Everton New Stadium

spyinthesky

Looks like there is an outline deal being progressed to provide a new 50,000 stadium at the Bramley-Moore Dock adjacent to the River Mersey.

Details to be confirmed but it looks at though the Liverpool City Council will underwrite some/all the capital to build the new stadium (£300m?) but will recover an annual fee for this.

Should be quite an iconic building nearer the city centre but it will be a shame to lose Goodison Park although the ground didn't have the best modern facilities.

However I can remember watching a game there one Easter, back in my youth, (against Burnley I think) when the attendance was over 70,000.

Have never seen Saints gain a point up there during my relatively regular visits.

Looks like there is an outline deal being progressed to provide a new 50,000 stadium at the Bramley-Moore Dock adjacent to the River Mersey.

Details to be confirmed but it looks at though the Liverpool City Council will underwrite some/all the capital to build the new stadium (£300m?) but will recover an annual fee for this.

Should be quite an iconic building nearer the city centre but it will be a shame to lose Goodison Park although the ground didn't have the best modern facilities.

However I can remember watching a game there one Easter, back in my youth, (against Burnley I think) when the attendance was over 70,000.

Have never seen Saints gain a point up there during my relatively regular visits.

Kevin Davies scored a good goal back in 1997 I think and we won 2-0. I think we beat them 1-0 a year or so earlier our first win when MLT wasn't playing for two seasons or something absurd!

Never been to Goodison Park but always looks to have a good atmosphere and good crowds despite living in the shadow of Liverpool.

Kevin Davies scored a good goal back in 1997 I think and we won 2-0. I think we beat them 1-0 a year or so earlier our first win when MLT wasn't playing for two seasons or something absurd!

Never been to Goodison Park but always looks to have a good atmosphere and good crowds despite living in the shadow of Liverpool.

Have never understood this view.