Cedric Soares - Official: Loaned to Arsenal

Saint Garrett

• 10 months later...
Any news on where Cedric is, I'm guessing he's late back due to the Nationals league final but its all been very quite reference any transfer gossip being he is one of our more saleable assets.

He didn’t make the Portuguese squad so not sure why he’s not back unless the Italian season ended later than ours

Any news on where Cedric is, I'm guessing he's late back due to the Nationals league final but its all been very quite reference any transfer gossip being he is one of our more saleable assets.

Inter Milan's season finished 2 weeks later than Southampton's...

- Premier League finished on 12th May

- Serie A finished on 26th May

He didn’t make the Portuguese squad so not sure why he’s not back unless the Italian season ended later than ours

The Italian season finished 2 weeks after the PL, plus he got married last week, probably agreed an extension due to that. All his antiSocial Media posts suggest he is no his way back from holidays.

At this stage I wouldn't actually be that surprised if he stays next season. He doesn't have to leave and is on a good salary and we need a decent and reliable back-up to valery.

On the plus side for us, we'd have decent back-up with someone we don't care about having to keep happy with game time (you'd imagine he'd put a shift in when he did play as he'll be looking to earn a contract somewhere).

On the downside, we could do with the his transfer fee and might see him as a negative influence in the dressing room.

Not saying he will or should stay, just that I wouldn't be shocked.

At this stage I wouldn't actually be that surprised if he stays next season. He doesn't have to leave and is on a good salary and we need a decent and reliable back-up to valery.

On the plus side for us, we'd have decent back-up with someone we don't care about having to keep happy with game time (you'd imagine he'd put a shift in when he did play as he'll be looking to earn a contract somewhere).

On the downside, we could do with the his transfer fee and might see him as a negative influence in the dressing room.

Not saying he will or should stay, just that I wouldn't be shocked.

If we can’t sell him we’ll loan him out again if anyone’s interested. The same arguments above applied last year when we had no proper right back cover and Valery was even less experienced.

I would be surprised if no one comes in for him.

Agreed. International right back, 27, 4 years premier league experience, on year left on his contract so will available for a knock down fee. Thought there’d be a lot of takers.

There seem to be a few players not back, at least not noticed in any of the training pics/videos. Haven't noticed Armstrong, Bednarek, Moi, Long, JWP, PEH, Redmond, Gunn, Sims. Maybe one or two of them have been missed (by me) but it looks like anyone who was involved in any sort of international game during June is not here yet (even ones who were not actually selected for final squads).

Of all the players we are looking to shift Cedric is the one I wouldn’t mind staying.
Why?

He won't play and then will leave for free next summer when his contract ends.

We should be trying to get whatever we can and move on.

Why?

He won't play and then will leave for free next summer when his contract ends.

We should be trying to get whatever we can and move on.

i meant in terms of quality of player IF we can’t shift him/them. Pretty decent cover at the very least

At this stage I wouldn't actually be that surprised if he stays next season.

Is that possible? Whereas Ralph has never seen Boufal in action and probably hasn't even met him, Cedric and Ralph have some history and one senses Ralph had more or less told him that he (Cedric) had no part to play in his (Ralph's) plans. That seems to me to rule out any chance of a reconciliation or re-integration in a Hasenhuttl team.

For all that and all the vile abuse that Cedric gets on here, he is a very decent player with a recent European Championship winning medal in his pocket. They don't grow on trees.

Bearing in mind the very strong Portuguese connection in everything that is the new Wolves, chances are they will be bidders for his services.

If we are happy to lose him on a free next sunmer then he could be a good option as able to cover LB at a push.

Not sure his ego would cope being behind Valery, but at least he is a decent PL quality player unlike Hoedt, Clasie etc.

If we are happy to lose him on a free next sunmer then he could be a good option as able to cover LB at a push.

Not sure his ego would cope being behind Valery, but at least he is a decent PL quality player unlike Hoedt, Clasie etc.

