Cedric Soares - Official: Loaned to Arsenal

Saint Garrett

We need players fully committed to Southampton following that 9-0 against Leicester. Cedric's already thinking of his life away from Southampton, which is a shame as he's a better option than Valery at the moment, but he can also definitely improved upon.

So Cedric announces he wants to leave this week and then storms off in his Porsche today before the final whistle. He looked pretty angry. God knows what’s gone on there. Zero respect for the club, his team mates, manager and fans. I and quite a few fans let him know what we thought. Hope he never wears the shirt again. Him and a few others are poison

That's not great but can understand him and valery being utterly annoyed that ralph would prefer to play a centre mid in their position rather than them and in cedric's place ask him to play out of position, when shock horror it doesn't work(like it didn't earlier in the season), rather than switch him to his natural position, would prefer to stick with no natural right back.

That's not great but can understand him and valery being utterly annoyed that ralph would prefer to play a centre mid in their position rather than them and in cedric's place ask him to play out of position, when shock horror it doesn't work(like it didn't earlier in the season), rather than switch him to his natural position, would prefer to stick with no natural right back.

I can see why he would be frustrated of course. But that’s inexcusable if you ask me. What does that show to the rest of the team and management. So disrespectful

I can see why he would be frustrated of course. But that’s inexcusable if you ask me. What does that show to the rest of the team and management. So disrespectful

Constantly played out of position by Manager. Constant put down by fans despite being played out of position, I would want out and as soon as possible. Chances are he will go to a club who will play him correctly and like Tadic at the moment who went for a song is now the local hero.

Disrespectful just plainly like us all pi%%ed off.

Constantly played out of position by Manager. Constant put down by fans despite being played out of position, I would want out and as soon as possible. Chances are he will go to a club who will play him correctly and like Tadic at the moment who went for a song is now the local hero.

Disrespectful just plainly like us all pi%%ed off.

Didn’t he play a grand total of 4 games while on loan at Inter who showed no interest in signing him permanently.

Didn’t he play a grand total of 4 games while on loan at Inter who showed no interest in signing him permanently.

He did and Inter showed no interest. Could be his wages, could be demands by Soton. When he is a free agent it will be better for him and to be fair, he could show more potential.

Soton have made many mistakes just to get the cash in and continue to do so.

No matter what you think of him he has played all his career at right back and has been successful there. So why the f*ck play him at left back?

You're right to be fair, he's **** and useless, but at let him prove himself as **** and useless in his natural position

So Cedric announces he wants to leave this week and then storms off in his Porsche today before the final whistle. He looked pretty angry. God knows what’s gone on there. Zero respect for the club, his team mates, manager and fans. I and quite a few fans let him know what we thought. Hope he never wears the shirt again. Him and a few others are poison

Well done, help run another of the better players out of the club *slow clap*

Well done, help run another of the better players out of the club *slow clap*

He himself has said he wants to leave. Then he leaves before the end of the game without being there for his team mates. You think we should feel sorry for him as he races away in a brand new Porsche? You think we should have clapped him and thanked him for his attitude?

I'm not condoning his behaviour but if you took a job as an electrician say, and then your boss made you do plumbing, and everyone was having a pop at you because you're not a great plumber, it would not he surprising if you were upset.

I'm not condoning his behaviour but if you took a job as an electrician say, and then your boss made you do plumbing, and everyone was having a pop at you because you're not a great plumber, it would not he surprising if you were upset.

this.

He must have thought “what the **** am I doing out here on the left while that midfield **** is filling my spot”.......oh sorry that’s what I was thinking :mcinnes:

If Valery had been right back and RH asked Cedric to fill left back cos there was nobody else then fair enough but to play two people out of position in a **** defence when only one was needed is just crazy.

Like many of our players he seems to think he's way better than he actually is. He's been here for nearly four years and has been mostly poor in that time and if it's true he left before the end then that's very arrogant and disrespectful. Let's not forget he 'earning' tens of thousands of pounds a week. I would be happy not to see him in a Saints shirt again.

