WBA (away) Build-up Thread

SuperSAINT

Gabbiadini is not in this one again. Caceres might start but he has been a bit naughty doing things he shouldn't have. Don't hold out for him being here next season now [emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Care to elaborate?

He sent an inappropriate picture of himself to a female member of staff

:lol:

Not that i believe much on here anyway.

If Gabbiadini is still injured i can't see us scoring so hope for another 0-0 like last season. Missing Van Dijk, Romeu and Gabbiadini makes it really tough for us, plus Steven Davis will probably be out.

You never know with West Brom, we're definitely capable of beating them, will have to take our chances though.

Gabbiadini is not in this one again. Caceres might start but he has been a bit naughty doing things he shouldn't have. Don't hold out for him being here next season now ?

Is your real name Billy?

Why would anyone put JRod in over Long? I know Long is shocking in front of goal but he does make things happen. JRod just looks spent .Shame as before his injury he was one of my favourite players

Sadly true against Bournemouth Jrod struggled to get onto most of the through balls played for him at least Long gets to them and puts the opposition defence under pressure even if he cant finish for ****.

We might be best to approach this game as we would a home game. If we take a cautious approach they will gradually wear us down and bully us with their physical play. We can't match them in that department, especially with Clasie instead of Romeu, so we should perhaps focus on targetting their weaknesses. They will find it tough dealing with the likes of Redmond and Long, so we should take the game to them a bit more and make them deal with our strengths rather than letting them dictate the match. Balls in behind and getting their big defenders turning may prove to be the key to a win.

LOL piece about Long and Rondon on the guardian "10 things to watch out for this weekend"...

10) Penguin v Emu at The Hawthorns

With all due respect to penguins, it is hard to take them seriously. Same with emus. It just does not seem quite right to call them birds. They are, then, the Shane Long and Salomón Rondón of the avian world, birds who cannot fly being akin to strikers who cannot be relied on to score. And yet, in so many ways Long and Rondón are two of the most admirable forwards in the Premier League: strong, smart, dynamic pests to play against and often thrilling to watch. This weekend’s mid-table match between West Brom and Southampton may seem meaningless but, if Long and Rondón happened to end their goal droughts, it would help anyone who wants to define them as strikers. PD

And I wonder how many times Rondon wanders offside in an average game - I hope it's more than our wonderful Shane Long (who I still rate highly bu the way!)

Why would anyone put JRod in over Long? I know Long is shocking in front of goal but he does make things happen. JRod just looks spent .Shame as before his injury he was one of my favourite players

Everyone criticises JayRod and tbf he has struggled despite his potential. But what has happened to Sims. Is he injured?

Sims has put in some stunning performances when given the chance. He could be just the player to stretch Broms defence.

Everyone criticises JayRod and tbf he has struggled despite his potential. But what has happened to Sims. Is he injured?

Sims has put in some stunning performances when given the chance. He could be just the player to stretch Broms defence.

He was on the bench vs Palace.

Sims hasn't been injured, it is simply a case of him being down the pecking order. If fit the likes of Tadic, Redmond, Ward-Prowse, Long, Boufal, Rodriguez, Gabbiadini who are more senior are more likely to get a spot in the team or as an attacking option on the bench. It is unlikely Puel will drop a more senior player if fit to make way for Sims.

Maybe the Ref will protect our players for once and we won't be on the end of some ****ty decisions...nah that won't happen

4 CBs in their back 4 no doubt with someone kicking lumps in midfield

with this giving it stacks on the sideline....

_79999263_pulis_getty.jpg

Forster

Cedric Stephens Yoshida Bertrand

PEH Clasie

JWP Tadic Redmond

Long

Subs: Hassen, Caceres, McQueen, Reed, Sims, Boufal, Rodriguez.

Set pieces will be a major concern - West Brom score them for fun and our side must be one of the smallest in the league. Hoping we can knick a point here.

I must have watched a different game but Jay Rod looked sharp vs Bmouth.

I would start Caceres over Stephens, he will get bullied hard this game and hes still not doing anything to show

Forster

Cedric Yoshi Caceres Bertrand

JWP Clasie

Jay Rod Tadic Redmond

Long

Subs to come on Sims, Boufal and PEH.

I would start Caceres over Stephens, he will get bullied hard this game and hes still not doing anything to show me he is developing into a premier league CB.

Forster

Cedric Yoshi Caceres Bertrand

JWP Clasie

Jay Rod Tadic Redmond

Long

Subs to come on Sims, Boufal and PEH.

To be fair to our keeper, one of the things he does well is waste a load of time when we're winning, taking an age over goal kicks, without getting booked.

He takes an age whether we're winning, losing or drawing to be fair.

They like to play a possession based conservative game looking for pace on the break and set pieces. We struggle to score without Gabbi (Palace was a one off) so will play a possession based conservative game looking to cross the halfway line occasionally so Tadic can try a punt from 35 yards. All set for a thriller. 0-0.

Funny, I read this a lot, but when he plays I usually see him make at least one or two lung-busting runs to try and win back possession, and that's just in the 10-15 minutes he's given at the end of the game. At the moment he's frustrating because he tries too much, not because he tries too little.

Exactly.

Basically, anyone who likes a dribble and is a bit foreign looking will always get called lazy.

We might be best to approach this game as we would a home game. If we take a cautious approach they will gradually wear us down and bully us with their physical play. We can't match them in that department, especially with Clasie instead of Romeu, so we should perhaps focus on targetting their weaknesses. They will find it tough dealing with the likes of Redmond and Long, so we should take the game to them a bit more and make them deal with our strengths rather than letting them dictate the match. Balls in behind and getting their big defenders turning may prove to be the key to a win.

Agree. Best form of defence in this one is to dominate ball and force them into their sad little shell. If we let them have territory then eventually they will wear us down with crosses.

So, according to this website https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/ West Brom have a 36% chance of winning, and we have a 34% chance of winning.

And yet somehow we are favourites with the bookies.

Completely agree, I thought he was playing well and unlucky to be taken off, whereas Long was awful after coming on and then couldn't hit a cow's backside in midweek. I can't see us having an abundance of chances here so we need to be more clinical, I would start with Jay.