Fraser Forster

Mr X

Sorry to be harsh but he is a really poor keeper he is showing no redeeming qualities whatsoever now, can't command his six yard box, cant come for crosses, cant kick, cant make routine saves, cant get down quick enough for low shots, what is he good at?

Sorry to be harsh but he is a really poor keeper he is showing no redeeming qualities whatsoever now, can't command his six yard box, cant come for crosses, cant kick, cant make routine saves, cant get down quick enough for low shots, what is he good at?

I agree with you, but in the end, he and the curator earned us a point.

Really that bad!!! Who do you think we are going to attract that's better?.... realistically!

I said realistically!

Heaton, Pickford, Begovic...dare I say Artur Boruc is better, made a mistake there.

I was a huge fan of Forster when he first came but he's gone backwards massively, yesterday I saw why he never comes out for crosses - every time he did he tried to meekly punch them and it caused chaos. It's like he's got blisters on his hands or something.

Needs replacing in the summer.

Watching him closely I think it's fairly obvious he is carrying some sort of injury... hobbling around, hardly coming out for anything... constantly looking down at one of his knees which were in pain after the collision with Stephens yesterday. Could be a factor to why we brought Hassen in, that if it got any worse we'd have a 'competent' replacement as opposed to a professional bench warmer in Taylor.

One thing I noticed yesterday was a difference in attitude in Forster from the rest of this season. While he may not have connected with everything (apart from Jack Stephens' back), he was much more willing and inclined to come off his line to claim or punch crosses and swept up through balls a few times as well. For me, that bodes well.

Watching him closely I think it's fairly obvious he is carrying some sort of injury... hobbling around, hardly coming out for anything... constantly looking down at one of his knees which were in pain after the collision with Stephens yesterday. Could be a factor to why we brought Hassen in, that if it got any worse we'd have a 'competent' replacement as opposed to a professional bench warmer in Taylor.

How can you carry an injury for a whole ****ing season though? I'm not having that excuse. McCarthy came in and we've had big gaps between games at times. Why wasn't he rested at all apart from the odd cup game? He's not injured, he's just overrated.

One thing I noticed yesterday was a difference in attitude in Forster from the rest of this season. While he may not have connected with everything (apart from Jack Stephens' back), he was much more willing and inclined to come off his line to claim or punch crosses and swept up through balls a few times as well. For me, that bodes well.

Agreed.

Hart.

Rather have Szczesny. One year left on his contract and having a very good season at Roma who probably won't keep him as they have got Brazil's number one waiting to take over. Cech has been poor, Fabianski was known as Flappyhandski when he was at Arsenal so maybe questions should be asked of their goalkeeper coaching.

Definitely seemed that way, just hope that his reluctance to do so before wasn't because of his inability to do it effectively as we saw yesterday.

Hart is a realistic option imo.

I just don't understand why we want to pay fortunes for average players just because they've played in the PL before. Hart is better than Forster but we have a scouting system, I'd be pretty disapppinted if they can't come up with a better kepper than Hart for a lot less money

Exactly what I came here to say - suggests he's aware of what needs improving, that he's working on it, and willing to put himself on the line and risk a bit of personal embarrassment in order to improve.

I've been a big critic of his, but he did ok yesterday. Still think we should get decent money for him, & look elsewhere. I just can't see him getting much better & he still has a decent reputation which means we should get a few quid for him. Only downside is the chumps that will jump on a particular bandwagon if we do sell him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a big critic of his, but he did ok yesterday. Still think we should get decent money for him, & look elsewhere. I just can't see him getting much better & he still has a decent reputation which means we should get a few quid for him. Only downside is the chumps that will jump on a particular bandwagon if we do sell him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This for me is one of two big reasons he should be sold this summer. One bad season can be explained away as just poor form, the whole form is temporary, class is permanent thing. A second bad season and will be his poor performances that will start being seen as his class and make will him harder to offload. As things stand we could probably get someone like Palace or West Ham to buy him this summer.

The other reason is obviously having a goalkeeper that doesn't save anything handicapping us for another season.

Pre-season agreement with Everton signed, probably.

Would rather have Boruc back than Hart.

From this weeks 10 things article in the Mirror.

Fraser Forster wasn't at fault for conceding against Bournemouth but that was more by luck than judgement.

For a man mountain, Forster doesn't command his box or spread confidence. At times he looks a bag of nerves when the ball is put into his box.

That must be starting to cause a little concern for Southampton and England, given he is Joe Hart's backup.

More than once Southampton's defenders must have expected better from their goalkeeper.

He came and flapped at an early corner before missing a later loose ball which almost led to a goal for Andrew Surman.

Soon after he came for a free-kick, spilled the ball and to compound the mess clattered into Jack Stephens, leaving the young defender needing treatment.

On another occasion he did nothing, failing to communicate with his teammates, and Southampton needlessly conceded a corner.

Hard to argue with imo. Between Forster's turd form this season and our all but blunt attack its amazing we've done as well as we have this season.

From this weeks 10 things article in the Mirror.

Fraser Forster wasn't at fault for conceding against Bournemouth but that was more by luck than judgement.

For a man mountain, Forster doesn't command his box or spread confidence. At times he looks a bag of nerves when the ball is put into his box.

That must be starting to cause a little concern for Southampton and England, given he is Joe Hart's backup.

More than once Southampton's defenders must have expected better from their goalkeeper.

He came and flapped at an early corner before missing a later loose ball which almost led to a goal for Andrew Surman.

