Southampton 0 Bournemouth 0 - Match & Reactions

Pass the Dutchie

Pretty much a game that encapsulates our biggest frustrations this season. Glad we didn't lose it (we perhaps should have) but when Gabbiadini or Austin are not on the pitch we just do not ever look like scoring - as a team. Really frustrating but not going to grumble too much since we missed the only two strikers we have that score goals and its all been said before.

nice fluffy puel type football

Bournemouth had the better chances ffs.

Boufal offered absolutely nothing when he came on, looking suspect for the cash paid

our regression to the level equal to Bournemouth is nearly complete. Well done SFC

nice fluffy puel type football

Bournemouth had the better chances ffs.

Boufal offered absolutely nothing when he came on, looking suspect for the cash paid

our regression to the level equal to Bournemouth is nearly complete. Well done SFC

Look on the bright side, cannot see a BIG club wanting anything that was on show today.

Look on the bright side, cannot see a BIG club wanting anything that was on show today.

we have a few bits that can be sold, you wait.

Davis is such a wet biscuit in the middle.

thought Tadic was decent

Jrod very wasteful

Boufal was utter shyte though

3 wins in our last 12. Puel is a genius

Didn't support SFC for 65 years to end up watching the pathetic game plan that Puel dishes up. It's the same old pass the ball from side to side the full length of the pitch and fail to score. Same substitutions in essence which result in us losing the plot and our defence crumbling and barely hanging on.

No wonder Jay was ****ed off, He was the only one likely to score. Will we ever get to see Careces? What have players who have done well deserved to be sidelined?. Surely we should be using the time left to build towards a decent squad for next season. We're not going to pick up anymore points playing the way Puel has been doing.

With no Europe next season, what hope have we of retaining our best players or bringing in decent reinforcements. Puel is leading us back to the dark ages.

Boufal has been a massive flop so far....

Seems I'm in the minority tonight but I thought near the box he was creative and effectively tricky. Even put a tackle in once or twice but obviously isn't all that defensively. In a team looking to attack I think he's alright and I like him on the pitch.

Seems I'm in the minority tonight but I thought near the box he was creative and effectively tricky. Even put a tackle in once or twice but obviously isn't all that defensively. In a team looking to attack I think he's alright and I like him on the pitch.

He does have potential. Think he needs a big run of games to show it but as things stand he's been disappointing imo.

We were the better team all over the pitch bar the last 20 when several players were blowing out their arses.

The finishing on display from both sides show why both teams are were they are in the table both sides forwards couldn't hit a barn door at two paces.

We play the way we did today with Gabbi up front and we win. Long and Jrod are just not up to it and we need to refresh our striking department in the summer.

Jack Wilshere is still trying to find his way out of Romeu's pocket.

Ref and linos were dodgy at best with several questionable calls.

Forster flaps at corners but pulled off one good save.

Overall a pretty entertaining 0-0 between two teams with nothing left to play for.

Oh and considering we don't care about this non derby you could have fooled me never seen people celebrate a missed penalty so enthusiastically.

Jay Rod was doing well, certainly wouldn't have taken him off for Long.

We had control then Wilshere changed it for them when they added an extra midfielder and Davis and Romeu really struggled to contain them.

Our defence struggled at times to clear the ball, but individually a lot of what Stephens and Yoshida did was good. They just don't have the presence of a VVD of course. Forster a mixed bag of telling saves and strange decision making but generally ok.

Don't really get the Tadic abuse, of course not everything comes off and he isn't exactly combative but he does generally use the ball well and most of the best play in out bright start was through him. It just doesn't work having him and Boufal on the pitch. Most of his moans about being subbed have been due to him needing to come off for Boufal to come on - perhaps Puel should have stuck to those beliefs today.

Its clear we are a flawed team, not especially decisive at either end of the pitch, and massively lacking legs in centre midfield. But its also not that far off a decent side, one that was largely excellent in a cup final just a couple of games ago.

Just back from the game. We should have been out of sight by half time. With Gabbiadini one feels that we would have been. Bournemouth stepped up a gear or two in the second half and we started to struggle with their midfield running at us. Draw probably the fair result all things considered.

Hurry back Gabbi!

Romeu my MotM

Romeu outstanding bar one tackle but when you have the useless defensive units alongside you doing bugger all he is forgiven. Puels tactics were the reason we were hanging on always like for like never change. Long and Rodriguez not leaving on the shocking Tadic.

Redmond was far too deep never threatening.

Like watching England all play no end product.

For those slating Boufal just maybe if played in right position we may get the best not stuck wide limiting his threat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Meh' just about sums that up.

Could have had a couple of penalties, their penalty was soft to say the least, our finishing could have been better, so could theirs.

Ref's performance wasn't good but we've seen so many bad ones this season it's almost not worth mentioning.

Draw probably just about fair but would expect us to do better than that normally.

At least we've kept our unbeaten home record going against them.

I quite enjoyed that game. Both teams should have had a couple of goals, a lot of the moaning comes from the fact they were stronger than us at the end of the match but then we had swathes of our team away for international duty whereas they didn't.

We definitely struggle up front without a proper goalscorer. For all his running today Rodriguez looked as likely to score as someone sat in the crowd and Long isn't much more likely. Bournemouth seemed very happy with the point at the end despite missing a penalty and some other decent chances in the last 20 minutes.

That bloke running on to take a selfie with Forster was something I've not seen before. Totally over the top for the steward to bundle him to the floor.

