Celebrating a goal by sliding on knees.

Dark Munster

It was the hugging the saints fans after the knee slide against Watford that made me smile

EP-303049914.jpg&updated=201703041147&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder

there are grown men in there offering to have Gabbi's babies.... actually looking at Cedric he seems to be enjoying that position a bit to much

Edited by doddisalegend

Has anyone injured their knees doing it, if not it's only a matter of time.

I seem to remember something about Ole Gunnar Solskjaer damaged his medial ligaments after sliding on hus knees during the '98/'99 champions league final. It may not have been directly responsible for his knee injuries that followed, but to me, it seems a little more than coincidence

It was the hugging the saints fans after the knee slide against Watford that made me smile

EP-303049914.jpg&updated=201703041147&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder

there are grown men in there offering to have Gabbi's babies.... actually looking at Cedric he seems to be enjoying that position a bit to much

Haha love that

Although I obviously think it's bullish!t booking players for celebrations, I thought how lucky he was not getting a 2nd yellow for going right into the fans on Saturday as most refs will give them.

If he's not already been booked it would certainly have been a card I don't think many referees who realised a player was on a booking would produce the card in these circumstances as it makes them look totally stupid!

Edited by a1ex2001

Although I obviously think it's bullish!t booking players for celebrations, I thought how lucky he was not getting a 2nd yellow for going right into the fans on Saturday as most refs will give them.

A few weeks ago, Niang, the Watford player did much the same when he scored against Burnley, having been booked earlier. MOTD pointed out that he could have been sent off then.

A rare example of referees' consistency.

I think he may have been lucky, if you listen straight after the goal the ref gives three or four quick blasts on his whistle (I thought he'd disallowed it!) because the Watford players looked like they were about to rush the linesman to complain, so I think he was distracted keeping them in order.

The clubs are so hot on detail these days, I'm pretty sure if there was any real reason to be concerned it would've been stopped.

Some clubs are hotter on fitness details than others it seems (Leicester come to mind). I wonder how many of them do knee slide celebrations?

We're often near the top (in a bad way) of the injury table http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

If I remember correctly, Austin did the risky knee slide at the beginning, but cut it out. Hopefully Gabbi will find some other celebration. Although taking his todger out may result in more than a yellow. :scared:

Some clubs are hotter on fitness details than others it seems (Leicester come to mind). I wonder how many of them do knee slide celebrations?

We're often near the top (in a bad way) of the injury table http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

If I remember correctly, Austin did the risky knee slide at the beginning, but cut it out. Hopefully Gabbi will find some other celebration. Although taking his todger out may result in more than a yellow. :scared:

Right, so you're suggesting that out of all the highly qualified medical professionals at the club, none of them have noticed and considered this?

I'm sure it's fine, if it wasn't they wouldn't let him do it, end of story.

Right, so you're suggesting that out of all the highly qualified medical professionals at the club, none of them have noticed and considered this?

I'm sure it's fine, if it wasn't they wouldn't let him do it, end of story.

He's new, let's see if he is allowed to continue to do it. Even if it's a 1% chance of injuring a knee, is it worth it?

A few weeks ago, Niang, the Watford player did much the same when he scored against Burnley, having been booked earlier. MOTD pointed out that he could have been sent off then.

A rare example of referees' consistency.

I'm not really after them being consistently wrong, tbh.