Thanks for the support...... jeeez

He himself has said he wants to leave. Then he leaves before the end of the game without being there for his team mates. You think we should feel sorry for him as he races away in a brand new Porsche? You think we should have clapped him and thanked him for his attitude?

Looks like you left before the end of the game as well, stayed to support your team. Think I would have been well ****ed off yesterday if I was Cedric.

Looks like you left before the end of the game as well, stayed to support your team. Think I would have been well ****ed off yesterday if I was Cedric.

Yes I did. I pay for 4 season tickets for my family each year, plus kits etc which is a big chunk of my annual salary. I think I have the right to decide when I leave the ground, particularly having 2 young kids with me. Cedric is paid to be there, I am not. Plus his weekly salary is probably something I will be earning in a couple/few years. Criticise all you want you bell end

Yes I did. I pay for 4 season tickets for my family each year, plus kits etc which is a big chunk of my annual salary. I think I have the right to decide when I leave the ground, particularly having 2 young kids with me. Cedric is paid to be there, I am not. Plus his weekly salary is probably something I will be earning in a couple/few years. Criticise all you want you bell end

I'll criti ise early Leavers all I want, thank you. I'll also call you a bell end, because that's what you clearly are.

I'll criti ise early Leavers all I want, thank you. I'll also call you a bell end, because that's what you clearly are.

Yeah clearly. If you are happy for a player to earn all that money for 45 mins work and then walk out on his team mates then that’s up to you. In my eyes it doesn’t matter if he plays left back, right back, up front, in goal or on the bench he should have been there. Didn’t see Kyle walker kicking off when he was stuck in goal coming off the bench. He did the best he could for his team.

I think there are lines which should not be crossed if you are blessed enough to earn a living playing professional football.

It's bad enough that a substituted player has a tantrum and struts down the tunnel, rather than taking their place on the bench to watch the remainder of the game, but to make the decision to shower, get dressed and leave the building is so utterly disrespectful to the club.

It simply says, "**** you, I don't want to be here anymore".

Of course he is entitled to be upset because he is not playing in his preferred position. He is entitled to feel aggrieved because he is scape-goated by his half-time substitution, but he is not entitled to stick two-fingers up and strop off, like a spoilt 14 year old.

He is a super-highly paid professional. He needs to ****ing act like one. The man in charge of first team affairs chose to play Cedric out of position and then chose to sub him at half time. This is the prerogative of the first team manager.

Get over yourself Cedric. If you don't like it, ask to be released from your current contract and go find yourself a new employer in January, (or better still, buy yourself out of your current contract).

I am sure clubs are queuing up to match your Southampton salary and land themselves a decent enough full-back, with the attitude of a stroppy teenager.

I think there are lines which should not be crossed if you are blessed enough to earn a living playing professional football.

It's bad enough that a substituted player has a tantrum and struts down the tunnel, rather than taking their place on the bench to watch the remainder of the game, but to make the decision to shower, get dressed and leave the building is so utterly disrespectful to the club.

Of course he is entitled to be upset because he is not playing in his preferred position. He is entitled to feel aggrieved because he is scape-goated by his half-time substitution, but he is not entitled to stick two-fingers up and strop off, like a spoilt 14 year old.

He is a super-highly paid professional. He needs to ****ing act like one. The man in charge of first team affairs chose to play Cedric out of position and then chose to sub him at half time. This is the prerogative of the first team manager.

Get over yourself Cedric. If you don't like it, ask to be released from your current contract and go find yourself a new employer in January, (or better still, buy yourself out of your current contract).

I am sure clubs are queuing up to match your Southampton salary and land themselves a decent enough full-back, with the attitude of a stroppy teenager.

Well said

And buy a pair of socks on the way out, you weird little ****.

Merit in this. Nobody comes out of this with any credit least of all Hasenhuttl who seems to have the man management skills of a goat. Cedric did not play any more badly than the rest of that shower yesterday so why make him the fall guy when useless journeymen like Ward Prowse coast through every match with hardly a touch of the ball in active play and hardly a rebuke from the boss.