In which case he'll make sure he is first choice and Valery will have to get used to the idea of competition for his position which he didn't have last season.

Interesting conundrum is Cedric. Decent RB, not great in air, but that should be sorted out by defensive drills and him not put in that position. Personally for me, Valery has clearly more ability, but very raw. I’d keep them both, of course, if Cedric was happy to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting conundrum is Cedric. Decent RB, not great in air, but that should be sorted out by defensive drills and him not put in that position. Personally for me, Valery has clearly more ability, but very raw. I’d keep them both, of course, if Cedric was happy to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

half decent left back cover. Better than Targett anyway.

He's on the pre-season tour so I presume based on those that have been left behind either we want him to stay or there are no takers.

We want him to stay of course. We sold Targett so we have no experienced cover for Valery or Bertie. Judging by the pics being leaked out of Austria he is really putting his heart and soul into pre-season and my bet is he'll regain a starting place in preference to Valery or we might even see him in as an attacking midfielder to replace Lemina. He has pace for sure and can tackle so play him in a position where his height in defence doesn't count against him.

Whatever, the rift between him and Ralph seems to have blown over which has to be a good thing. Now that Gallagher is on his way maybe Ralph no longer considers it important that Cedric should know all about Gallagher's private life!

We want him to stay of course. We sold Targett so we have no experienced cover for Valery or Bertie. Judging by the pics being leaked out of Austria he is really putting his heart and soul into pre-season and my bet is he'll regain a starting place in preference to Valery or we might even see him in as an attacking midfielder to replace Lemina. He has pace for sure and can tackle so play him in a position where his height in defence doesn't count against him.

Whatever, the rift between him and Ralph seems to have blown over which has to be a good thing. Now that Gallagher is on his way maybe Ralph no longer considers it important that Cedric should know all about Gallagher's private life!

What's this then? Do tell.

What about his ability to pass the ball to a teammate? Is there a position that removes the effect of that limitation too?

Wouldnt be a disaster to keep Cedric IMO if he is committed.

He is a decent PL quality player, rarely injured and happy to cover LB as well as RB.

Keep for a year, lose on a free next summer which isnt much of a loss as we only paid £4m for him and he wouldnt generate much this summer anyway.

Wouldnt be a disaster to keep Cedric IMO if he is committed.

He is a decent PL quality player, rarely injured and happy to cover LB as well as RB.

Keep for a year, lose on a free next summer which isnt much of a loss as we only paid £4m for him and he wouldnt generate much this summer anyway.

Wasn't this rumoured to be behind his exit? That he refused to come on when asked to play LB?

What about his ability to pass the ball to a teammate? Is there a position that removes the effect of that limitation too?

Unfair and not particularly true. On last season's evidence he is by no means top of the list of our worst offenders, our quadruple CBs seem to think it's part of their contract.

• 2 weeks later...
In The Daily Star today too....

Would Monaco be able to pay him what he thinks he's worth? They've not got any European football to entice him and, of course, boost their income.

Edited by Chewy
Typo

Would Monaco be able to pay him what he thinks he's worth? They've not got any European football to entice him and, of course, boost their income.
Monaco have always got money sloshing around from sales. Leicester just gave them £40m for Tielemans.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

This article mentioned Cedric being a potential target for Monaco IF Sidibe or Henrichs leave this summer.

Everton are now apparently in for Sidibe: https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2019/as-monaco-to-send-djibril-sidibe-on-loan-to-everton/

Time for one of those Tweets tonight...

Cédric Soares

@OficialCedric

·

13m

“Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about those who don’t. Believe everything happens for a reason.” #HarveyMacKay

EA0uC0mX4AAtvYN?format=jpg&name=small

I don't think I've seen a Cedric photo posted on here where he isn't the focal point of a posed photo.

Ronaldo must of been giving him pointers it's just a pity he can't play like him.

Also Cedric stopping mugging 12yr olds for your trousers

• 4 weeks later...