Saints Programme

spyinthesky

For my sins I always buy one despite baulking at the £4 cover price

Interested to see that the results show we lost 4-0 at Sunderland (boo!!), won 3-2 in the EFLC (horray!!), lost 4-3 at Watford (boo!!), won 2-1 at Spurs (horray!!)

Fortunately the BBA result was correct at nil all.

You would think that the club's copy checker would be able to get our results right.

Hopefully, in a parallel universe, we didn't lose 3-1 last night!!!

For my sins I always buy one despite baulking at the £4 cover price

Interested to see that the results show we lost 4-0 at Sunderland (boo!!), won 3-2 in the EFLC (horray!!), lost 4-3 at Watford (boo!!), won 2-1 at Spurs (horray!!)

Fortunately the BBA result was correct at nil all.

You would think that the club's copy checker would be able to get our results right.

Hopefully, in a parallel universe, we didn't lose 3-1 last night!!!

Hopefully you realise that you are mis-reading the results. Home team first For the EFL Man U were designated the "home" team.

Hopefully you realise that you are mis-reading the results. Home team first For the EFL Man U were designated the "home" team.

Actually he isn't mis-reading anything. They have made a real pigs breakfast of the away matches where some list Saints score first (West Ham 3-0) and others list it second (Sunderland 0-4)

That stats page was my least favourite page to do when I was artworking programmes, as you can't just copy and paste like you can for articles. Like to think I'd get the results right though, even if I got the occasional error with a sub or the line up. It's often the last page to get done as you can be waiting for results to come in on a Wednesday night before sending it to print around midnight. Did a saints programme once, never got paid...

There were two reasons why I stopped buying programmes (or match day magazines, as they like to call them).

a) The size is too big to put in your pocket !

b) Most of the information is online already so it's pure duplication !

It's a shame because up until a few years ago I always bought one and actually have a collection of over 2,000 altogether !

Actually he isn't mis-reading anything. They have made a real pigs breakfast of the away matches where some list Saints score first (West Ham 3-0) and others list it second (Sunderland 0-4)

He is actually (misreading the most recent results), but you are right as well, and I can see why he might be confused. I hadn't noticed that all the away results in November, December and January (except Bournemouth) are the wrong way round, but all the results before then and since are correct (as far as I can see). Odd that no-one noticed before, or maybe it just shows that few really read the programme these days. [Couldn't reply earlier as my 3 posts had been used]