Fraser Forster

Mr X

BBC Solent Sport‏ @solentsport 9s9 seconds ago

More

#Saintsfc @FraserForster

"I spoke before with Stuart Taylor and came up with a little plan [about penalties]. Fortunately it went my way."

Stuart Taylor comes good! Looks like he does have a purpose after all

Really please for FF today, has (rightly) come in for a fair bit of stick but showed why he is an international keeper today. the penalty save obviously speaks for itself, but to pull off that tip over at the end after having very little to do in the previous 90 mins was immense.

Wasn't able to watch, but did he actually come out and collect crosses that weren't straight at him in this game? I've said it plenty of times, there are a lot of goalkeepers out there who can make the odd worldy save or have the odd game where they save everything, but we should be aiming for something better than that.

"if you could pick anybody other than your self for the player of year award, who would you pick?"

Forster: "me? I've been ****ing **** this year, I've barely saved a thing"

Quote from the player awards the other night. At Least he has a sense of humour

"if you could pick anybody other than your self for the player of year award, who would you pick?"

For real?

He's always come across as a decent bloke, poor season or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
In ranking FF as the 7th best keeper in the Prem, the Telegraph says that FF has had a "wonderful " season:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/22/ranking-20-best-goalkeepers-premier-league-201617/7-fraser-forster-southampton/

In ranking Fraser Forster as the 7th best keeper in the PL this season they have demonstrated that the author has never seen him play and knows nothing about keeping goal. Typical ******** based questionable stats that gamers rely on without reference to the real world. One good game.

In ranking Fraser Forster as the 7th best keeper in the PL this season they have demonstrated that the author has never seen him play and knows nothing about keeping goal. Typical ******** based questionable stats that gamers rely on without reference to the real world. One good game.

Especially as some stats have him ranked very poorly (i.e. % of shots saved)! It would be bad enough to purely judge based on statistics, but seems like this guy is judging based on ONE stat!

Almost got to hope Forster plays for England mid week & has 1 of his outstanding performances so that a mega bid comes in for him & Dave Watson

Got to drop Hart but do they know what they will be in for?

Who are we playing midweek btw?

Ludicrous that Butland isn't No.1 choice.

Annoying that we didn't sign him when first talked about in 2012, although Brum were holding out for £6m at the time, eventually flogging him for £4m.

Still we signed Gazzaniga instead.

Almost got to hope Forster plays for England mid week & has 1 of his outstanding performances so that a mega bid comes in for him & Dave Watson

Don't be so pathetic. Can't you find something better to do in the close season except write rubbish like this. Go on holiday and chill out.

Not going to happen. Tom Heaton and Jack Butland set to share goalkeeper duties at the Stade De France for the Three Lions. Looks like Southgate's sussed him out!

Not going to happen. Tom Heaton and Jack Butland set to share goalkeeper duties at the Stade De France for the Three Lions. Looks like Southgate's sussed him out!

Looks like he's well down the pecking order for England now with Hart, Butland and Heaton being selected ahead of him plus Southgate clearly intends to bring the excellent Pickford into the frame soon.

Good options for this position for England - mad to think Alex Mccarthy was in the squad back in September!