Cedric Soares - Official: Loaned to Arsenal

Saint Garrett

You would hope that a professional footballer would have too much pride in their own performance to do something like that deliberately...but who knows?

You might be surprised, or there again you might not, but professional footballers do not have the same motivations as weekend footballers. There have been plenty of examples of teams with players who hate each other or their managers. Some of these teams were very successful, some of them weren’t. Sometimes a player will deliberately over hit a pass just to make the recipient look bad.

They’re footballers. They’re not very bright.

Thinking again, the only player likely to be wanted by another club in the Prem, is Ings.

I don’t go to many games at all now but I manage to watch nearly all on the net. This is possibly the weakest squad I have seen in many years. Just my unqualified opinion.

Thinking again, the only player likely to be wanted by another club in the Prem, is Ings.

I don’t go to many games at all now but I manage to watch nearly all on the net. This is possibly the weakest squad I have seen in many years. Just my unqualified opinion.

JWP would have his takers, for some reason he's rated higher by other teams that by his own fans. Redmond would be snapped up, one of the keepers I reckon - probably McCarthy for someone looking for a steady back up, Bertrand could do a job elsewhere, and we'd probably lose Boufal and Djenepo.

I can't see anybody paying the money for Ings that we paid in the summer. Just as well as Ings/Adams/Obafemi/N'Lundulu would probably be a good attack for the Championship.

As for Cedric, I really hope it's not over for him here yet, especially as there are question marks over Valery's development this season. Bertrand back on the left will help, but my God do we need defenders in January.

JWP would have his takers, for some reason he's rated higher by other teams that by his own fans. Redmond would be snapped up, one of the keepers I reckon - probably McCarthy for someone looking for a steady back up, Bertrand could do a job elsewhere, and we'd probably lose Boufal and Djenepo.

I can't see anybody paying the money for Ings that we paid in the summer. Just as well as Ings/Adams/Obafemi/N'Lundulu would probably be a good attack for the Championship.

As for Cedric, I really hope it's not over for him here yet, especially as there are question marks over Valery's development this season. Bertrand back on the left will help, but my God do we need defenders in January.

When we do go down we’ll be stuck with the rest of the sh*te, we will make minimum signings and rely on youth. It’ll be spun as a return to the Southampton way of developing our own players, we will get spammed but the company with a new hashtag line, something like #marchingback with it all being about getting back to the premier league with our team of home grown players. Guarantee this will happen

When we do go down we’ll be stuck with the rest of the sh*te, we will make minimum signings and rely on youth. It’ll be spun as a return to the Southampton way of developing our own players, we will get spammed but the company with a new hashtag line, something like #marchingback with it all being about getting back to the premier league with our team of home grown players. Guarantee this will happen
Probably be able to pinch Kenny Jacket to launch the youth revolution...

#marchingbacktoleague1

On the plus side maybe the owner will **** of after two relegations

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

The long march?

• 2 months later...
He was isn’t lately that too hard to understand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote was "He is gash"......that too hard to understand? I have seen so many players who are dismissed as "gash" (whatever that is) who have a few good games and are suddenly world beaters. I don`t think that any player who has played 33 times for his country, including the European Champions winning team can be just dismissed like that. Inconsistent maybe, but that applies to so many of our players over the last few years with the constant changing of managers etc.

Quote was "He is gash"......that too hard to understand? I have seen so many players who are dismissed as "gash" (whatever that is) who have a few good games and are suddenly world beaters. I don`t think that any player who has played 33 times for his country, including the European Champions winning team can be just dismissed like that. Inconsistent maybe, but that applies to so many of our players over the last few years with the constant changing of managers etc.

Football fans are fickle am shocked

And the usual people on here will absolutely love it.

One of the reasons he wanted to leave in the summer was that a player only gets such a chance “once in their career” I.e. he’ll get a sizeable signing on fee from another club if he’s out of contract, so unless Arsenal can match that I wouldn’t be overly surprised to see him stick around until the summer.

why would Goas advisors sanction new players when we've wasted money in the past!

Why are you still going on about relegation? Stop looking backwards and being negative, it's an exciting new season and Jake Vokins is kissing the badge on a billboard outside the stadium so you know they're serious.

