Southampton 0 Bournemouth 0 - Match & Reactions

Pass the Dutchie

Or maybe due to his previous game against Bournemouth JR got two?

He is still struggling with the ball at his feet though. All looks a bit laboured and predictable. Makes decent enough runs but I'm never confident he's actually going to beat and stay beyond his marker.

Nearly got one then, hopefully it will help his confidence.

Tadic.....anonymous thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not quite true. He started brightly but has faded. Could have done better with the last chance but was unlucky with the mix up (although surely he should have been screaming to leat it run).

My issue with Tadic is that when he starts to be less involved he seems to withdraw even more from the action, ends up being a bt lackadaisical when he does get on he ball. I'd like to see a bit more determination to stamp his mark on the game rather than what seems like a metaphorical shrug of the shoulders that it's not going his way.

It's still telling that most of our chances have come through him in some way though.

HT. All a bit meh

I quite enjoyed watching us play. Sure, it's frustrating we lack a cutting edge, we've had a few heart in mouth moments thanks to the gift that keeps on giving goalkeeper, and of course we haven't scored, but we've played some nice football and for me that counts for something.

Unfortunately we have a habit of only being good for one half...

We've played well, good patient football, created some decent chances and not really given them a sniff apart from the Forster mess up off the line. We've been the much better team but we've seen these sort of performances too often this season where we dominate possession don't take our chances then lose.

You can really tell who the trolls are when reading a match thread. Just so obvious.

Anyway, we've looked very comfortable in possession. Bournemouth are sitting back and want to counter. It will be tough to break them down but we've had some promising moments.