Cedric Soares - Official: Loaned to Arsenal

Saint Garrett

• 6 months later...

"Being an experienced Portuguese international, many in Cedric’s home country believe he should be aiming higher than where he currently is, especially with Southampton finding themselves in a relegation battle this season."

Maybe those "many in Cedric's home country" should ponder on why "Southampton find themselves in a relegation battle" if they've supposedly got Champions League quality players in their ranks....

"Being an experienced Portuguese international' date=' many in Cedric’s home country believe he should be [b']aiming higher[/b] than where he currently is, especially with Southampton finding themselves in a relegation battle this season."

What even higher than row Z that his crosses go into?

Maybe those "many in Cedric's home country" should ponder on why "Southampton find themselves in a relegation battle" if they've supposedly got Champions League quality players in their ranks....

Perhaps those “many” should also take a look at what happened with fellow countryman Jose Fonte as well !

He's so fast at getting back though. Watching him 1 on 1 defensively he gives me confidence. I like him, one of my favourite players atm. Don't know why he has had such problems with delivery but I still think he could come good there.

Stands off his man allowing a cross way to often, almost a given he’ll lose any aerial challenge, and his end product is ****ing atrocious. Decent speed to recover, but that’s pretty much a given for a full back these days. If we can get good money for him i’d wish him well, for me Pied is better from the small glimpses i’ve seen, just not fit enough.

Some of the comments dissing Cedric are outrageous! Who do you think we are FFS? Cedric has some great attributes and Saints are pretty lucky to have an international of his calibre. The skill needed to control the ball and score last week was sublime. In fact I might like to see him in a more advanced role...probably better than Redmond.

That might be the case, but he has been dreadful this season. You're the mentalist if you think he's had a good season, with respect.

The same can be said about every single player in our squad.

Cedric is a good player, up in the top 5 RB’s in the league, IMO.

Who are the the four above him in your view?

Walker, tripper, Bellerín. Clyne (when’s he’s not sticking gear up his nose) and probably Azpilicueta (although he seems to be playing CB atm) are also better.

There’s not much between Cedric, Valencia and Moses, although Moses is more of a winger.

The same can be said about every single player in our squad.

Cedric is a good player, up in the top 5 RB’s in the league, IMO.

Walker, Trippier, Clyne, Bellerin, Azpilicueta, Coleman, Valencia all comfortably better than him. Moses, Fosu-Mensah, Alexander-Arnold all in with a good case. I’m never in the ‘he’s **** now that he wants to leave’ camp, but I just don’t think Cedric is very good.

Walker, Trippier, Clyne, Bellerin, Azpilicueta, Coleman, Valencia all comfortably better than him. Moses, Fosu-Mensah, Alexander-Arnold all in with a good case. I’m never in the ‘he’s **** now that he wants to leave’ camp, but I just don’t think Cedric is very good.

How many games has Coleman played since his leg was snapped in half? Serious questions.

We were heavily linked with Trippier as one of our main transfer targets just before Paul Mitchell went to Spurs and then Trippier followed Alderweireld and Wanyama there.

That might be the case, but he has been dreadful this season. You're the mentalist if you think he's had a good season, with respect.

For some reason you are always on Cedric's back? What did he ever do to you?

Who the hell could we bring here or would want to come here who's anywhere near his quality.

We were heavily linked with Trippier as one of our main transfer targets just before Paul Mitchell went to Spurs and then Trippier followed Alderweireld and Wanyama there.

I rate him higher than Walker personally, his delivery is superb, he just isn’t quite as quick (still quick enough!).

2 or 3, does that mean he’s not in the top 5 RB’s in the league?

Well after such an awful injury, there is no guarantee how he will recover... id hold judgement on Coleman. A couple of years ago, yes, he was better.

• 1 month later...

With the recent Telegraph article saying that Cedric (& Bertrand) might be allowed to move if we get a big enough offer for him, I was curious what people think he's worth?

Is Pereira @ £25m a good benchmark?

Edited by SuperSAINT