Crystal Palace Build-up Thread

SuperSAINT

We are due a win at home, bit of luck, opposition mistake, goal keeper drop, just something for a change; a decent ref would help too! Worried if Zaha, Puncheon and Townsend get revved up with Benteke, I think McQueen should play with Bertrand and Cedric will need some help, didn't get a lot second half today. Not sure who I would rest for Caceres though as Jack looks better every game and Maya OK but still susceptible to a head rush mistake. Then the dilemmas start!

They've won their last 4 league games

They'll be confident, but it wasn't long ago that they lost 4-0 at home to Sunderland, so let's hope that they show some complacency

They didn't have Sakho then. He has made a massive difference.

Just looked at the physio-room website.

Palace have Dann & Tomkins now injured. I'm not sure who's playing alongside Sakho recently.

Tomkins got injured yesterday, Dann came onto replace him and then got injured too (both bad injuries tbf)

Delaney came on to replace Dann.

Just looked at the physio-room website.

Palace have Dann & Tomkins now injured. I'm not sure who's playing alongside Sakho recently.

They could probably play Coco The Clown, or Ronald MacDonald there on Wednesday and they'll probably contain a JayRod (65 minutes)/Long(for the rest) strikeforce though.

Its not opposition CB's that we have to worry about, its our own ineptitude in front of goal this season.

Got to start caceres in this one otherwise what was the point in bringing him in! That would be the only change for me

Forster

Cedric Caceres Yoshida Bertrand

Davis Romeu

Ward-Prowse Tadic Redmond

Rodriguez

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Got to start caceres in this one otherwise what was the point in bringing him in! That would be the only change for me

Forster

Cedric Caceres Yoshida Bertrand

Davis Romeu

Ward-Prowse Tadic Redmond

Rodriguez

Oh scrap that Gabbiadini is fit so him in for Rodriguez

Hard to see where we're going to get a goal from, especially against the improved Palace defence. Perhaps if we were to play Long AND J-Rod together we might be a bit more potent in attack, thought J-Rod worked hard yesterday but looked isolated at times.

Hard to see where we're going to get a goal from, especially against the improved Palace defence. Perhaps if we were to play Long AND J-Rod together we might be a bit more potent in attack, thought J-Rod worked hard yesterday but looked isolated at times.

I read yesterday we have only scored 14 goals in 13 home games, the only team in the league with a worse record than that is Middlesbrough. When was the last time we had such a poor goals to games ratio?

On Saturday we could easily have scored 3 or 4 if we'd had a decent finisher on the pitch, Rodriguez, Long, Tadic and Ward-Prowse all had good chances plus Yoshida had a free header he put wide,

Still loads of home end tickets available for this game. Palace have sold out according to their website although it doesn't say if they took the full 3300 allocation.

Can't remember many good games against Big Sam's teams over the years so going for another 0-0.

Palace away is definitely up there with our worst games this season.

I read yesterday we have only scored 14 goals in 13 home games, the only team in the league with a worse record than that is Middlesbrough. When was the last time we had such a poor goals to games ratio?

On Saturday we could easily have scored 3 or 4 if we'd had a decent finisher on the pitch, Rodriguez, Long, Tadic and Ward-Prowse all had good chances plus Yoshida had a free header he put wide,

Still loads of home end tickets available for this game. Palace have sold out according to their website although it doesn't say if they took the full 3300 allocation.

Can't remember many good games against Big Sam's teams over the years so going for another 0-0.

Palace away is definitely up there with our worst games this season.

Fourteen goals? It feels like a lot less.

This has the potential to be one of the worst games of the season, with both teams lacking quality in the final third.

A boring 0-0 is my prediction.

My only concern is that Benteke could bully our CB's and they'll no doubt use pace down the wings to get crosses in the box.

This has the potential to be one of the worst games of the season, with both teams lacking quality in the final third.

A boring 0-0 is my prediction.

My only concern is that Benteke could bully our CB's and they'll no doubt use pace down the wings to get crosses in the box.

