Spurs 2 Saints 1 - Reactions

St Chalet

Much better 2nd half, but the Penalty calls cost us.

Davis was awful, Boufal was bad when he came on and Long just cannot time his runs at all. He made it sooooo easy for the Spurs defence. Every time we attacked they got a free kick for offside.

With Gabbi out injured it looks loke a disappointing end to the season . Davis needs to be dropped for the Bournemouth game.

League wins against top 6 this season = 0

Expected more energy and more ideas after 15 days on the training pitch.

Frustrating last 15, threw nothing at them and let the game whimper out.

Felt like a Puel 2016 performance, no ideas going forward, shakey at the back and flair players (Tadic and Boufal) awful

Unlucky lads, with the Tadic sitter and appalling pen non decision cost us a deserved point. MG injury not too bad. 11 v 14 is always hard. Andre Marriner - he's one of Spurs. After the EFL as well, do what Big Sam did with Barry Knight and ban the c unt from SMS

Not great, not the end of the world, hope Gabby is okay. Loved our chant of 'He's One Of Your Own' for Andre Marriner, who had a terrible game. Move on to Bournemouth, where we will of course be without Bertrand.

Not good enough end of.

It's not really "end of" is it. We were the better side against a fantastic Spurs team. 2-2 would have flattered Spurs I think. It is clear that there is no gulf in class between the two sides and I for one am exited about what's to come from this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

decent performance against a good team especially in the 2nd half. If the officiating had of been fair we might even have got the draw because if Alli's is a penalty then so is Tadic's at the end of the first half.

Boufal was utterly horrendous. The only time he didn't foul or give the ball away was when he blasted wide. Taking off tadic who was playing well to bring on him who did nothing hurt us when we needed a sub to make an impact.

Sloppy passing, Long always offside, the damage already done in the first half, although we gave as good as we got during the second half. But without Gabbiadini, we didn't have the goal-scoring threat that might have got us a draw at least. Why can't we have Cacceres on the pitch? What exactly is he there for? Boufal was pants when he came on. Our best players were Bertrand and Cedric out wide and occasionally Romeu.

That was an ok performance, let's not forget Spurs have been devasting at home this season and we had them on the back foot for most of the second half. Long and Davis just aren't good enough for this league, Boufal needs to cut out the tricks and play. The ref made two poor decisions with the penalties but it's difficult when you have a persistent diving cheating c...t in your team that is the obnoxious Deli Alli.

Sloppy passing, Long always offside, the damage already done in the first half, although we gave as good as we got during the second half. But without Gabbiadini, we didn't have the goal-scoring threat that might have got us a draw at least. Why can't we have Cacceres on the pitch? What exactly is he there for? Boufal was pants when he came on. Our best players were Bertrand and Cedric out wide and occasionally Romeu.

Agree with most of this Les.

No shame in that result and brave effort from the lads. Spurs given a soft penalty whereas we were denied a blatant one plus injury to Gabbi didn't help. Also lino gives the ball out when it is clearly not and Tadic should score. When you think where Spurs are in the table and how good their home record is it was great to see them resulting to hacking the ball towards the corners and trying to waste time. We made them look very poor particularly in the second half. Two wins out of three away games and a decent performance in defeat to Spurs is ok by me.

It's not really "end of" is it. We were the better side against a fantastic Spurs team. 2-2 would have flattered Spurs I think. It is clear that there is no gulf in class between the two sides and I for one am exited about what's to come from this team.

we really were not

they are a good side. no shame in losing b ut that was a crap first half

Thought it after cup final and again today.... it only does Boufal not show his value, he also slows our play and completely took away our style and momentum! Hope he has a strop and requests a move in the summer, unless he can start showing consistency as an effective team player!

Defence and midfield have to be tighter, but think we deserved something today.

Gabbiadini was walking fine after his injury, think it was more precautionary than anything. We finally look a team this season with a bit of fight, our players that decide matches keep getting injured, but we're looking stronger (as Claude loves to say) as a collective. Onwards and upwards

decent performance against a good team especially in the 2nd half. If the officiating had of been fair we might even have got the draw because if Alli's is a penalty then so is Tadic's at the end of the first half.

Boufal was utterly horrendous. The only time he didn't foul or give the ball away was when he blasted wide. Taking off tadic who was playing well to bring on him who did nothing hurt us when we needed a sub to make an impact.

