Southampton vs. Bournemouth build up

Pass the Dutchie

To be fair to Long , since the new year his record in front of goal isn't too bad. He must play rather than JRod , who hasn't done a thing since the game at their place so doesn't deserve a start.

That's unfair on JRod ... he looked to be coming into some form and was working hard, scored against Leicester, got injured against Liverpool and then Gabbiadini was signed. I think the Twitter cat fight between his family and some others suggested that Gabbiadini's signing prompted JRod to try and look for another opportunity in the EPL but seemingly it was denied by the club, and it's been pretty clear since then that he's been cutting a frustrated individual ... and has barely had any minutes since that time.

That said, I think it's almost certain that Long will start ahead of JRod in this game anyway.

This will be the first game I can attend for ages due to serious medical problems. Do the shuttle buses still run from Central Station? Where to they pick up from?

I think you can get a shuttle bus at the cost of £3 from Blechynden Terrace, 2 hours before KO and on production of a match ticket

Last time AFCB finished above Saints?

Not since the fifties, when we were in the old Div 3 and they finished above us a couple of times.

When I started going in the seventies and scores were announced, we used to cheer if Pompey were losing and generally liked to see Bournemouth winning. They are like your kid brother. Like to beat them to show who is boss, but otherwise want to see them doing well. The lot at the wrong end of the M27 are like the kid in the playground that you really don't like. So for me the real south coast derby is with the blue few, although goodness knows when we will next play them. Bournemouth is a bit more than a visit from Stoke or West Brom, so is a kind of derby, but without any of the nastiness of Pompey games.

Really?! What do ST holders who use this service do?

A season ticket is proof that you have paid to go to the game, a membership card isn't. They may accept just a membership card, they may not. I've no idea. However, I'm a belt-and-braces kind of fellow, so if it were me I'd take along proof of purchase, just in case, given its not burdonsome to do so.

A season ticket is proof that you have paid to go to the game, a membership card isn't. They may accept just a membership card, they may not. I've no idea. However, I'm a belt-and-braces kind of fellow, so if it were me I'd take along proof of purchase, just in case, given its not burdonsome to do so.

Hence the username...?

Just to put my opinion in from the other side of your world. When I lived in Christchurch, Hampshire in the 50s and 60s, this was the derby. So, in fairness, seeing that that "other" team doesn't even feature anywhere near the top flight anymore, why not call this "the" derby? Gives a bit of an edge to the game. Unless of course the main intention is to hate the rivals then I guess it will be harder for a lot of supporters to do that where the Cherries are concerned!

It's still hard to see the Cherries as a rival although I probably would start to worry if they finished above us in the table. I'm pleased to see them in the Prem, having never thought it could be possible. I wish them well and hope to see them mid-table in May but just assume they can't possibly win against us. That would be turning the World upside down and just will not happen. I'd like at least a 2-goasl advantage just to keep them in their place.

I think you should cut him some slacks.

Gawd, I can see we're all bored waiting for the next game; how are we going to manage the summer? Endless transfer talk, no doubt.

Don't get your knickers in a twist, next Saturday will come around soon :)

I think you should cut him some slacks.

Gawd, I can see we're all bored waiting for the next game; how are we going to manage the summer? Endless transfer talk, no doubt.

To be fair the gap between games in the summer is not much longer than the gap between home games before next weekend.

This is going to be a tougher game than it should be.

Our full strength team, we win comfortably. But we're likely to concede and could well struggle to score without Austin or Gabbiadini.

Still a fair few seats available for this one. Mad that its been two months since our last home game in the middle of the season.

This is going to be a tougher game than it should be.

Our full strength team, we win comfortably. But we're likely to concede and could well struggle to score without Austin or Gabbiadini.

Still a fair few seats available for this one. Mad that its been two months since our last home game in the middle of the season.

Had a look at seats, £50 for restricted view, I know it is considered by some (at least in the media team) as a derby but seems rather pricey!

Worth noting Bournemouth have won their last two, hopefully the international break will negate any momentum they might be carrying. As you said hard to see goals but then I would argue Long or Jay are just as capable as King as getting goals - again only real difference is a patch of form.

Had a look at seats, £50 for restricted view, I know it is considered by some (at least in the media team) as a derby but seems rather pricey!

Worth noting Bournemouth have won their last two, hopefully the international break will negate any momentum they might be carrying. As you said hard to see goals but then I would argue Long or Jay are just as capable as King as getting goals - again only real difference is a patch of form.

Where the heck is restricted view in St Marys?

Worth noting Bournemouth have won their last two, hopefully the international break will negate any momentum they might be carrying. As you said hard to see goals but then I would argue Long or Jay are just as capab

le as King as getting goals - again only real difference is a patch of form.

? There are no restricted virw seats in St Marys wtf are you on??

Where the heck is restricted view in St Marys?

My daughter knows if she can come to games at the 11th hour, and had mentioned this comment about tickets with "restricted view" had started popping up. From what she could work out was the seats were low down and the men running the steady cam could be in your line of sight! Seems a bit PC if true especially as Crystal Palace have restricted view seats for the poor sods in the 1st block of the away section and QPR couldn't give a stuff for away fans on the top deck of the stand stuffed up in the corner all for top prices.

There are a few restricted view seats. At the back of the Kingsland where the extras cameras have been for the past couple of years there are a number of seats that are pretty worthless buying. There are also some seats where the railings by the exits restrict the view, though this is minor to the ones blocked by the cameras

I sh*t you not, tried to select two seats together and that is what I was offered .. to be honest I had no idea we had restricted view too but apparently it is so. £50 a pop if you fancy trying them out for a bit of consumer feedback.

There are suggestions that Caceres may start, and I wouldn't be totally surprised if Maya is rested after his long trip.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That was in The Echo the other day. They said that Yoshida probably won't play.

Fair enough. It's hard to find anyone selling The Echo in Shropshire. And I hadn't looked online.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yes, I can imagine it wouldn't exactly fly off the shelves!

I'm surprised no one already mentioned it on here as a Stephens / Caceres partnership could be a little, er, interesting.