move to a new country and face the less than perfect task of going straight into the physio room. When given his chance he has really gone for it, perhaps trying too hard at times, but when you have the ability to do things like this

and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H6TNY5vK1M then I'm more than happy to see him attempt it.

In my eyes he is a tremendous talent. It's up to Puel to get the best out of him. Brilliant asset.

I don't mind players piddling about, showboating and being inconsistent, so long as they do actually produce a fair number of goals, either by creating or scoring. Messi is obviously an extreme example but you can't criticise anyone who bags over 30 goals a season.

Boufal I'd have expected more of than we've seen so far. Aside from two thunderbolts against Boro and Sunderland, he has failed to deliver. Even Mané on his hopeless days, you could forgive because he was good for 10 goals a season.

Makes me laugh how everybody is having a dig at Forster. He's not having a great season but that's keepers for you. 12 months ago he was a hero. What was it, 10 games without conceding when he came back from injury?

Hey it's not everyone.. I am with you a really good keeper having a poor spell.

I don't mind players piddling about, showboating and being inconsistent, so long as they do actually produce a fair number of goals, either by creating or scoring. Messi is obviously an extreme example but you can't criticise anyone who bags over 30 goals a season.

Boufal I'd have expected more of than we've seen so far. Aside from two thunderbolts against Boro and Sunderland, he has failed to deliver. Even Mané on his hopeless days, you could forgive because he was good for 10 goals a season.

He has time to get another eight goals.

Well, apart from that 40 yard sprint with the ball immediately after he came on which was exactly what was needed, and the couple of times he's scored from nothing, including the only goal in one of the games that got us to Wembley. Though he did lose the ball at the end of that run, as players who can beat people tend to do occasionally. I think he's a fantastic talent with a solid attitude, should be excellent next season with a pre-season behind him, hopefully he'll get fewer injuries from people kicking lumps out of him as he goes past them.

:mcinnes:

Meat and two veg.

Targett's shown his best position is to the left side of midfield in a 3-5-2 where he's not the one doing all the crossing - which gives us plenty of flexibility if we switch formations. I don't see any reason we wouldn't keep all three of Bertrand, McQueen and Targett tbh. McQueen and Targett are exactly the age and standard of player we should have in those cover positions.

Boufal is an excellent player and has the potential to be "world class" , the lad just needs a bit more time and a few adjustments to his overall game.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Spot on. He was fantastic at Swansea as has been mentioned, and has won two games this season single handedly with outstanding strikes. This type of player won't be magical every week, but will win you games

Martina and Isgrove - free

Clasie £10m - being left out of the cup final squad is a message

J Rod - £10m

Targett - preferably on loan but with contract winding down I'd reckon a sell for a few million with McQueen's emergence

Gardos - undisclosed but probably have to pay him to go for his final year? Probably a loan with us paying a %

Reed - loan to Championship or sale. Hesketh ditto but loan until Xmas to get match fitness and compete for 1st team after that

Taylor and Gazza

With Fonte's replacement 50% paid for (Ake please) that leaves a pot of fees and wages, plus a bit of the TV deal if the Telegraph article was correct for a:

DMC, AMC and striker

IMO we need to get Forster fit rather than sell. Sign the young Nice keeper as competition with McCarthy if he looks useful.

Young goalkeeper to watch is Jordan Pickford Sunderland one, young has prem experience and should develop well for the future.

I'd rather we kept Targett and loaned out McQueen. Targett is a better fullback.

Disagree with this. Targett has a nosebleed every time he gets towards the opponents half and hasn't convinced me with his defending either. I think McQueen is a very decent back up.

Disagree there I'm afraid. More to McQueen's game.

Miles more. Targett has always struggled when playing in a back four.

Season playing every game in the Championship is what he needs IMO.

McQueen far better, especially going forward.

Young goalkeeper to watch is Jordan Pickford Sunderland one, young has prem experience and should develop well for the future.

Unfortunately every man and his dog has figured that out, so he probably won't be coming here. He could well end up at City, Everton or Liverpool and won't be sitting on our bench.

Unfortunately every man and his dog has figured that out, so he probably won't be coming here. He could well end up at City, Everton or Liverpool and won't be sitting on our bench.

Huh? You lost me. Unless you mean Forster will be number 1, in which case I will have no choice but to start picturing you with underwear on your head and two pencils up your nose.

Huh? You lost me. Unless you mean Forster will be number 1, in which case I will have no choice but to start picturing you with underwear on your head and two pencils up your nose.

Absolutely. If we can sell Forster and replace with someone like Pickford, Heaton, etc.. we Weill significantly have repaired our goalkeeping frailties

Absolutely. If we can sell Forster and replace with someone like Pickford, Heaton, etc.. we Weill significantly have repaired our goalkeeping frailties

I can't see Burnley being prepared to sell Heaton, and unless a regular top 5 type club was bidding he might not see it as such a step up. Pickford as many have previously said will be targeted by bigger clubs than us. If we are recruiting a new GK to take over as No 1 then I suspect it'll be one from the continent.

As for selling FF, not sure he's such an attraction now as he was twelve months ago.