But Tadic wasn't playing well - and at least Boufal tried a few things and ran at the defence; he's shown enough to be very influential with a consisten run in the team. Much, much better 2nd half - I thought Redmond and Bertrand had good games but Romeu was clearly our best - some of his tussles with Vic were great to watch.

what drives me crazy is the wrap up commentary...

comments in regards to the non-call on Tadic..

"Spurs probably got lucky there" and then concludes with "Good win for Spurs. Now, let's look at the top of the table..."

It's completely casual when it comes to the Top teams. They get all the calls and it just gets brushed off in the analysis .. like, well it's Spurs; they are supposed to win. Honestly, no one cares if Southampton, West Brom, Stoke, Watford, etc. get done. It's just another day in the Premier League.

Poor first half but we were the better side in the second half. Wouldn't have been an unfair result if we'd snuck a point.

I'm sure most of us would have taken 2 wins and a narrow defeat from our last 3 premier league games (all away from home)

Hope Gabbi's injury isn't too bad.

Concerned about Boufal's attitude when he came on. I suspect he would thrive if in the starting 11 for a prolonged period of time but that's not going to happen if he keeps cutting off his nose to spite his face.

So, we sit in the top half of the table with 2 games in hand. A decent season, all things considered, is still on the cards.

we really were not

they are a good side. no shame in losing b ut that was a crap first half

Most teams are crap against Spurs in the first half. They press so high and make it very difficult, I thought we were ok in the first half. If Tadic converts that sitter and/or is awarded the stonewall penalty, then it would have been completely different.

It's weird that you focus on the negatives of the first half rather than the positives. Second half we were excellent and had Shane been more adept at staying onside we could well have won that.

We had only slightly less possession (0.2%) and passing wise we were pretty much exactly the same. I thought we were much more adventurous than them, who seemed to have a tactic of lumping it up to Dele. It might be rose tinted glasses but I stand by my comment about there not being a gulf in class.

Boufal has had some brilliant games and some games like today where hes been utterly ****e. Puel had a rage when he lost the ball for the third time in a row. Lets give Boufal time to adjust and I'm sure he will come good. Ofc people will here will write him off already..

Long tho... offside EVERY ****ing time. Unacceptable, he need to time he's run much better. He never looks likely to score anymore and can't see him anywhere near the team when Austin is back.

what drives me crazy is the wrap up commentary...

comments in regards to the non-call on Tadic..

"Spurs probably got lucky there" and then concludes with "Good win for Spurs. Now, let's look at the top of the table..."

It's completely casual when it comes to the Top teams. They get all the calls and it just gets brushed off in the analysis .. like, well it's Spurs; they are supposed to win. Honestly, no one cares if Southampton, West Brom, Stoke, Watford, etc. get done. It's just another day in the Premier League.

Spot on mate, Sky Sports just sit there creaming themselves off over the big clubs. I could have sworn the EFL Cup Final the other week only had one team in it.

A reasonable result, could have easily been a draw. I honestly wonder why I bother with the match thread for for technically related posts these days, given the standard of many of the posters on there regarding actual footy knowledge.

This!

Only saw the last half an hour, but from what I did see we certainly edged the play. That didn't turn into many good chances though. Davis had some nice touches in their half, but defensively he is weak. Was too slow to move the ball on when Dier tackled him, then later is twisting and turning on the touchline before passing it straight to the striker who Romeu then has to foul and get booked for.

Long's too-early runs are frustrating, however the one following the intricate edge-of-box play was because the pass was fractionally delayed (perhaps Long could have bent the run better), and the last one I thought was onside! But obviously Spurs appealed so it was given.

Rodriguez summed up his inability on a couple of occasions. Most of the time he wasn't anywhere to be seen, but once he was on his heels when Yoshida prodded the ball forwards and we were hit on the break, and another time he took the ball down excellently from a high pass, but then showed no awareness, pace or conviction to do anything with it. See that too often from him.

And as for Boufal... well he was quite horrific. All he thinks about is how he can pull of a trick or skill to beat his man. Sometimes it's good for him to do it, but not every time. I knew that he was looking for the nutmeg on Vertonghen in the corner at one point, so I daresay Vertonghen did too. And then we finally build an attack, get the overload and he shoots. Ok, not a dreadful effort, but again it's all about him... knock it through to Cedric, ball across the face, good chance of a goal. But no. He has ability, he can be a great player, but not playing like he did today.

Long wasn't offside every time.

He was playing the percentages knowing he'd have a clear run when he managed to time it right.

It would have worked, too, if the lino had been able to do his job properly.

H was comfortably offside. All he had to do was hang back a yard and let his speed get him to the ball.