Budget

whelk

I'm looking to get out of teaching and virtually the entire bunch of teachers I work with (around 20) are all looking to do the same. It's in dire straits.

Same here, if I can get out I will. A career I've loved for over 2 decades just isn't worth doing anymore. The holidays, of which I give up a minimum of 2 weeks a year to run extra classes ahead of GCSEs, no longer make up for the rest of the sh_itstorm.

Mrs still loves it though.

But of course, the cuts aren't deep enough. Fu_cking idiots don't have a clue how the education system is being starved and at the very same time we, the staff, are expected to perform at the top of our game and are beholden to OFSTED and stupid idea after stupid idea from London.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2017/mar/16/schools-funding-formula-education-england-barnsley-hackney

But of course, the cuts aren't deep enough. Fu_cking idiots don't have a clue how the education system is being starved and at the very same time we, the staff, are expected to perform at the top of our game and are beholden to OFSTED and stupid idea after stupid idea from London.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2017/mar/16/schools-funding-formula-education-england-barnsley-hackney

Everybody needs more money, one week its the NHS banging on,then the Police, now its the Education system.

The days of plenty are gone and we have to cut our cloth accordingly, its good you give up 2 weeks a year of your paid holiday, how about giving it to me as I took off less than 2 weeks the whole of last year ( mine was unpaid of course)

Everybody needs more money, one week its the NHS banging on,then the Police, now its the Education system.

The days of plenty are gone and we have to cut our cloth accordingly, its good you give up 2 weeks a year of your paid holiday, how about giving it to me as I took off less than 2 weeks the whole of last year ( mine was unpaid of course)

You don't have a fu_cking clue but hey, make some asinine comment anyway.

You don't have a fu_cking clue but hey, make some asinine comment anyway.
I dont have a clue how the Education system works, it failed me in the late 60's and early 70's. Then there was real lack of funds, but people didnt expect what people do now. So you are in Education, very good but it doesnt mean you are any more special than anybody else in society, and I feel sorry for your students if your response is always so aggressive to them. On the BBC they had an exprt who said that the money was going to be spread around the whole system and more fairly to the poorer areas. Ok it may not work in the grand scale but it seems pretty fair to me.