They don't have a great deal of depth, but that front 3 Zaha, Townsend, Benteke will cause teams problems. They are packed full of pace and if we play like we did in the 2nd half of the 2nd half on Saturday, then they will have a field day.

From our side, I want to see Redmond stretching the play and running at them - just like Bournemouth players did at the weekend. I love watching Gray at Leicester and he has so many similar attributes to Redmond, but Gray doesn't play with any fear or pre-defined roles - he just attacks teams, and it works. It's exactly how Mane played for us last year, I don't remember him having a set position week in week out, he would just run at teams and commit them in the final third from either side.

They don't have a great deal of depth, but that front 3 Zaha, Townsend, Benteke will cause teams problems. They are packed full of pace and if we play like we did in the 2nd half of the 2nd half on Saturday, then they will have a field day.

From our side, I want to see Redmond stretching the play and running at them - just like Bournemouth players did at the weekend. I love watching Gray at Leicester and he has so many similar attributes to Redmond, but Gray doesn't play with any fear or pre-defined roles - he just attacks teams, and it works. It's exactly how Mane played for us last year, I don't remember him having a set position week in week out, he would just run at teams and commit them in the final third from either side.

Completely agree - I've been very critical of Redmond (mainly early part of this season) as I've been crying out for him to get a bit of confidence and use his pace to trouble the defense. He started to do it (think last couple of months) and lone behold he became one of our best players, when he's not, he brings us absolutely nothing though, IMO...

No Gabbi no goals :(

I'd just be happy for this season to end now it was all about the cup final and that's been and gone.

Lets just get to the summer, get the usual summer sales out the way early and give Puel a full pre-season to build his team and go again next season.

I'd just be happy for this season to end now it was all about the cup final and that's been and gone.

Lets just get to the summer, get the usual summer sales out the way early and give Puel a full pre-season to build his team and go again next season.

Agreed with all of this, until you got to the Puel bit.

I don't get this attitude. We'll have loads of seasons where we don't win a cup and are midtable in March/April, will you always want them to just end?

I don't get this attitude. We'll have loads of seasons where we don't win a cup and are midtable in March/April, will you always want them to just end?

Do you find the battle for 9th -15th super exciting? I would probably have found the end of season slightly more interesting if VVD and Gabbi were fit and firing but we aren't getting relegated and we aren't going to be threatening a European place either it all has a whiff of meh now. Of course if your finding it super exciting good for you.

Whatever happened to just enjoying an individual game? Really find this idea that it is all about the season and how we finish a bit odd. We never used to worry about the season, as long as we avoided relegation. It was always about going to see an exciting game, goals and hopefully 2/3 points. It's why I have not been happy this season. With a couple of exceptions, dull football, lack of wins, no real passion or excitement.

Do you find the battle for 9th -15th super exciting? I would probably have found the end of season slightly more interesting if VVD and Gabbi were fit and firing but we aren't getting relegated and we aren't going to be threatening a European place either it all has a whiff of meh now. Of course if your finding it super exciting good for you.

To be honest, I always look forward to Southampton playing with a healthy mix of excitement and trepidation, and it doesn't matter where we are in the table for that to be the case. In fact, as much as football is about the jubilant highs and gut wrenching lows, there is also something to be said for watching a game knowing that, while the 90 minutes still consumes me, an undesirable outcome doesn't have grave consequences!

------------Forster-------------------

Cedric---Yoshi---Caceres---Bertrand

-------------Romeu------------------

-------Redmond---Ward-Prowse-----

--------------Tadic-------------------

-------Boufal-----JRod--------------

Subs: McCarthy, Stephens, Davis, Hojbjerg, Long

"Attacking Diamond!" I hear you exclaim? Well, why not - Tadic likes it better in the middle, and JWP & Redmond work better as 'inside right/left' type players, it seems. Could always see it as Tadic squeezing between those two?

It pains me not to start with Hoj, but Redmond's playing too well at the moment. Maybe try him instead of JWP?

Bring Davis on later to shore up defensively, or Hoj on to add to the attack.

Gabba injured, Austin injured, VvD injured.

Anybody know what's happening with Reed, Targett, Hesketh & Sims.