RIP Chuck Berry

Lord Duckhunter

I was lucky enough to see him in Blackpool in the early seventies...was the only ticket I could get and well worth the 300 mile trek. He had the audience in the palm of his hand ...one of the best interactions I've ever seen from a performer and the songs were sublime.

Feel privileged to have been alive in his era and more so to have seen him perform.

His music, his legacy live on. Thanks Chuck Berry!

I saw him in the early 70's playing with my ding a ling. I was later told it was actually my uncle Ron, and not the real Chuck berry at all...... Uncle Ron was great, he'd even dress as Santa and sit me on his knee.

However, I do thank Chuck for Roll over Beethoven.

Edited by Ohio Saint

One of the most influential artists of all time, helped shape Rock n Roll as we know it.

He'd be nowhere though if his cousin hadn't heard Marty McFly playing at the enchantment under the sea dance and given him a phone call!

Surprised he made it to 90. Certainly led a colourful life with his various brushes with the law.

My brother was at the Gaumont where he was supposed to be a support act but really stole the show.

Think this was the show I referred to in my earlier post

Interesting to know what year it was

Think this was the show I referred to in my earlier post

Interesting to know what year it was

Had a quick google, came up with 16th Jan 1965.

I miss the Gaumont, it was a brilliant venue for gigs.