Getting rid of Cedric (and bringing in KWP) would

Mean we are absolutely no better off as a squad

Don't think this is the point to be honest.

We'll be getting a fee for a player who is 28 and out of contract in the summer, for more than what we spent on him. And lets be honest, he's not great and one of our highest earners.

If we can get through the rest of this season with KWP, Bertrand, Vokins and Valery as full backs, with the possibility of Danso/JWP if desparate, I don't think it would be terrible business, and then sets us up to either bring in KWP if he does well, or go hunting for an improvement in the summer.

We shall see....I see why they're considering it though.

£5 million for player that's out of contract in the summer and already said he's going to leave is a no brainer for a team where seemingly every penny counts, especially as with KWP coming in we'd still have two right backs (granted at diminished quality but that shouldn't be too much of an issue for a team virtually safe. And yes, we should be looking up the table not down but I get the feeling survival is our primary objective this season). I can see the board sanctioning this. I wonder if that would make for an interesting deadline day with some money in the bank...

£5 million for player that's out of contract in the summer and already said he's going to leave is a no brainer for a team where seemingly every penny counts, especially as with KWP coming in we'd still have two right backs (granted at diminished quality but that shouldn't be too much of an issue for a team virtually safe. And yes, we should be looking up the table not down but I get the feeling survival is our primary objective this season). I can see the board sanctioning this. I wonder if that would make for an interesting deadline day with some money in the bank...

Finishing higher up the table generates far more than the measly £5m we’d get for him in January- a sale we should not do unless Cedric is out till like March or something!

I’d rather have Cedric than KWP at RB.

Crazy if true. He's been very good this season, and KWP coming in to cover only makes sense if he has someone to cover. One in and one out is daft with Valery out.

it should not happen. If it does, there will be the usual collection of people applauding the club for it.

Finishing higher up the table generates far more than the measly £5m we’d get for him in January- a sale we should not do unless Cedric is out till like March or something!

I’d rather have Cedric than KWP at RB.

If cedric is injured for another month then it's really only about six games.

Perhaps Arteta is a better judge of decent quality than some on this forum?
perhaps, but he loves Xhaka and Mustafi. Cedric has been poor and couldn't cross his legs let alone a ball. It is only now he needs a contract/new club has he raised his game a tad. I remember when Saganowski was looking for a contract and he was superb,once the pen had nearly dried he was poor

I've never been a huge Cedric fan, not been one of my favs for sure. I won't be too fussed he goes, he won't be replaced by 'better' though.

What gets me is that we seemingly have to still sell before we can even loan now, the only reason this KWP stuff has sped up is because Cedric is going. That deal wouldn't have happened had we not managed to move someone on. We will be relegated at some point if this carries on.

I'm not overly fussed about Cedric, never rated him and the way he needlessly kicks the ball out for corners constantly without looking around him annoys the hell out of me.

The £5m being quoted isn't a huge amount of money in the grand scheme of things and I'd rather keep him as a squad player until the end of the season and lose him on a free. If KWP or Valery get injured or are rubbish it could be the difference between a top or bottom half finish and the prize money being more than the £5m.

Not entirely sure how this guy has won the Euro's, and had a spell at Inter, us and now Arsenal.

He doesn't have any obvious stand out qualities, as we all know he's weak in the air, not that fast, a bad crosser and doesn't really go past anyone. He's also a defender who turns away when someone shoots.

Get our money back, and hope that KWP/Valery do a job for 14 more games. He was going for nothing so may as well take the £ on offer.

Be nice to think it would go towards someone late in the window but we all know that won't happen.

Expectation is Arsenal will complete signing of 28yo Portugal full-back Cedric Soares from Southampton within 24hrs. Loan until end of season will earn #SaintsFC £5m inc full salary cover + put #AFC in pole position if they want permanent when free agent in summer @TheAthleticUK

Expectation is Arsenal will complete signing of 28yo Portugal full-back Cedric Soares from Southampton within 24hrs. Loan until end of season will earn #SaintsFC £5m inc full salary cover + put #AFC in pole position if they want permanent when free agent in summer @TheAthleticUK

Good financials for a player OOC in a few months. Also means proper chance to evaluate KWP, which makes it even more bizarre not to have a purchase option in his deal.