Cedric Soares - Official: Loaned to Arsenal

Saint Garrett

This is exactly why the need to close the window before the start of the season. Chelsea had a torrid time last Saturday, it appears they have lost their minds. Cedric won't go this season maybe next? If an offer has come in for Cedric as well as VD, this will show the resolve of Saints new owners as to money matters and their full intent.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/15/chelsea-target-cedricsoares-aim-make-three-signings-month/

Some comedy here.

If £15m is all that Chelsea would offer then it won't get very far. He signed a new deal last summer so I think has three years left.

I think in todays market he would be a £25-£30m player and likely will go next summer with two yesrs left on his contract.

But this summer? Little chance.

And this summer for £15m? LOL

This. £15m is a joke.

at least £25m, but even then, I can't see selling him at this stage in the window without a proper replacement. There is no incentive for the club to sell at this time and would only hurt the squad.

I can't see us selling him for £15 million. If the number we are seeking for VVD is true (£70 million), then surely Cedric is worth half of that, or at least a third of that figure based on today's market?

Can we afford to sell him at this stage? Not really unless we can find a replacement, but that could be expensive since teams will put their prices up if we receive big money for VVD and Cedric.

I suppose we could always do a double deal with Chelsea, say a 100 million for them both and Costa on loan for the year (this parts unlikely but a fan can dream!)? Granted replacing VVD and Cedric would be tough and would go against us fighting to get to the next level, but for that money we should be able to do it like we have replaced players before.

£15 million! :lol: Wow the media must hate us or something, perhaps for forcing VVD at gunpoint to sign a 6 year contract and holding him captive in a specially built underground bunker to stop him joining their beloved Liverpool. :rolleyes: Cedric, one of the best right backs in the league, is worth at least double that with 3 years of his contract left to run. That's less than Britt Assombalonga cost 'Boro. :)

I would definitely hold on to Cedric for one more year and I would think the club will especially as he was made a special interview upon his return. Plus after the World Cup it's possible he will be a European and World Cup winner. It gives another year too for Valery (or ehatever the kids name is) who seems to have started well for tbe U23s to progress a bit furtger.

Found the original source: http://www.corrieredellosport.it/news/calcio/talent-scout/2017/08/15-29267409/cedric_soares_c_e_anche_l_offerta_del_chelsea/

It actually says there that his valuation is 15m euros. So we now know where our idiot press got the 15m pounds from. Only question is, how did Corriere dello Sport come up with 15m euros as Cédric's valuation... went to check what his valuation on transfermarkt is and... https://www.transfermarkt.com/cedric-soares/profil/spieler/112988

Load of bullsh!t from start to finish.

Can’t see us selling him this window being that we’ve made our position of wanting to keep our best players clear and because of how far into the window we are. If they think we are going to accept a price as low as £15/20m, especially from a team like Chelsea who everyone knows has money (and is now seemingly a little desperate for players) they’ve got another thing coming. I do think this could end up being his last season with us though if he is still in demand come next summer.

Basically the market is such, that you do not want to buy another player from a PL side as it will cost you an astronomical amount if they are half decent. Think more along the lines of £45m for Siggurdson, £30m for Pickford (and yes, I know he came from a relegated side) rather than £15m for JRod (who was priced due to risk).

Well now it's just bouncing around in the media echo chamber... Corriere dello Sport starts it, the Sun copies it, Jason Burt in the Telegraph then copies it from the Sun, then the Evening Standard copies it from Burt.

Doesn't he have 3 years left on his contract? Coupled with the fact he's a Euro winner and still young he should be around the Kyle Walker amount I would have thought...

The home grown rules create a premium for English players which can only grow if rules changes are made requiring more home grown players in the future.

Do these journalists ever do any research? Rhetoric question as it's obvious they don't. All they want is a story about one of the big city clubs because it sells more papers. Truth doesn't come into it.

What is the truth? Saints' chairman has repeated this week that no player will be sold that the club does not want to sell. Fans should stop taking the bait thrown out by these overpaid hacks.

This kind of bullshut is typical of the press. Little old saints say know one for sale this summer yet spurs and Chelsea are somehow fighting it out to sign him!! Almost assumes we have no say in it. Because two big clubs want him the only outcome is he goes to one or the other. I would say the favourite in the Betting should be that he stays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silly, unreasonable Southampton are not willing to let their European Championship winning defender leave in the last week of the transfer window unless cash-strapped Chelsea are willing to pay more than Burnley have just shelled out for Chris Wood.

Had you heard of Hoedt a few weeks ago? Or Lemina? Had you heard of Gabbiadini when we signed him? Or Cedric?

There's your answer, pal.

Spot on.. Everyone's replaceable and some people are paid a lot of money to find them replacements.

It's concerning that next summer, there's a high chance that we could lose 3 of our back 4.

To a certain extent it is easy for "journalists" [sic] to pump out any old shît about a Saints player being bought by a big boy. In seasons past, the chances of it happening were pretty high and therefore the believabilty of the current story might also be quite high. That it might be based on nothing other than conjecture is neither here nor there. It fills column inches/gets clicks. QED.