I quite enjoyed that game. Both teams should have had a couple of goals, a lot of the moaning comes from the fact they were stronger than us at the end of the match but then we had swathes of our team away for international duty whereas they didn't.

We definitely struggle up front without a proper goalscorer. For all his running today Rodriguez looked as likely to score as someone sat in the crowd and Long isn't much more likely. Bournemouth seemed very happy with the point at the end despite missing a penalty and some other decent chances in the last 20 minutes.

That bloke running on to take a selfie with Forster was something I've not seen before. Totally over the top for the steward to bundle him to the floor.

Yeah I wonder how many of Bournemouth's team were away on international duty a lot of our players looked leggy last 30.

Happy with a point the scenes with their fans, players and Eddie at the end were cringe worthy celebrating like they had just turned over Barca away from home rather than just getting a 0-0 in the PL.

Happy with a point the scenes with their fans, players and Eddie at the end were cringe worthy celebrating like they had just turned over Barca away from home rather than just getting a 0-0 in the PL.

I'd have been gutted walking away from that if I supported them, they missed a golden chance to beat the team they hate the most. I certainly wouldn't have been celebrating a point like that.

They should have won that so happy with a point.

Thought a major positive today was Stephens- looked really composed in possession and made some tidy passes. Romeu our best player again. Hopefully the clean sheet will do Forster some good cus he was all over the shop.

I'd have been gutted walking away from that if I supported them, they missed a golden chance to beat the team they hate the most. I certainly wouldn't have been celebrating a point like that.

Another south coast team can lend them the 'WE GOT A POINT' open bus tour

Thank God we got a point today but we're still only 7 points off the bottom 3

As in many games this season, we dominated possession for the first 60 minutes and created lots of chances but had no goal scorer to finish them then Bournemouth's superior fitness began to show and we were just hanging on at the end As well as the penalty, they missed the 2 easiest chances of the game and fluffed a free-kick right in front of the goal. Let's hope Gabbiadini comes back soon We need his goals to get another win

It's too easy to write negative descriptions of our players after a disappointing result but a draw, that shoul rightly have been a defeat doesn't mean players of international status, such as Davis, JWP, Tadic, Boufal, JRod, Long are crap, rubbish, shyte or any of other abuse hurled at them by a few a few fans whose only experience of top level football is to sit on the sidelines. Chelsea lost today against a club threatened with relegation but that doesn't mean their players are suddenly useless. There is something wrong with our team because logically as this group of players should be achieving better results. It's Claud Puel's job, with his staff, to work out why this is happening. So far he's suggested that many of the squad away on international duty had something to do with it, but that isn't all that convincing so let's hope he gives the match a more detailed examination before drawing Nigel's 'Blue Line'.

Thank God we got a point today but we're still only 7 points off the bottom 3

As in many games this season, we dominated possession for the first 60 minutes and created lots of chances but had no goal scorer to finish them then Bournemouth's superior fitness began to show and we were just hanging on at the end As well as the penalty, they missed the 2 easiest chances of the game and fluffed a free-kick right in front of the goal. Let's hope Gabbiadini comes back soon We need his goals to get another win

How many of Bournemouth's players were away on international duty compared to us I think of the players who started for us today only Jrod and Romeu got to stay at home with their feet up probably no surprise that Romeu was the only player who really didn't fade in todays game.

Lucky to get a point but thoroughly enjoyed that. Bossed the first half but hammered in the second. I think a lot of Puel but he got it wrong in subbing JWP for Bouffal. We then surrendered midfield. Tadic and Boufal are creative but lightweight and you can only afford one such player. The game changed on that sub. Got out of jail really. On the plus side thought Redmond, Romeu were excellent and J Rod put in a good shift.

I don't think I've enjoyed a penalty miss that much ...

Yeah I wonder how many of Bournemouth's team were away on international duty a lot of our players looked leggy last 30.

Yep. Ok just had to endure a trip back to Brockenhurst with Bombey fans who seem to think this result makes them kings of the south coast!

The facts are:

We were the better team

We should have put away chances and won

We tired towards the end and could have lost

The ref did us no favours whatever.

And to those pathetic individuals suggesting we were poor, no we weren't. It was just a frustrating game where we played we enough but couldn't put it to bed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

First half we alright.

Abysmal after the double sub early in 2nd half, embarrassing.

Bournemouth fans must be gutted, will never get a better chance to win at St Marys.

Good lively atmosphere in the Itchen North, shows it is a bigger game than just playing someone like West Brom.

Bizarre reading some of the hysterical comments. I thoroughly enjoyed the game, thought we were excellent first half and should have scored one if Tadic's two great chances at least. Excellent save from Boruc to stop JayRod effort.

We went to hung ho with our subs, well intentioned to score but weakened our midfield with Boufal offering no protection to Bertrand and Bournemouth sacrificed a striker to bring on Wilshere and thereby dominated midfield.

A draw fair in the end, but missing our two natural finishers understandably means we won't take as many chances until they are back.

Time to hand back to the fanatical bed wetters for the latest episode of blaming "clueless Claude, fat Kat, greedy Les" or anyone else they can have a pop at. Meanwhile we are top half with two games in hand....

Thought we were ok. Played the same as the rest of the season. We are consistent TBF.

Our subs, IMO, changed the game..after the two subs we ended up more 4 2 4 which is why Romeu and Davis were over run in midfield and suddenly we looked second best. Lucky to get away with the miss their forward put past the post.

Needed Hojbjerg or similar to even up midfield but got McQueen?