What a strange analogy. Do you really think there is such a massive difference between played LWB to playing RWB? It's not like he had to go in goal. He's played in that position for us before without being so terrible.

He was using his right foot at times when so obviously his left would have been the better option, even as his weaker foot. It was almost laughable at times. Now makes me wonder if he was doing it deliberately, making a point.

"I should be on the right, I'm right footed. Everything with the right foot today no matter what. This is what you get when you put me in the wrong place, stupid manager."

What a strange analogy. Do you really think there is such a massive difference between played LWB to playing RWB? It's not like he had to go in goal. He's played in that position for us before without being so terrible.

Of course it’s possible for a right back to play left back but why put him there and then stick a midfielder in his natural position?

Quite. I'm not saying I agree with how we lined up.. just that comparing playing a wingback defender in the opposite side is hardly like an electrician being asked to do some plumbing.

Cedric was **** because he's clearly not interested. Plus he's been **** for a long time, given he's been a mainstay in the squad throughout the multi year decline.

I think Cedric may be the main poison. If he left before the final whistle we should terminate his contract. Cut out the cancer. Odious little toad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Behave - the club have absolutely shafted him and than more. He is played in the wrong position and blamed for the display. But hey carry on and find a convenient scape goat, instead of focusing on the real issue.

No, he is a footballer being asked to play football. Moreover, he is a fullback/wingback being asked to play fullback/wingback. He wasn't being asked to be a wicket keeper or a hooker, or to be the goalkeeper or striker.

Unless there was a personal/family emergency none of us have been made aware of, to leave the way he did is disrespectful to the club, management and supporters.

No, he is a footballer being asked to play football. Moreover, he is a fullback/wingback being asked to play fullback/wingback. He wasn't being asked to be a wicket keeper or a hooker, or to be the goalkeeper or striker.

Unless there was a personal/family emergency none of us have been made aware of, to leave the way he did is disrespectful to the club, management and supporters.

I'm not sure he is that committed. Last season he was left out of the squad, he left St Mary's at just before 2.30 jumped into a car and drove off South. He ran across in front of our car. Obviously not interested enough to stay and support his team that is making him a multi millionaire.

Has Hassenhuttl actually specifically criticised him, or are the people saying he's been made a scapegoat purely doing so because he was taken off at half time?

No one was surprised, and most were happy round me. There can't be an amateur footballer alive who hasn't been asked to play out of position, and most will say 'I'll do my best' and get on with it. In some respects you could see it as a compliment from HH in that he thought that an experienced professional, who has played that position before should be able to cope and was his best choice. Cedric obviously disabused him of that notion, and I don't know who would want such a player: Milan certainly didn't.

Player behaving like petulant little *****s should be careful what they wish for. I don’t recall that many of the 05 squad playing top level again after we went down and this lot are even more **** than they were. The arrogance of some thinking they can coast through games, send us down and then automatically play top tier European football afterwards is a joke. I reckon we’ve got about 3 players who other premier league, German, Italian it Spanish clubs might look at. That’s about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody think that he may have deliberately shanked that cross with his right foot in order to make a point to his manager?

You would hope that a professional footballer would have too much pride in their own performance to do something like that deliberately...but who knows?

May I ask you to name the 3 players who in your opinion would be wanted by other Prem sides etc. I honestly can’t think of one, not one.

Ings. Would get into Norwich team just about. McCarthy might get on a bench somewhere. Bertrand could do one season as a squad player at, say, Newcastle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May I ask you to name the 3 players who in your opinion would be wanted by other Prem sides etc. I honestly can’t think of one, not one.

Redmond, Boufal, Ings, James Ward-Prowse ... I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel, but could see Watford, Norwich, Sheffield United maybe being interested. But your point is relevant, Saints have a poor squad, full of billy big ******** who need to up their game as they're currently playing and EARNING well above their level.

Any players reading? Good, I hope so, buck your ideas up, start working harder, back the manager, earn your money and keep your well paid job.