Soon after he came for a free-kick, spilled the ball and to compound the mess clattered into Jack Stephens, leaving the young defender needing treatment.

On another occasion he did nothing, failing to communicate with his teammates, and Southampton needlessly conceded a corner.

Hard to argue with imo. Between Forster's turd form this season and our all but blunt attack its amazing we've done as well as we have this season.

Any article that starts with a factual inaccuracy like that cannot be taken seriously.

What is the situation re Gazzaniga? Has he improved much out on loan? I know he was not much loved on here but I didn't think he was as poor as many liked to make out. Has there been any firm infocoming to light on his performances in Spain? I ask this as he could be putting in better performances than our current incumbent.

What is the situation re Gazzaniga? Has he improved much out on loan? I know he was not much loved on here but I didn't think he was as poor as many liked to make out. Has there been any firm infocoming to light on his performances in Spain? I ask this as he could be putting in better performances than our current incumbent.

There's been a couple of horrendous mistakes which can be found on youtube.

FF in the Echo saying he is relatively pleased with his form. Yet he also admits that there have been games whereby he has one shot to save and effectively failed. He is without doubt, technically the worst keeper we have had in years. Maybe back to Ian Andrews. Some would say he is a good shot stopper but all keepers are good shot stoppers, that is what they are supposed to do. In fact, he is not a good shot stopper, he seems to think that he is not allowed out of his six yard box and you never see him command the players. Bournemouth had corners on Saturday and Boruc was halfway up the pitch. To think we have the England goalkeeping coach training him as well, it beggars belief.

Other fans seem to have the impression he is quite good, a bit like Tadic, we really should be cashing in on these two in the summer.

FF in the Echo saying he is relatively pleased with his form. Yet he also admits that there have been games whereby he has one shot to save and effectively failed. He is without doubt, technically the worst keeper we have had in years. Maybe back to Ian Andrews. Some would say he is a good shot stopper but all keepers are good shot stoppers, that is what they are supposed to do. In fact, he is not a good shot stopper, he seems to think that he is not allowed out of his six yard box and you never see him command the players. Bournemouth had corners on Saturday and Boruc was halfway up the pitch. To think we have the England goalkeeping coach training him as well, it beggars belief.

Other fans seem to have the impression he is quite good, a bit like Tadic, we really should be cashing in on these two in the summer.

Apart from the obvious point here that FF has been very poor for quite a long time now you have to say the goalkeeping coach should be sacked going on what evidence we have for all the technical reasons raised above which are simply not addressed in any way.

I would guess the goalkeeping coach is a total waste of space.

I thought FF was OK on Saturday actually, one collision with JS apart where FF needs to growl more. The pen was down to Moss being an idiot. Came and collected better and Bournemouth's late run of chances stemmed from a tired, stale midfield stopping tracking runs (bar OR) and exposing our back 4 who had to make some stick or twist decisions.

The bigger problem is the midfield. Davis faded and taking JWP off didn't work out. PEH in for some fresh legs tonight. OR is the only screen and when you've had Morgan, Victor and VW/OR as last season's run-in screen, it makes you a hell of a lot more solid. Caceres was clearly brought in to cover JS/MY but I'd push JS into midfield to make us more solid if Maya is fresh enough to feature tonight. Got to use Caceres at some point.

I thought FF was OK on Saturday actually, one collision with JS apart where FF needs to growl more. The pen was down to Moss being an idiot. Came and collected better and Bournemouth's late run of chances stemmed from a tired, stale midfield stopping tracking runs (bar OR) and exposing our back 4 who had to make some stick or twist decisions.

The bigger problem is the midfield. Davis faded and taking JWP off didn't work out. PEH in for some fresh legs tonight. OR is the only screen and when you've had Morgan, Victor and VW/OR as last season's run-in screen, it makes you a hell of a lot more solid. Caceres was clearly brought in to cover JS/MY but I'd push JS into midfield to make us more solid if Maya is fresh enough to feature tonight. Got to use Caceres at some point.

• 4 weeks later...

Of course it is down to more than just the keeper... but much maligned Fraser Forster is 4th in running for PL golden glove award in 2016/17....

C-v2Bq6XUAAG2A8.jpg

I'm not going to deny he has had his bad moments this season, every keeper does and being the last line of defence their mistakes are magnified. But he really isn't any where near as bad as some people on this forum make out. I see little reason to get rid of him this summer.

Of course it is down to more than just the keeper... but much maligned Fraser Forster is 4th in running for PL golden glove award in 2016/17....

C-v2Bq6XUAAG2A8.jpg

I'm not going to deny he has had his bad moments this season, every keeper does and being the last line of defence their mistakes are magnified. But he really isn't any where near as bad as some people on this forum make out. I see little reason to get rid of him this summer.

He is a quality keeper and we are unlikely to get better.

We need to get him back in form.

I think he is off anyway this summer and We bought his replacement last summer (in the same way we bought Romeu to replace Wanyama in advance).. Did we pay a few million for McCarthy? That's not a sum we would pay for a reserve?

He is a quality keeper and we are unlikely to get better.

We need to get him back in form.

I think he is off anyway this summer and We bought his replacement last summer (in the same way we bought Romeu to replace Wanyama in advance).. Did we pay a few million for McCarthy? That's not a sum we would pay for a reserve?

£4m is peanuts in this market. We would sign another goalkeeper when FF goes this summer.

The biggest keeper I've ever seen that has no command of his area, doesn't communicate and doesn't organise his defence he is basically a mute statue for most games . For all his faults at least Kelvin Davis could organise his defence and give some leadership at the back.