Financial Results 2015-2016

trousers

I should also note, those figures in the quoted table are reflective of cash-flow. So if a fee is to be paid in instalments you will only see the instalments actually paid (and so, again, you would expect the figures to be less than the full transfer value). The remaining instalments should show as assets on the balance sheet, not in the P&L.

Should not that also apply to incoming players, those sums would also be in instalments going forward.

It seems to indicate that we have been selling players for considerably less than has been bandied about and buying them for more. But any accounts which show a profit have to be considered OK. I'd guessed the profit would be greater but the discrepancies in the reported transfer fees would explain that.

Silent R have you been staring out if the window in class again.

So we only got 30.3 million net for Schneiderlin and Clyne then, doesn't seem much compared to the figures generally bandied about.

fairly sure Schneiderlin deal was £18m deal with £7m to be paid following year, and Clyne was £12.5m up top, explaining the £30m.

Wonder if those figures came from the club? Worrying if so and suggests we are not getting the high transfer fees reported? In 14-15 we sold Shaw (32m) Lallana (26m) Lovren (22m) Chambers (17m) Lambert (4m) Cork (3m) thats £104m. Yet Rogers says sales was 85m??? Thats a fairly sizeable gap. Would £20m really be agent fees?

And why illustrate player sales excluding fees and incoming with? Misleading no

I thought those figures at the time were Shaw 27m (+add ons) Lallana 25m (- 6m to Bournemouth) Lovren 20m, Chambers 11m (plus 5m add ons) Lambert 4m, Cork 3m. So about £89m. So if they only paid out about £4m in agents fees, that would be a result.........

I thought those figures at the time were Shaw 27m (+add ons) Lallana 25m (- 6m to Bournemouth) Lovren 20m, Chambers 11m (plus 5m add ons) Lambert 4m, Cork 3m. So about £89m. So if they only paid out about £4m in agents fees, that would be a result.........

Total agents' fees are published by the FA or the PL aren't they ?

Unless of course we are not paying by instalments but 100% up front.

Goes without saying, but every deal is different. Most will include structured payments, but some deals will be done based on the circumstances. For example, I would expect that we would have paid the Charlie Austin fee in full because it wasn't a massive fee and he only had 5 months of his contract left.

Similarly, I believe some of our sales have been heavily front-weighted so the initial payment is 60-70% of the total due, rather than a 50/50 split between up-front and a year later which is apparently the most common arrangement. I could imagine that having a bigger up-front payment might mean the total amount received is negotiated down (so, for a hypothetical £30m player, we want £18m up front rather than £15m and another £15m in a year's time, but that means the negotiated total is actually £29m, so £18m up front and £11m later), but cashflow is often more important than balance sheet strength.

2qi70cm.jpg

£45million net spent since 2013...not including increase in wages and bonuses. With all that included, £93.5million net spend.

So, how are people going to try and spin that?

Dont underestimate the power of forum dinlows.

2016/17 forecast (player sales) is £58m.

Now MLG was v.insistent that we got £38m for Mane, so that's just £20m for Wanyama, Pelle, Juanmi and Fonte and Koeman??

Seems we are paying more for players too...£65m for Boufal, Barry, Redmond and Hojbjerg ouch.

Did we really swap Mane, Pelle, Wanyama, Fonte and Koeman for Barry, Redmond, Boufal and Hojbjerg and it cost us £7m + £16m more in wages?

Still another nice profit for the club reported and plenty of cash in the bank too. Whoop