Football documentaries

Crab Lungs

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, thanks for the recommendations - been a great watch! Slowly getting better been back at work for a week now but still think I should be sitting round watching these.

Dunno if I mentioned it but I did watch One Night In Turin - didn't realise how savage our press was back then!

• 2 weeks later...
The Four Year Plan is a good one. It's about QPR and their rise to the Premier League a few years ago, and all of their crazy owners.

Yes this is a great shout.

Next Goal Wins is a decent watch too about American Samoa and their turn around.

From the 1970's this was the Panorama edition focusing on Millwall and their yobs. Quite controversial when it was aired, but amusing in hindsight looking at the 1970's styles etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKoYjOGOzXQ

If you were around at the time to remember the Clough sacking at Leeds this is interesting viewing from Yorkshire TV's regional news programme featuring Brian Clough and Don Revie being interviewed side by side. The friction between them is clear. I can't imagine in the modern era with agents etc two managers conducting such a frank interview and exchange in this fashion.

I only found this about a year or so ago, forty years after it was broadcast but still found it an eyeopener into the story.

Clough shows all the mannerisms as to why he was hated by so many at the time.

Forever Pure - about Beitar Jerusalem and our old pal Arkadi Gaydamak.

Was on iPlayer but probably not any more. Must be somewhere on t'internet!

Watched this about a month after the Tel Aviv trip. Quite brilliant docu and truly worrying - how Israeli Jews can have politics bordering on fascism I find gobsmacking.